Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 739 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 810 reviews
In about 1992 we bought a Patton floor fan. We've used it ever since to cool the house (blowing out of an upstairs window), dry carpets and dry paint. It was a champ...until it died during the current heat wave. So I bought another Patton.

This one is a little quieter, and moves more air, than the old 18-inch Patton. I know a lot can change at a company in a quarter century, but so far this looks like a winner. If it fails to perform over time I'll update this review, but so far so good.
on August 26, 2016
Good high velocity fan. It moves a lot of air. Great for a porch or workshop; though a little noisy for inside use. Speed variation from low to high is not enormous. The 10 year warranty says the company thinks well of its product. It is still all metal in a world of cheap plastic. We have 5 Patton fans and have never been disappointed. They are worth the price.
on July 22, 2012
I purchased the Patton fan from Amazon. The noise of the fan was not an issue for me, its effectiveness was most important. Now the practical side, most all other fans I've owned; the front grill is riveted together making it impossible to remove the grill for cleaning. The Patton has removable screws and makes access a snap. The Patton does what its suppose to do, move air and it does it well. The ability to direction the flow of air is a real nice feature. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this product to others.
on August 17, 2015
Moves the air, fast, through the length of my 900sqft house. I can come home, fling open the doors, and whoosh the hot air out within minutes. I don't use a clothes dryer; I hang up the clothes in the spare room and dry them with this fan.

Expecting fall heat waves, I just bought a second one for my boyfriend's hot little apartment.

Quiet, sturdy. Easy to move around with the handle.

My model (purchased here a year ago) has adjustable nuts on the pivot, which is good because the force of the air makes them unscrew themselves, which allows the fan to tilt up toward the ceiling instead of where I had aimed it. I got tired of retightening them and added my own washers under the nuts, and never had a problem again. This was inconvenient, and the company should have thought of this, but I don't think it is worth knocking off a star. I hope that the one I'm sending to him will also have adjustable nuts. (I mention this because I have a smaller Polar-Aire, also a cradle design, which only has grommets, which means I have to jam something into the pivot to maintain its position. It never occurred to me to carefully examine pictures of fans on Amazon to make sure that they would have appropriate hardware.)

This fan is big, note well. You need to be able to place it on the floor or on a big table where there is room for its four feet. It won't fit on most window sills, unless you put a board under it.
I have never heard of Patton before but was looking for a fan and read the reviews. The reviews convinced me to buy it.

I was happily surprised it arrived with only the legs to snap on. It has a well constructed frame and feels very solid. I needed something to place in my garage and cool it down at night. I have two senior cats that go out during the day but stay in the garage at night. I had a tower fan last year but the air was very directional. I decided to get this one. It is loud but that can be a bonus since it drowns out any noise outside while they are sleeping. On low this thing really moves the air. I am shocked that all three settings blow the air so well. It really cools the garage down; I got cold standing in front of it.

Very happy with this fan and know it will be easy to clean. I am glad I looked around and read the reviews. It is everything that people said it would be.
on May 29, 2013
This is an economical,very efficient air circulator. We placed it just in front of a floor A/C vent and tilted the fan upwards,or hassock position. This has kept our living room very comfortable and helps our central unit to cut off and on,on very hot days,which we certainly have in Arkansas. I am amazed at the low price and the fan circulator arrived well packaged and very quickly. It is not a super quiet operation,but a far better fan than the one we purchased before,for ALOT more money! Highly recommend!
on August 20, 2017
Love this fan, I've had it for a while now and it works great. After a little while the stand stopped working and the fan won't stay tilted on its own, but it still works well for air movement and cooling! It's also very good if you like white noise, but not so great if you don't as it is fairly loud.
on July 16, 2015
FAN-TASTIC! Really nice performing fan. Powerful. I debated whether to get the 20" or the 18" and I am glad I went with the 18." The blade is 18" so the overall width is closer to 24" or more. The fan is quality, all metal, and looks great in understated black, with silver fan blade. Even on low, this fan moves a lot of air. I rarely go beyond medium. I wish there was even a lower setting, because even on low, it does produce quite a bit of noise, but as others have mentioned, it is a nice "white noise." It is really just the sound of a high volume of air blowing...no thumping, clicking, or rattling like you get on cheap fans. I set up this fan near the door to my bedroom and blow the air out into the rest of the house...it sucks the cool night air in through the windows and circulates it everywhere. Put another way; If I stand BEHIND this fan, I am cooler than if I stand IN FRONT of every other fan I have ever owned...put together!

We recently had a period of 100 degree weather and I was completely comfortable using only this fan. I almost bought an air conditioner, but I am so glad I saved a lot of money by going with this Patton 18 inch fan instead. It is like having a single-prop airplane blowing air through your house. Personally I don't like the feel of air-conditioned air, so this cooling solution has worked out much better for me.
on July 6, 2016
I was going to send it back unopened and get a second Air King (because the Patton is made in China and the Air King in the US). WAS being the operative word here. Hubby grabbed it saying "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Meaning I'll have to order another Air King giving us three industrial grade fans. The Patton fan is working fine out of the very much damaged box and hubby is very happy with how much air it can move on low. I told him that was the difference between industrial grade and a house fan. He is also happy that it takes up much less space than the box fan he was using. I gave it four stars because he is so happy with it.

FOLLOWUP: We lost half the power to the RV yesterday and that, of course, included the air-conditioning. With temps still in the nineties at night my husband doesn't think he could have survived the night without this fan.
on July 29, 2017
AWESOME power! We bought this because we are PATTON Fans - get it?! We have had our first Patton Fan for over 20 years and with this very HOT Summer decided we needed another one for the other side of the house. These are not like a 'run of the mill' fan. They are what they say - HIGH VELOCITY and for this heat that's what we need.