Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Paul Newman Trib Coll Sac” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 42% off the $79.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Paul Newman Trib Coll Sac
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Audio: English: Stereo, Mono / Spanish & French: Mono
- Disc 1: The Long Hot Summer
- Disc 2: Rally 'Round the Flag Boys
- Disc 3: From the Terrace
- Disc 4: Exodus
- Disc 5: The Hustler - Collector's Edition Disc 1
- Disc 6: The Hustler - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Disc 7: Hemingway's Adventures of a Young Man
- Disc 8: What a Way To Go!
- Disc 9: Hombre
- Disc 10: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Collector'sl Edition Disc 1
- Disc 11: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Disc 12: Towering Inferno - Special Edition Disc 1
- Disc 13: Towering Inferno - Special Edition Disc 2
- Disc 14: Buffalo Bill and the Indians
- Disc 15: Quintet
- Disc 16: The Verdict - Collector's Edition Disc 1
- Disc 17: The Verdict - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Collection includes an exclusive 136 page soft-bound book including:
- Never-before-seen images of Paul Newman along with cast, crew and the film's set
- Excerpts from each film
- Personal quotes from Paul Newman
Top Customer Reviews
When I received this, six of the DVDs had come loose from their pockets and had been terribly scratched. The DVDs are not kept in cases, and are not in any way locked in. They are instead slid into pockets on a fold-out DVD case. There is nothing to prevent the DVDs from coming loose, and the pockets do not secure them tightly to start with. Needless to say, I had to return the product.
If you really want this, I suggest buying it somewhere you can be sure that the discs are not loose from travel.
I've never felt the need to write a review for anything I've purchased from Amazon before, but I had to in this case.
Several of the DVD's were loose on arrival and two so badly scratched they didn't play properly; one can be watched but one is trash. The sleeves the DVD's are in are nothing more than slits in cardboard; not only do the slits not hold the DVD's securly but the cardboard is abrasive and scratches the DVD's when they work loose.
Even if the packagaing/storage box didn't damage the DVD's it would have lost a star for its shape and size. It is oblong and doesn't fit on a standard book shelf or DVD rack. Just where does the designer think a person would store this box.
I will not return the set but replace the damaged DVDs with individual purchases; they are both reasons for this purchase. Exodus and The Towering Inferno were the most damaged though all DVD's do have some scratches even the ones that didn't come loose have scuffs. The cardboard is abrasive and just the vibrations of moving it put scuffs on the DVD's where they made contact with the sleeves. The DVD's will be put in a DVD wallet.
1. The Long, Hot Summer (1958) - directed by Martin Ritt costarring Joanne Woodward
2. Rally 'round the Flag, Boys! (1958) - comedy directed by Leo McCarey costarring Joanne Woodward
3. From the Terrace (1960) - directed by Mark Robson and costarring Joanne Woodward. Rather complex story of the disintegration of a marriage.
4. Exodus (1960) - directed by Otto Preminger costarring Eva Marie Saint. Story of the birth of the modern nation of Israel.
5. The Hustler (1961) - directed by Robert Rossen costarring Piper Laurie. One of Newman's most famous roles as a pool hustler who wants to beat Minnesota Fats. The current two disc edition of this film is quite good, it will be interesting to see if it is improved upon.
6. Adventures of a Young Man (1962) - directed by Martin Ritt costarring Diane Baker. Paul Newman is tenth billed and thus plays a very small part.
7. What a Way to Go! (1964) - directed by J. Lee Thompson. Stars Shirley MacLaine as a woman who brings fortune, fame, and death to all of her husbands. Paul Newman plays one of them, so this really is not his film.
8. Hombre (1967) - directed by Martin Ritt and costarring Frederic March. This is a very good western with the focus back on Newman in the lead.
9.Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) - directed by George Roy Hill and costarring Robert Redford. A delightful western with comic and tragic touches.
10. Towering Inferno (1974) - costarring Steve McQueen. Newman plays an architect who returns from a long vacation to find that the skyscraper he designed has been constructed in a substandard fashion. A fire breaks out the night that the building owner is hosting a party on the roof celebrating the building's opening.
11.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
4 stars for the films...0 for the packaging...
Fox should be ashamed of selling this item, but they won't be. Read more
I liked it, but my favorite movie in the set was damaged (not scratched, I just think it did burn well to the disk initially. Read morePublished on July 20, 2014 by Loma
Same thing all the other negative reviews said.....the films themselves are great! Paul Newman was an amazing talent! Read morePublished on March 25, 2014 by AimeeL
Who doesn't like this guy? All of his movies were superior. Glad I got this at a great price so I can watch his movies over and over. Good cross-section of his work.Published on February 6, 2014 by missingthailand
This item is great for any Paul Newman lover. There is a great variety of Newman movies in the box including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by Deronda G. South
We bought the DVD set at Costco in Ontario and the whole set is scratched. This is obviously a manufacturer's defect because the scratches were very consistent - the top row of... Read morePublished on December 4, 2013 by rosemary martin
No "Cool Hand Luke"? No "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"? And they claim this is complete or represents the best of his work? Read morePublished on November 19, 2013 by singer
The Tribute Collection , what can anyone say bad about anything to do with Paul Newman. The tribute collection reflect a history of his film carrierPublished on August 11, 2013 by John B
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > TV