Pay Day Board Game (Editions may vary)
|Price:||$11.01 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Game board, 4 mover tokens, 1 red die
- 64 deal & mail cards, savings & loan pad, money, rules
- Fundamentals of budgeting
- Fosters an entrepreneurial spirit
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) No savings option -- this is really disturbing, actually. You aren't given any incentive for saving your money anymore. There used to be a 10% interest payment on whatever you had in savings at the end of the month. For my money-conscious 8 year old, that was a GREAT lesson. Yes, they do still charge 10% interest on loans, but he has learned already not to borrow unless he has absolutely no other choice...
2) No insurance cards. The '70s version of the game had insurance cards that you could buy to protect yourself from automobile or medical bills. This was also a GREAT lesson that my son picked up on early. A shame this is no longer possible.
3) I wish there weren't quite so many "windfall" type opportunities -- too many lottery spaces, gambling options, etc. Too few regular bills and real life events. Nothing at all about work -- would have been nice to have some "you got a promotion" spaces that give you a salary raise (though I admit this is really hard to track in the Game of Life), etc.
In general, though, I agree that this is a fun game that even young kids seem to like (my 4YO is asking me to play it several times a day!), and a good way for kids to start learning about everyday money management.
We found the "original" version on ebay (used) and it has 6 pawns and "mad money" cards - my daughter enjoys the original version over this one. But these minor changes might not be important to you - it's personal preference. The overall goal of the game and how it is played is not different between the two version we own.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game to play with your grandchildren. Very easy rules and fun around every day on the calendarPublished 21 days ago by D. Frisch
There is a lot of math with this game, but I'm a finance major so i love it.Published 2 months ago by Stephen skinner
Just play the game & enjoy it, & never mind the unimportant money lessons!Published 2 months ago by bratzlady
Best game around! My kids love it and play it all of the time.Published 2 months ago by Allan K. Pauole