Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 573 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 647 reviews
on September 4, 2010
Of all the things I have purchased at Amazon lately, this has been the most useful.
In the past two weeks I have used it to removed links and re-size ten watch bracelets in my collection, and each went without a hitch.

When using this you must remember a few things.

Check the back of the links. There will be an arrow engraved in the back of the link
showing in which direction you should push out the link pin. The arrow should point away from
the turning knob when pushing out the pin.

Work on a large, soft, white cloth. Such as an old T-shirt or terry cloth towel. If you
drop the link pin it won't bounce away and will be easy to find.

Make sure area is well lit.

Unless you have exceptional eyesight, invest in a cheap jeweler's loupe or if you wear glasses
an Optivisor so you can make sure your pushing directly against the link pin and not the side
of the link as you can easily break the push pin and mar the side of the bracelet link.

If there are no arrows on the back of the link, then most likely the pins are of the screw
in type, and must be removed with a jeweler's screw driver.

Take your time and align the push pin directly with the hole in the link.

Use slow steady pressure when turning the knob.

The small sprung platform in front of the pusher pin is for adjusting the height of the link's
pusher pin with the hole in the link.

With a little practice you will be able to re-size any of you watch bracelets in minutes, and save a trip to the local jewelers and money to boot.

Paul
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 14, 2013
I read many other reviews yet I still thought by paying more money than for other similar watch band sizing products I would receive a quality product. Boy was I ever wrong! This product is a piece of imported garbage. The pins are too narrow and there is no different size pins contained in the plastic bag with 3 extra pins, which will be needed as they break very easily. The manufacturer may want kudos that they have a spring in the base to assist in lining up the hole with the pin, however, working on my new Invicta watch band right from the start I realized if I continue the band would be damaged. The pin would wobble and the mechanism would not push the pin far enough out. I realized my mistake in purchasing this product and I immediately contacted Amazon.com customer service and had them schedule a UPS pickup. I just returned from my local jewelry store where in minutes my experienced jeweler using a custom made pin extractor with the correct size pin to match my watch band, which he proudly showed me, tapped out the pins in seconds without damage. I was on my way for a mere $15.00 charge. That is exactly what I should have done in the first place. I hope after you watch internet videos of guys banging their watch bands with a hammer that you too make the correct decision and visit your local jeweler who does this all day long everyday. You can ignore my advice after a lot of frustration a possible damaged watch or watch band they may call you a......
on October 10, 2015
Four stars only because it's pretty flimsy, and I wish the pins were just a bit longer. If you worked in a watch repair shop it wouldn't last long.
But for me - I bought this to re-size the band on a new watch without the hassle of dealing with a jeweler.
It worked just fine to remove the pins on my Movado watch band, as long as you work very carefully and pay attention to what you're doing. The push pins aren't super long, so I did still have to pull the watch band pins out with a pair of pliers, but without this tool I had no chance of getting them started.
I may never use it again, but like knowing that if I want to re-size again in the future I can do it.
on October 11, 2016
This is a simple tool that is designed just right. I have had no issue adjusting links with a variety of watches and have done so for some friends on occasion. I can't stand the idea of using a punch and a hammer on some of my nicer watches, this is a much more controlled and precise tool that performs perfectly. I still am using the first pin after a ton of uses.
on June 18, 2013
The pins that come with this thing break VERY easily. Even when carefully lining up and taking my time, I snapped 3 of the 4 within 10 minutes of the UPS man ringing my doorbell. It didn't seem worth the time and effort to install the 4th pin into the machine, so it all went into the trash. I guess I'll stick to my old mallet to size my watch bands. Do yourself a favor, and do ANYTHING else with your $14. Give it to the next homeless person you see, or pick up your dog's poop in the yard with it; it will be just as useful to you as this trash.
on November 5, 2013
After recently buying my first expensive watch, I didn't want to skimp out on a cheap watch band adjuster tool. Of course, one can easily bring it to a watch shop/jeweler shop to get the band adjusted, which can set you back at least $5-$10. But with time that I do not have and with piqued interest in adjusting my brand new watch, I decided to buy a DIY kit.

PROS:
-Relatively easy to use
-Simple learning curve
-Comes with 3 extra pins in addition to the one included with the machine
-Works as advertised
-Saves money down the road for future watchband adjustments

CONS:
-The spring loaded base is somewhat stiff and not very springy, but still very sturdy
-Plastic device, should be metal

QUICK TUTORIAL FOR FIRST TIME USERS:
1. Make sure to properly align the pin to the pinhole on your watchband before gently turning the knob clockwise. (NOTE: there are usually marked unidirectional arrows on the inside of your watchband that indicates the direction the pin should be coming out towards.)
2. You should hear a small click followed by minimal to no resistance as you turn the knob to push the pin out. The pin should come out of the other side of the watchband with the use of fingers, but you can also use a pair of small pliers if it doesn't budge.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have removed the necessary number of links from your watchband.
4. As you connect your watchband back together, make sure that the pin is placed back into the link in a certain way - the first part of the pin that comes out should be the last to go back into the link. (The first part of the pin is usually thicker than its opposite part)
5. Lastly, place the watchband onto the Paylak device with the pin head sticking out facing towards the knob and turn said knob clockwise until the pin is secured inside the link and you're done.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to adjust their own watchband. It's simple, fast, and easy to do in as little as ten minutes!!
on January 22, 2008
This is an average of 4 stars for WatchMaterial and no stars for Amazon.

