Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 151 reviews
on July 2, 2014
Edited review: After posting the below review, a company customer service agent contacted me. After explaining the situation, the company sent me a new FitBit Flex and charger. The customer service was excellent and I am very pleased with my replacements. I would feel confident with this company's products because their customer service is so excellent.

____________________________________________________
I was only able to use this item once. I plugged it into my Mid-2010 MacBook Pro and placed my Fitbit Flex in the charger. The light's on the Flex immediately began to light normally, indicating it was charging. I left it there for approximately 3.5 hours and noticed the lights continued to indicate a charge well into hour two. When I went to remove the Flex, I noticed the lights were no longer flashing and it was unresponsive to "taps."

In spite of walking through FitBit's troubleshooting guide, speaking with their tech help, and attempting other ways of resetting; my FitBit Flex remains unresponsive and unusable. My Flex was working perfectly until I used this product. I can only conclude this item broke my FitBit Flex.
on June 10, 2014
Here is my summary: It works well when you keep an eye on it with your FitBit Flex inserted. There are times when it inexplicably will not charge.

I have found that if you don't let the unit dangle because your power outlet is about a foot above the floor you have better results. When traveling, I have plugged in this charger into the outlet on the lamp at the hotel and laid the Flex on the desktop, and it reliably charges. The Flex displays alternating bright and dim LEDs as it charges to give you an indication that it is charging, and it builds up to the 5 bars to indicate it is fully charged.

Oddly enough, it appears to be built in reverse of the original FitBit Flex charger provided by FitBit. What I mean is, the USB is upside-down from the insert. I've plugged my original into the AC Adapter and had more reliable results when I do not have a better option for laying the Flex charger so it doesn't dangle.

I have also tried cleaning the contacts to see if it helps the results. I don't think it does, at least not in my experience. However, I still endorse this product.
on May 27, 2014
The price of this product is why i chose it as a replacement.
The product arrived as described and my first time charging it for ~1 hour and it seemed to be functional and was performing just as well as the charger that comes with the flex.

HOWEVER, the 2nd time charging it was when i put the flex in the charger and left it overnight.
The first thing I notice in the morning is that the pins on the fitbit flex have literally melted off / gotten distorted from overheating.

That would be the very last charge my fitbit flex would hold. Now it is in a state that cannot be charged again.
I'm out the price of a brand new flex because I tried to save a few bucks on a replacement charger.

My recommendation is to pay for quality and avoid products like this if you don't want to end up with a really negative experience.
on April 8, 2014
While I was very excited about the ability to charge in the wall, I would advise some caution in using this. My original charger was damaged beyond use by my pet so I ordered this as a replacement. After the second use, my fitbit stopped communicating/refreshing. After following all the troubleshooting steps, I was directed to reset my fitbit while it was in the charger by placing a paperclip through a tiny hole in the back of the charger. This charger does not have the tiny hole to allow you to reset like the original charger does. I understand that my fitbit not communicating after charging could be concidence but the fitbit team reminded me that wall charging was not a recommended power charging option. Of course, because fitbit is such a wonderful company, they have already sent me a replacement but I won't be using this wall charger on my new model.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
I can't begin to explain how much easier this has made charging my FitBit. It's an extremely handy accessory, plus it's very affordable, unlike some of it's competition. There's only one little issue that prevented me from giving a full 5 stars--when plugged into the wall, the "holster" that holds the FitBit piece just sort of hangs limp from the wall. This usually isn't a major issue, but sometimes the FitBit would loosed from the holster just enough to stop charging. If there was some sort of prop or piece that could hold the holster upright while charging, it would be perfect. Other than that, though, this is a must-have for FitBit Flex owners!
on September 16, 2014
I bought this as a replacement for my Flex charger because it had excellent reviews, and I typically trust generic chargers to get the job done. Within one day of using this charger my Flex wouldn't hold a charge. I called Fitbit customer service who tried to walk me through resetting my fitbit to see if that would help, but since this charger doesn't have a little hole in the base to allow you to do so, the company became aware that I was using an unauthorized product and it voided my warranty! So I had to purchase a whole new Fitbit entirely. I'm very disappointed with this product, and have thrown it in the garbage where it belongs.
on February 3, 2014
Works well. Has all the capabilities as the charger that originally came with the fitbit flex. Also, the flex recharged slightly quicker than it did with the original charger.
on August 6, 2014
I have only used it once. I forgot my Fitibt charger at work and was looking at a long weekend and knew my battery would not make it. This cable also comes with a plug for the wall. I did not see it in the pictures so that was a nice surprise. I think it actually charged better than my Fitbit charger. My Fitbit charge can be very temperamental and has to be positioned a certain way to charge. I did not have that issue with this charger. I will update this review if it changes.
on November 7, 2014
This charger is cheap and it works. That's what I needed. The first one I was sent had a short in it so it only worked if I jiggled it around a lot. After contacting the seller, they quickly sent a replacement which works just fine. The charger doesn't include the reset button, but I don't need that, so it's a pretty good priced alternative to the real thing. It conveniently came with a 5V USB black plug that looks like the Apple plug.
on April 14, 2014
I needed a backup charger so I could keep one at work and one at home, so I wouldn't be stuck with not being able to charge my Flex at home if my charger was at work, and vice versa. Those who use these know that there's not really an "ideal" time to charge, as you use them during the day AND at night. This was an inexpensive way to allow for charging where I need it. Have not needed a reset button, so for now the lack of one of this charger is a non-issue.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.