Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on January 3, 2015
Got this computer here on Amazon during a sale, so I got a pretty great deal on it. I was looking for a cheap gaming laptop that would fit my budget. Rated 4 starts instead of five because while I'm all around happy with my purchase and the computer runs fast and does everything I need it to do with speed, it does have a few hiccups here and there...about what I'd expect from an HP.

I've had HPs in the past and in hindsight, I wondered why I got another after the problems Ive had with previous laptops of this brand lol. But it was a good deal, so Ill give them one more chance.

Pros: Great price, runs great, and has room for an additional stick of ram. Came with windows 8.1 that Ive grown to love. Big clear screen, love it!

Cons: every now and then, which seems to be a problem with all HPs, the computer wont want to come back from sleep, and you're forever stuck on a black screen, leaving you no choice but to force-shutdown. Yaaay. Also one of the usb ports on this laptop was soldered in crooked, so its a little hard to plug things in to that particular socket. Other than those two things not much else to complain about, but at the same time those are two things a true quality computer wouldn't have issues with. The touch pad on this computer has a very awful textured surface I don't like as well, not pleasant, not sure why they felt a need to do that.

But all in all, none of those things are worth less than a four star because I do love my computer, but HP needs to work on some things.
on August 4, 2015
Do NOT buy it refurbished. I bought it refurbished from KLAMP electronics through amazon and it did not come with basically any of the parts it said it did. Upon analysis, it appears that they used the CHEAPEST parts they could. Right out of the box it started overheating, and using all of the physical memory. I could barely even run anything on it. Even just browsing the internet was slow.
I bought this thinking it would be a great buy due to it being refurbished but oh boy was I wrong. Do NOT buy REFURBISHED or THROUGH KLAMP. If you do, do it at your own risk. Really ashamed of amazon for allowing this. Its getting returned first thing tomorrow.
on December 30, 2015
I ordered an additional 4gb ram chip to put in here when I ordered this laptop, listed as having 4gb installed, and an 8gb capacity. What I found was an extra 2gb ram card not mentioned in the description, which, though I now have no use for, was still a nifty bonus. Not saying you should count on getting that, it's just what I did. Otherwise, and excellent laptop aside from Windows 8 being the worst piece of software humans had yet to conceive at the time.
on December 29, 2014
*Warning* Laptop not as advertised. HP is advertising an AMD Elite Quad-Core A8-5550M with an AMD Radeon HD 8550G graphics card. What you will receive is an Quad-Core A8-4500M with a Radeon HD 7640G graphics card. This was a gift for my gf on christmas, it ran slow for her out of the box, confusingly hogging up 70% physical memory just sitting open with no apps running. Item has been returned.
on February 18, 2014
The laptop comes with 4 gigs of ram but i had an extra 2 gig stick sitting around and that helps it play games a lot better. I was getting somewhere around 10 to 15 Fps in battlefield 3 without the extra 2 gigs then around 20 to 25 with it. I only used Battlefield 3 as a benchmark to see what the upper limit would be for gaming. What i mostly do on this laptop is Photoshop, Google Sketchup and Blender. It handles those programs very well. When i need a break from productivity it can do CS source, torchlight, Dawn of War: soulstorm. Its gaming strengths lean more toward RTS than FPS. If you are looking for an all around machine that will do light gaming (GET EXTRA RAM IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY A GAME) for at or under 500 bucks this will do it. My only real gripe is the body feels a bit flimsy but you sacrifice ruggedness for a sleek look. This is my first windows 8 machine so i had to do some searches to get rid of the hp bloatware but once that was cleaned up i felt better knowing it had only what i wanted on it. This laptop is a good companion piece for a power user but not a desktop replacement. Better than a chrome book but not quite an alienware.
18 people found this helpful
on September 14, 2014
for what you give up (touch screen and battery life) you certainly get a lot of gaming capability. it can run just about anything on high settings, but if you want to do it long, I'd find an outlet.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 15, 2015
I was not impressed that they substituted a different model. They work fine but do not have buttons for the mouse click but they work just fine. Next time I will go back to Best Buy so I get what I order.
on December 1, 2014
I bought this laptop because it comes with AMD Radeon HD 8550G graphics but when i got it, I am totally disappointed to see that it does NOT come with 8550g but instead a 7640g, according to dxdiag. It is also very noisy, with just one tab on the internet explorer the cpu performance hits a high 90% to 100%. I know, some tweaks has to be done, but I was really expecting a better performance nonetheless.

I give it a one star because i hate liars.
One person found this helpful
on August 7, 2014
Beautiful, just want I wanted. It's got everything I wanted. Fast, good gaming fast everything. Well one problem from Hp referbish laptop, battery doesn't last no more than 1 hour., other than that excellent Hp laptop......
on July 18, 2014
Just got it yesterday in the mail and all seemed well until the battery slowly and slowly started to deplete regardless of it being plugged in. Unfortunately since the damn thing wouldn't charge there wasn't much i could do with it after one day. If I could give zero stars I would. Very disappointed.
|11 comment|Report abuse