Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 27, 2016
For the price the charger is fine. It does its job and charges the laptop in about the same amount of time as any other.

When I get another I will probably look for one that is a bit longer. If you don't like to plug in while lounging on the sofa it is fine. The cord from the charger to wall outlet could be replaced to make it longer, or if you have one already.

I would recommend it for college students or anyone for that matter that needs to save a dollar. My pc is an Hp Pavillion but the original charger plugged into the laptop tighter however this one falls out fairly easy, if you move the laptop around much.
on September 16, 2013
I got two of these for my kids computers, bare HP dv4 models.It seems they were shipped quickly but by the time time I was able to test them it was too late to return. They were lost in my building mailroom for several weeks.Anyhow,these AC adapters worked enough to keep the computers running, but they will not charge the batteries for more than a minute. I tried leaving it plugged in with the laptop turned off but even then it would not charge. I tried both chargers on my dv6 and it booted and the battery icon showed it was plugged in but not charging-then my laptop abruptly shut off. It did this for both adapters. When I plugged in my original charger everything was running normally again. All three computers work well on my adapter but none work with these new ones. It appears the voltage output is slightly lower than required so I would not recommend them. I just threw money away once again by falling for a low price. Lesson learned- If the price is too low there is likely a good reason for it.Problem is, I'm disabled, so my income is much less than it once was and I can no longer afford to pay retail prices, but also cannot afford to keep losing money on junk items.
on March 27, 2014
This power supply/charger handles the computer very well--the cords all fit properly and are well-made. But the radio emissions from it are much stronger than they should be. This may be another one of those products that are tested and approved for importation and then cost-reduced in manufacturing by removing the EMI filters. The high end of the AM radio band is completely blanketed in our house. FM is not affected as badly, but weaker stations are more difficult to hear. As always, TANSTAAFL! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)
on October 27, 2015
This charger didn't even last 2 full months. Whenever it was charging my laptop (hp Dv6), it would run at such a hot temperature that if you touched the box, it would burn your skin. A week ago, it was charging my computer and just fried itself. It is totally dead. I took really good care of the charger, and it wasn't even used for more than an hour a day. The short length of the cord was also annoying--you had to sit directly next to an outlet to reach the laptop. Spend the extra $10 for a charger that will last you longer than 7 weeks (I would recommend a 90W charger from a more legitimate company with a better reputation and better customer service).
on October 24, 2016
Works for my hp pavillion dv5, probably dangerously though. Every time I plug it in, my wall outlet sparks, and not a little spark, a big spark. The charger gets extremely hot while actively charging. Pretty sure it'll eventually cause a fire and needs to be replaced.
on February 26, 2015
I bought this cord a few weeks ago as a replacement for another cord, I did loads of research and found that this was the recommended cord for my laptop. I had been using it to charge my laptop but not longer than that. It would get really really hot, so hot that I couldn't even touch it. This is why I only plugged it in for the amount of time it would need to charge. Just a little while a go I was charging my computer and I heard a very loud POP. I looked at my cord and it had stopped working, was so hot I couldn't hold it and it smelled like something was burning. I quickly unplugged my computer, but now I am without a computer cord. My entire life is on this thing and now I have to wait for another cord.
on September 10, 2013
1) when iorder this I paid for overnight , got confirmation of delivery (big lie), called got credit and asked that A1Courier not deliver again due to similar experiences in past. A1 shows up with this generic JUNK which crased my computer when I plugged it in. THIS has been fiasco after fiasco to disaster. WARNING PHOTO IS FALSE. THERE IS NO SPARE THAT FITS HP, AND THIS GENERIC CRASHED MY COMPUTER... no hard drive now.
on September 15, 2016
If I could leave 0 Stars I would this was a horrible product when I ordered it I expected it to fit my HP Pavilion laptop which is what I was expecting to get this cord and charger does not fit my computer it is not what I expected at all and I'm not happy with my purchase The seller description was very misleading. It does not fit HP Pavilion computers I would not recommend this.
on November 11, 2014
Ive had this charger for around 8 days. At first it worked, no problems there. But when i tried using it again today, for some reason it stopped working. Im not sure if it overheated, or just stopped working. The green light on the charger is not lighting up and im sure its not the outlet because i tried my phone charger and that works.
on May 17, 2016
This fit my HP Pavilion dv4 just fine but only sporadically gave it a charge. I was ready to dump my computer for a second time, but the Geek Squad saved me when they suggested I try a more expensive cord that Best Buy carries. I am glad this power cord was not a big expenditure because I was unable to return it as the 30 day window had passed by the time we figured out that it was the power cord that did not work, not my laptop.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.