I bought the tool along with the Casio MTG900DA-8V Watch because the Amazon product page said it was "better together". It is useless on that watch's band.

It is a quality tool. It was shipped promptly at a reasonable cost. When I complained that the tool would not work with the watchband, WatchMaterial made a prompt refund with no hassle. I would not hestitate to deal with them again. I would have given them 5 stars if the copy for the tool warned that there are a lot of watch bands that are not compatible with this tool.

I would not trust Amazon's pairings.

If you are considering this tool (or others), go to WatchMaterial dot com and look at their Education section on sizing watch bands. If you are not sure that the tool will work with your band, give them a call first.
on November 24, 2013
So I bought a nice titanium watch and wanted to adjust the bracelet: little pins and hammering were too risky after the first attempt, I didn't want to scratch the finish or damage the watch movement by all those shocks. And I couldn't decide on how many links to remove.
I considered driving to the mall and endure the wait and attitude of the little kiosk owner but decided order a pin remover. After a lot of research and after reading comments from users, I decided on this little Paylak.
Amazon Prime means I got it in 2 days, well worth the wait vs. 2 hour trip ti the mall.
It looks solidly made and the mechanism is smooth without play. Positioning the band was crucial to match up the Paylak pin to the hole in the bracelet, but they sent 3 replacement pins, so no worries.
The operation worked smoothly, no shock to the watch, the pin was pushed out a long ways and easy to pull out the rest of the way by hand. And I could remove links and replace them as many times as I wanted until I was comfortable (it took two days of wearing different bracelet lengths to get it perfect.)
I'm very happy with this gizmo and feel like I can help out all my family and friends safely and conveniently, not to mention saving $8, time and gas.
on August 26, 2014
Cut rating back to 3 stars and could have put 2. Turns out the pin breaks off quite easily, which is the main problem with these things. The best method is the old and proven one: a slotted box with holes in it to hold various size straps and then pins of various sizes and a jeweler's hammer. That's the only method I use by now.

This one, which is my third attempt, seems to work better than previous, now-busted ones. The construction is a little tighter here. It might be that these things only last so long, but at least you'll also get extra pins with this one, as the pins tend to bend and then break. The spring-board on this seems fairly sturdy, which also helps a lot. The driver is also metal, which also helps a lot. In my others they were plastic. My only concern is that this, and all others I've run across, will not take an extra wide bracelet, at which point you have to resort to the old way--use of a jeweler's hammer, a separate pin and a watch-band holder with holes in it. Trouble with that method, however, is that the bracelet holder isn't usually wide enough to take the width of an extra wide bracelet.

It's hard to find one thing to do the job on all watch bracelets. Sometimes it's just easier to buy a watch with a leather or rubber strap complete with buckle.
on December 23, 2013
I bought this after reading the reviews of a few different devices and several for this one after I decided this seemed to be what I wanted and would do a good job. I was a bit apprehensive at first when I started screwing the pin into the band and met resistance, but after making sure it was straight I proceeded turning the dial and just a few turns of reisistance it lessened and I continued to turn until the pin was up against the band. Then I had to pull the watch pin out with my fingers. I had no idea the watch pin was actually split at the outbound end, I guess to provide resistance as it sits in its side of the band.
The hardest part was putting the band pin back in and on the first try the links were not lined up and the end did not seat. So after a bit of struggling I was able to use the tool to push it back and then I held the links as still as possible and close together so the pin would slide in. I turned th knob several times and the resistance ceased and the pin was set.
I think the springloaded section the band lies on is good and bad. You have to apply a bit of stiff and steady pressure on the band to make it stay at the correct depth when pushing down to align the hole in the band with the tool pin. I found using my thumb pushing down on the band wih the tool knob end almost perpendicular to my chest and and my fingers applying pressure to the band and tool bed to keep it steady as I turned the knob.
This tool worked fine once I got the hang of it and had the other pins out a lot quicker. Figuring out how best to use the tool to reinsert the band pins took a bit of inspection of holding the tool and watch band to figure the best way to align everything to put the band back together. Putting the second link back together with the band all in one piece was the hardest thing to do since I was unsure of the best way to do it. But I kept at it and the tool helped do it. Just make sure the last pin seats inside the link far enough so compare it to other links that are already in.
All in all this tool was a great deal for the money. I somehow send a pin flying somewhere when I slipped holding everything and hopefully I can find it btu will probably not need it.
I think I would give this tool 5 stars if there was some way to hold the springloaded piece at a set depth when aliging the tool with the link pin. I give it 4.5 stars and recommend it.