Paul Newman Trib Coll Sac
DVD | Box Set
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
His looks were devastating. His charm was legendary. His legacy is astonishing. Paul Newman – film's most enduring superstar – is a giant of the silver screen who not only quickly attained icon status, but continued to deliver a string of powerhouse performances throughout his remarkable career. Gathered here for the first time are 13 of his best films, accompanied by a captivating coffee table book that traces the story of Newman's ascent in Hollywood. Including a stunning array of photos, some of which have never been seen before, this definitive collection is a timeless addition to any library.
- Audio: English: Stereo, Mono / Spanish & French: Mono
- Disc 1: The Long Hot Summer
- Disc 2: Rally 'Round the Flag Boys
- Disc 3: From the Terrace
- Disc 4: Exodus
- Disc 5: The Hustler - Collector's Edition Disc 1
- Disc 6: The Hustler - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Disc 7: Hemingway's Adventures of a Young Man
- Disc 8: What a Way To Go!
- Disc 9: Hombre
- Disc 10: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Collector'sl Edition Disc 1
- Disc 11: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Disc 12: Towering Inferno - Special Edition Disc 1
- Disc 13: Towering Inferno - Special Edition Disc 2
- Disc 14: Buffalo Bill and the Indians
- Disc 15: Quintet
- Disc 16: The Verdict - Collector's Edition Disc 1
- Disc 17: The Verdict - Collector's Edition Disc 2
- Collection includes an exclusive 136 page soft-bound book including:
- Never-before-seen images of Paul Newman along with cast, crew and the film's set
- Excerpts from each film
- Personal quotes from Paul Newman
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fox should be ashamed of selling this item, but they won't be. The idiot savants who designed this package should be sent to the eastern part of the Ukraine, they are likely, however, to receive promotions and bonuses. I sent this DVD set, the worst I have ever seen, back to Amazon because when I opened it, discs had fallen out of their dreadful cardboard seats that were supposed to hold them and all of them, all of them, were scratched, scuffed, and looked like they had all been used as skates on the cold asphalt in streets of Albany, New York. I am at a loss for words to express how bad this DVD package is. I am also at a loss for words as to why Amazon would sell such total crap. No I am not. For though Amazon has the ability to force corporations to issue only quality products, Amazon cares more about Mammon and world conquest than it does about its customers.
Several of the DVD's were loose on arrival and two so badly scratched they didn't play properly; one can be watched but one is trash. The sleeves the DVD's are in are nothing more than slits in cardboard; not only do the slits not hold the DVD's securly but the cardboard is abrasive and scratches the DVD's when they work loose.
Even if the packagaing/storage box didn't damage the DVD's it would have lost a star for its shape and size. It is oblong and doesn't fit on a standard book shelf or DVD rack. Just where does the designer think a person would store this box.
I will not return the set but replace the damaged DVDs with individual purchases; they are both reasons for this purchase. Exodus and The Towering Inferno were the most damaged though all DVD's do have some scratches even the ones that didn't come loose have scuffs. The cardboard is abrasive and just the vibrations of moving it put scuffs on the DVD's where they made contact with the sleeves. The DVD's will be put in a DVD wallet.