Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 9, 2013
I used this pot today to cook pinto beans which I had soaked overnight. It took from 9am to 4 pm to get them soft enough to eat. Also I had to stir them often so they wouldn't stick. Needless to say I was not impressed. Luckily I bought this pot from the amazon warehouse and it arrived in perfect shape for a nice discount.. I had gift certificates so I paid around $100. I would say even that price is too much for this pot. Save your money. I also found a review from the current Shop Smart magazine that echoed my comments.
on March 7, 2010
After burning my food every other time with my Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12 Quart Stockpot (which is tri-ply in construction on bottom and sides), I decided to purchase this pot. WOW, it really cooks the food good and there is no food burned or stuck at the bottom like on my calphalon pot. Even though it says you don't have to stir, I find myself stirring the pot to make sure the ingredients and flavors are well distributed in my preparation. I bought this pot $60 cheaper than it is currently but it is still worth the price for what you are getting. Heavy duty construction and excellently made (I was very pleased at the high quality of this pot when I received it), this pot will last you forever as you should be able to pass this pot down through the generations in your family. I am so glad this pot is Stainless Steel on the inside and outside as I would not have bought it otherwise. If you buy this pot I guarantee you will be very happy with it.

PS The picture here on amazon is a little misleading as on the pot I got, the stainless steel both on the inside and out are a very high polished chrome stainless steel, i.e. NOT a brushed SS or a dull looking SS.
on July 2, 2015
I use it to make chicken stew. My stew is really thick and difficult to make without scorching it prior to this pot. If this pot got stolen tomorrow I would order another one tomorrow night. Yep, you still have to stir it but about 1/3 as often as with any other stock pot I've made it in. I've tried several including one high dollar thick bottom one.
on August 31, 2014
Still in the testing stage but haven't burnt anything yet. My big concern is about ruining the pot if I have the heat up too much. Even if I have liquids in the pot I'm wondering if it is ok to turn my burner on my gas stove up to high to get it started then turn it back to simmer when it starts to boil. I also like how I can pour liquids out of it, the liquids don't run back under making a mess. So far I really like this pot.
on December 28, 2016
This is a great pot it just didn't meet the needs that I had. It simmers marvelously but it is not intended to reach the high temperatures required for searing or frying.
on October 29, 2010
I purchased this pot for its size and heat distribution technology. I use this pot for large batches of soups, sauces, you name it, and it performs exceptionally well. I would love to have an entire line of these pots. It is important to note that with its size comes considerable weight. Not a negative, just an FYI. I read in a previous review that this pot became someone's "go to" pot, and I would completely agree. While this pot is not cheap, it is top quality and you get what you pay for. I give this product my highest recommendation.

Update 12/5/13
I have used this pot for three years now and it is still a go-to pot in my kitchen. It is important to note that the heat distribution properties of this pot are outstanding. However, because of the bulk and weight of the base of the pot combined with its heat retention capabilities, this pot does not respond as quickly to changes in temperature once a baseline cooking temp has been established. For example, if you're cooking a sauce at medium high and then need to reduce the temperature to low, this pot takes a little time to cool down and/or heat up. Nonetheless, still a great performer.
on February 9, 2017
a high end pot. A little too heavy for me to lift when it full of soup/stew. But I do appreciate the job it does.

A Cadillac of pots
on November 23, 2010
I bought this pot as a gift for my husband (who is a caterer), who makes gravy, sauces, soups, stews, etc. on a daily basis. But since we tried it out at home first to make slow cooked oatmeal, I was glad when he did not take it to work. We use it at home and there is no substitute for it.
on April 15, 2011
I purchased this pot from Amazon and I am more than happy with it. I was so tired of burning stews and spaghetti gravy with my old pot, even on low heat. Not any more, this pot is great and Amazon had the lowest price for the pot.
on July 1, 2010
I've had my eye on this pot for a year or so, finally bit the bullet and ordered it a couple months ago. It is without a doubt the best pot ever made! Nothing sticks...EVER!