|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Processor||2.8 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4 2133|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||4 GB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C|
CUK HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Notebook (Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB, 15.6-Inch Full HD, Windows 10) Cheapest Gamer Photo Video Editing Laptop for Under $1000
|Price:||$994.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6MB Cache, 2.8GHz-3.8GHz) 45W
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | Hard Drive: 1TB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive
- Keyboard: Full Size Island Style Backlit Keyboard | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 | Display: 15.6" Full HD Anti-Glare WLED Display (1920 x 1080)
- 16GB RAM Upgrade | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty* | View warranty section below for more details.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item CUK HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Notebook (Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB, 15.6-Inch Full HD, Windows 10) Cheapest Gamer Photo Video Editing Laptop for Under $1000
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Computer Upgrade King||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Eluktronics||Silicon Valley Distributors||Computer Upgrade King|
|RAM Size||16 GB||8 GB||16 GB||16 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel®||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||2.8 GHz||2.5 GHz||2.8 GHz||2.8 GHz||2.3 GHz||2.6 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||—||1920*1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080||3840 x 2160 pixels||—|
|Screen Size||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in|
|Display Technology||LED||LED-Lit||LED-Lit||LED||LED-lit||4K UHD|
|Hard-Drive Size||1,000 GB||512 GB||—||256 GB||1 TB||1,128 GB|
|Item Dimensions||9.94 x 15.06 x 0.96 in||10 x 15.6 x 0.8 in||10.45 x 15.31 x 1.14 in||—||15.08 x 15.08 x 10.43 in||9.94 x 15.06 x 0.96 in|
|Item Weight||4.81 lbs||4.4 lbs||5.51 lbs||—||4.6 lbs||4.81 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home x64||Windows 10 (64bit)||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home 64-Bit||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home x64|
|RAM Type||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR SDRAM||—||—||Unknown||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C||—||Bluetooth||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C|
For Imagineers and Gamers
A creative powerhouse
Bring your biggest, boldest ideas to life or multi-task like a master. Featuring Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core 2.8GHz Processor up to 3.8GHz and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 discrete graphics card.
Keep going even in dimly lit rooms or aboard red-eye flights. With an optional illuminated keyboard, you can type comfortably in more environments.
Whether you're watching your favorite movie, touching up photos, editing videos, or just playing games, every detail pops on the vibrant 15.6" FHD with IPS (1920 x 1080) display.
Power through your day
With up to 9 hours of battery life, stay powered all day with charge to spare. Take on whatever life brings you with enough power left over to enjoy some well-earned free time. The HP Pavilion 15 Gaming laptop charges quickly with HP Fast Charge. It gets you up and going to 90% in 90 minutes.
Need more RAM or Hard Drive space down the line? HP has made most components accessible underneath the back panel. Keep your PC investment longer by upgrading your wireless cards or mSATA when you need it.
Top Customer Reviews
1) The Graphics Card - The Nvidia GTX Geforce 960m 4gb handles every game I throw at it easily. The Nvidia has a control panel where you can optimize each game installed for the best performance when it's plugged in and even on battery. I love how it automatically switches to the dedicated graphics when necessary and when it's not necessary it remains using the integrated Intel HD graphics. Some games I've tested are:
a) Grand Theft Auto V - Very High Settings at 60+fps
b) Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 - Max Settings at 60 fps
c) Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor - High Settings at 50-60 fps
d) Rise of the Tomb Raider (Very demanding game graphics-wise) - Medium Settings at 40 - 60 fps
e) DC Universe Online - Ultra at 145 fps (I rather leave V-Sync off with this particular game as there's barely any screen tearing)
f) Injustice Gods Among Us - Max settings at 60fps
g) Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Ultra at 60 +fps
h) Tomb Raider - Very High at 50-60fps
i) Street Fighter X Tekken - Ultra at 60+fps
j) Overwatch - Epic settings at 60fps
2) The Processor & RAM - The i7-6700HQ is FAST. It handles everything I throw at it, I never experienced any lag with this laptop. I was able to run GTA V, plus have Chrome open with 15 tabs, Adobe Reader and a word document at the same time and it handled everything with a breeze. The 16gb of RAM is a extra plus for someone who multitasks a lot such as myself. The programs that I've used and works perfect on the laptop are:
a) Adobe After Effects
b) Sony Vegas Pro
c) Oracle Virtualbox
e) Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator etc.
All work flawlessly and render times are short.
3) The SSD and the 7200rpm HDD - The 128gb SSD stores the operating system and has space for all the main programs you need. I installed all my work programs on the SSD and used the 1TB 7200rpm for the games, music and pictures. Let me tell you this SSD is ridiculously fast. The laptop boots up in less than 20 seconds and I'm able to open all my programs without lag or delay. The 7200rpm drive is also pretty fast compared to my old laptop, all the games load up really quick. I'm in love with the performance combo of the SSD and the 7200rpm HDD.
