Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 4, 2007
Product works well for its intended use. However, I must say you can use a SMALL paperclip tip, held by a small pair of pliers, and accomplish the same thing FOR FREE. Just make sure you press DOWN in direction of arrows (pointing DOWN) Have watch resting on soft cloth or velvet if you have it, expect to exert some significant pressure, and when pin "gives" gently wiggle the links apart. Works for every watch I have ever owned.
2222 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2014
Cheap tool, negligently assembled and unfinished. Screw designed to keep the push pin in place barely had a slot cut in it. The floating, spring-loaded platform designed to help you line up the link with the pin doesn't glide up and down properly and has too strong of a spring attached to it, making it hard to get perfect alignment. Broke one pin in the first 5 minutes but thankfully the tool comes with 3 more spares. There's a reason for that. My copy also didn't provide parallel pin alignment, they all look about 3 degrees tilted up. I'm suspecting that's why the first one broke, since it's being forced to flex as it pushes. For the price, can't expect much. If you manage to adjust 3 watches before running out of pins, you've saved yourself about $40
on December 23, 2017
It does work as long as the watch band has relitivly flat sides. My wife's watch has rounded links and it did not work on it. I actually broke one of the pusher pins.
on October 25, 2011
I've had a few watches with metal bands over the year for which links must be removed for them to fit. One time, I took a watch to a jeweler and he managed to scratch up the bracelet part significantly. For other watches, I had some success going to different jewelers but I believe it cost me up to $20 for the job in NYC. Also, I had to leave the watch there and if I decided it was too tight a few days later....well, what would I do? I also McGuyver'd a few adjustments of my own over the years but each was an extremely difficult task.

In any event, I bought a nice new watch to replace one I had sold and decided to get this tool so I could do the job myself. WOW! It makes ALL the difference having the right tool for the job. It's pretty straight forward to use and I probably took out 4 links or so in 5-10 minutes. Glad I have this handy little tool for any future watches. Well worth the relatively small investment! Get one!
on March 3, 2017
Wow, the best, a perfect solution
on December 4, 2017
Very unhappy with the quality of this item... on first attempt to use (after watching the instructional video at the URL provided on the packaging) the pin bent and snapped - very poor quality. Will be returning for a full refund. Very disappointed.
review image
VINE VOICEon July 9, 2006
I have lots of watches and I have been on a diet. That means when my weight changes, I need to resize my watchs with metal bands. Before, I would have to go to the watch store and wait for him to size it for me. Now, I just use the tool. A cheap way to simplify my life.
on January 28, 2010
I always read the 1 star reviews to get an idea of what people are complaining about. After reading the 1 star reviews on this product I had no problem ordering it, and now that I have used it I know I made the right choice. This is one of the the EASIEST and most useful tools I've ever used. If you can't use this tool without breaking it you probably shouldn't be doing any kind of DYI repair. It's that easy to use. One review says it only fits small width bands like ladies watches. Not true. Out of the box my bit was already screwed in a few turns. I had to retract the bit... a bit. My men's Victorinox Swiss Army watch fit with plenty to spare.

The spring loaded platform is a great idea. I can't imagine using a similar tool without the spring loaded platform since bands are not all the same thickness. Simply place the watch band against the edge of the tool with the arrow on the bottom of the band point out, press on the platform until it's at the correct height and align the pin hole with the pin remover. Slowly turn the screw until you meet resistance. At that point move the band slightly to "find" where the pin is located. Once you know you have the right spot continue turning the screw and the pin will pop right out the other end. You don't have to push it all the way through. All you need is a bit of the pin sticking out the other end to pull it out all the way either with your fingernail or small needle nose pliers or tweezers. To put the pin back in, enter the hole from the same side that it came out and with the pin in the same direction that it was removed. I had to remove four links and each one was that simple. It took maybe 15 - 20 minutes to do the job.

I've used it once and it's already paid for itself. I usually don't give 5 stars unless there was a problem and the company goes out of its way to fix it. From a price/performance/value perspective this tool is a 5.
on March 12, 2011
I am obviously not cut out to be a watch repair man... I broke this product in less than 2 minutes of use. I then took the watch to a local jeweler and they removed links from my watch for free...
on February 23, 2006
A good tool, for very little money, that makes work faster and easier.