Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 565 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 918 reviews
on November 27, 2013
I originally bought this as a VHS tape but wanted to upgrade to DVD since VHS tapes have long declined. I had bought 2 copies of this DVD. One for my home library, and one for a gift for one my my friends at my work. And I am about to buy two more copies to give to the school my mom used to teach at. I just bought one to give to my mom's best friend as a Birthday / Christmas gift because she has never seen it before and I am sure she will really enjoy it. This is a great movie for the entire family. But be careful beacuse there are some scenes that might not be appropriate for young children. Also be sure to have a box of Kleenex because the ending is really sad. Peter Smith
on February 25, 2015
This movie has a great reputation and certainly I endorse 'paying it forward' as a life approach. However the meaning of the movie is fully realized, the story completed, and then a senseless tragedy is tacked on the end. It doesn't hold its own as a part of a coherent plot. It would be like ending "The Sound of Music" by having the youngest Von Trapp run over by a drunken motorist. Stupid and dilutes the point of the movie.
on November 14, 2015
I have watched this movie so many times over the years. And it still gets me. It has a wonderful cast Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey, Jay Mohr and Haley Joel Osment. Trevor McKinney played by Osment is a young boy who is given an assignment by his teacher Mr. Simonet played by Spacey. The assignment is something you can do to make the world a better a place. And Trevor comes up with the idea of Paying It Forward which at first didn't seem like it worked but it did and it took on a life of it's with a host of characters paying it forward in their own way.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2017
I got this to view it before International Pay It Forward Day April 28. I had seen it before but didn't really remember it. The movie is definitely inspirational. It makes you believe that one person can make an impact on the lives of others and even the whole world. It's a good message. It's a hopeful message.
on April 15, 2014
This movie has such emotional performances from the three main actors (Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey, and Haley Joel Osment), and the messages in this film are powerful ... helping others without expecting anything in return ... helping others in ways that will help change their lives for the better forever ... forgiveness ... and so on. This movie got to me on many occasions, but the end really affected me the most. The song that plays at the end ("Calling All Angels" performed by Jane Siberry) is beautiful along with being sad and haunting. I have to say that I believe this is one of the best films I have ever seen. I believe that this is a movie everyone needs to watch. The world would be a much better place if everyone (or at least most people) practiced the principle of paying it forward.
on July 27, 2011
WOW! This is an incredible little film. Thanks to a class assignment in Social Studies, an 11 year old boy, Trevor (Haley Joel Osment) devises a plan he feels might effectively change the world around him. In spite of his own self-perceived failures, he inadvertently starts a movement that begins sweeping across the nation, changing lives one at a time.
This movie has many unexpected twists and turns as the life story of many people begin to unravel in explanation of the secrets each pocesses. Incredible performance by a bright young actor in a very well written story. Assisted by co-stars Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt, both of whom portray their characters in their usual professional manner, the story comes to life in a way that is certain to touch the heart of every viewer. A very thought provoking movie which this reviewer finds quite refreshing and unique. There are a few things I would like to have seen a bit different, such as perhaps a little less use of profanity, but for the most part I give this movie a big two thumbs up. Sometimes I think we forget that not everyone's life is the life of a status-quo normal person in search of the great American dream. This film, unlike others does not glamourize drugs, alcoholism, crime and violence. It merely exposes it in a manner that reminds the viewer that such a way of life exists in today's world for a lot of people who have found themselves in situations that went a little further over the edge than they intended to go, and need a helping hand to turn things around. I highly recommend this movie for your viewing enjoyment and dare you not to be touched by it's impact.
on March 19, 2017
This is one of the best, uplifting movies I have ever seen. As a fan of (basically) movies that have a body count, I like the rare "makes me feel good" movie. This one (along with "Heart and Souls" with Robert Downey Jr.) does the trick.
on March 10, 2017
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE STILL MAKES ME TEAR UP
on February 3, 2017
A wonderful story...if only it actually happened the world would be a better place.
on November 1, 2014
Classic. I've seen this film a few times, and this time I watched it with my 9 year old son. I was at work and heard someone at the next table (who had watched it the previous evening), telling her coworkers about it. She was going to tell them the ending and I HAD to interject and stop her lol. I stated that she had to tell them to watch it, no spoilers!

My son loved it as much as I do. It is a testament to the power of this film that it has a timeless message. And I was glad that my son cried at the end (if he didn't, I would be worried about his sensitivity as a person!).