4) The cooling (Can be a con for someone living in a hot environment) - Now I've transitioned from a old HP Beats edition laptop that used to get HOT from little to no use. This laptop does NOT have that issue, I've seen a review talk about the heat and I'm wondering if we have the same laptop. The laptop does get warmer on the RIGHT side though especially when gaming. It does not bother me as I use a controller for most of my games but I can understand for someone using the keyboard how this can be a little bothersome. However it does not get hot to the point where it burns you, it's just really warm which can be solved with a cooling pad and keeping the laptop ventilated (A good desk, AC room etc.). When not doing anything much on the laptop, it does not heat up.
5) The Keyboard - The keyboard is spaced really well compared to my other laptop. There's little to no keyboard flex and the backlit keys are an added plus. I do wish there was a multiple brightness option but the brightness is very efficient. I love how each key lights up and not just around the keys as my other laptop had.
6) The Audio (also a con) - The audio is LOUD. I updated the audio driver from the HP website and configured the Bang and Oulfson settings and it's loud enough to fill a medium sized room. HOWEVER, it lacks bass which is a downside for me. It does not have a sub-woofer as my other laptop did. Therefore, the audio is loud and the dialog is clear, but it lacks that bass and treble.
7) The Display and the Touchscreen - The 1080p HD screen is gorgeous, I'm accustomed to 1366x768 that my other laptop had so to transition to this screen was a very enlightening experience. The colors are really great and it has a nice rich display. The touchscreen is really accurate, no lag or delay when I'm using it and it has a nice soft touch. Hp has done a great job on this laptop as well as CUK.
8) Lightweight for a gaming laptop - Compared to my friends Alienware and my other friends Asus ROG laptop, this is much lighter and has the SAME performance as their own.
1) The webcam is poor.
2) Trackpad is okay, I've used better.
3) Laptop is missing that sub-woofer so the audio doesn't have that rich sound to it despite it being loud.
4) The screen gets dirty quick especially when using that touchscreen often.
Overall I'm really satisfied with this laptop and it's easily one of the best I've ever had. Would definitely recommend for those who wants a work/school laptop that has the capability to run all your games and programs at a high performance.
So I went from a 14inch to a 15.6inch and so many upgrades, especially graphics. I will say I miss Windows 7 Pro, the SuperMulti DVD Drive, and the removable battery on my older laptop, but this laptop is so sweet with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M. I'm a college student who dabbles in digital art and gaming, so the upgrades were a must to run things like Paint Tool Sai, PS6, and many of my Steam games.
There are a few things you might encounter that may be pretty negligible;
1. If the speakers are popping or hissing/headphones give weird static noises and it bothers you, you need to do the following;
a. Type "Device Manager" with no quotations in the start menu and open it.
b. Scroll down and double click Sound, video and game controllers.
c. Right click the Realtek Audio Driver (should be Realtek High Definition Audio or something of the sort) and DISABLE* it. Ignore the warnings and just click yes.
d. Now find it again on your list and right click it. Click Update Driver Software this time.
e. When the window pops up and gives you two options, click Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
f. Click Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer.
g. Click High Definition Audio Device, not the Realtek ones and ignore the warnings.
h. Restart your laptop when prompted and you're good. Voila.
*This WILL DISABLE YOUR MUTE LIGHT AND B&O. Do not do this if you're okay with the static and need the orange mute light. I always felt nauseous hearing the random pops and buzzes so I had to disable Realtek.
2. If you see screen flickering there could be many causes.
a. Intel HD Graphics 530 is conflicting with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M. Fix this by Opening Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>Set Preferred Graphics Processor to High-Performance Nvidia Processor in the drop-down menu.
b. Bad charger, fairly rare but could be the cause. Don't assume it's this until last.
c. If it's more of a gradient, it's the computer's way of going into powersaver mode and going from light to dark. This isn't a problem.
3. The 250GB SSD fills up pretty fast. Make sure you reroute all your folders (Pictures, Documents, lesser important Programs etc.) to the HDD unless you don't care and need the SSD's speed. You can do this by Right clicking any folder>Click Locations tab>Click Move and then browsing where you'd like to relocate the folder.
4. Gaps in keyboard keys are fairly big so I'd guess it'd be good to invest in a TPU/Silicone keyboard cover. If it helps, this is a 15t-bc000 model and I got this cover for it; CaseBuy Clear Keyboard Skin. It ended up being a little floppy but it'll keep the crumbs out for now. The Leze Keyboard Cover Skin is another one I looked at.
At the time of purchase, this laptop was 969.99$ and it was September 9th, 2016 when I purchased it. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to help. Also I'll edit this review if anything else happens with the laptop.
The static noise problem is gone after reinstalling the sound driver. Best laptop ever.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Do I have a computer? Is it awesome!!Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.