From the Back Cover
Build solutions for complex business problems more effectively with Domain-Driven Design
This book distills the ideas and theories of the Domain-Driven Design (DDD) philosophy into a practical playbook that you can leverage to simplify application development for complex problem domains. A focus is placed on the principles and practices of decomposing a complex problem space as well as the implementation patterns and best practices for shaping a maintainable solution space. You will learn how to build effective domain models through the use of tactical patterns and how to retain their integrity by applying the strategic patterns of DDD. Full end-to-end coding examples demonstrate techniques for integrating a decomposed and distributed solution space while coding best practices and patterns advise you on how to architect applications for maintenance and scale.
- Offers a thorough introduction to the philosophy of DDD for professional developers
- Simplifies the theories of Domain-Driven Design into practical principles and practices
- Includes masses of code and examples of concepts in action that other books have only covered theoretically
- Covers the patterns of CQRS, Messaging, REST, Event Sourcing and Event-Driven Architectures
- Ideal for developers using Java, Ruby, and other languages who want to learn common DDD implementation patterns
- Code examples presented in C# demonstrating concepts that can be applied in any language
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals.Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Scott Millett is the Director of IT for Iglu.com, and has been working with .NET since version 1.0. He was awarded the ASP.NET MVP in 2010 and 2011, and is the author of Professional ASP.NET Design Patterns and Professional Enterprise .NET.
Nick Tune is a software developer delivering solutions to complex business problems using technology, collaboration, and Domain-Driven Design. He continually seeks improvement by working on ambitious products and with enthusiastic people.