Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 26, 2016
With disarmingly simple language the practices and concepts of his Buddhist training are explained in a way that is both simple and deep. Many of the folks who practice in this tradition (Plum Village tradition of Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh) read this book as a first introduction to his teaching. Highly recommended if you are interested in a practical introduction to Buddhism.
on April 4, 2015
This is a truly beautiful book. Thich Nhat Hanh's writing style is so amazingly clear and direct. This makes it easier to step right into the ideas he is presenting. There is no complex or heavy theory. Instead, he offers a light and easy way of addressing some of life's tricky spots and difficult experiences / feelings.

What I like best about his approach is that he offers real world examples of how to get a hold of the craziness life often throws at us. He helps us along our life's journey towards a more mindful way of living. A more peaceful mind. Just reading this book cover to cover one time will probably bring greater peace to just about anyone's life!
on August 6, 2014
Great book. My therapists recommend this book to me. Bought this book about a week ago, it's very short but I find myself re-reading lots of the pages over because it has so many little useful bits of knowledge. It's not a book that will make claims to change your life, but what it does offer is little steps and reminders that can help you be thankful for life. I've had diagnosed personality disorder throughout my life and through therapy and books like this it really helps you put things in perspective. Trust me I'm not one of those self help book pushers. I think a lot of those people are garbage just taking advantage of gullible people; or maybe I'm wrong and they do work.? Whatever the case may be, great author who has devoted his life to helping others.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 21, 2014
I first borrowed this book from my local library and fell so much in love with it that I had to buy my own copy. I read excerpts from it everyday, and it has helped me profoundly. I feel calmer and happier in my daily routine. Yes, the advice to Breathe Deeply and Be Mindful has been proffered by countless other authors before. And I've tried and failed because it's hard to remember these things in the business of everyday life. And it's boring to breathe deeply. :) This book shows you how to incorporate these practices into daily life and make them habits that you don't even have to think about. It is filled with imagery that helps you visualize what you're feeling, and then deal with those feelings in a non-aggressive way. This would make great reading for teenagers in school to help them regulate their emotions.
Peace is all around us when we know where to look...
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2014
There's probably not much more to say about Vietnamese Buddhist monk "Boddhisatva" Thich Nhat Hanh than has already been written. I first encountered him in "The Raft Is Not The Shore". an enlightening dialogue between Hanh and Jesuit priest/poet/ activist, Father Daniel Berrigan. Perhaps no one (even the Dalai Lama) has illustrated so beautifully what it means to be *present* for those in daily life; to celebrate the here and now, as what it really is: all we have. His emphasis on "Conscious Breathing" or mindfulness is what comprises the true substance of the book. How many of us wander through life quietly agitated, caught in the frenetic hustle and bustle, never aware of how we breathe (and by extension, how we actually feel) ?

Hanh's insistence that we do so, and thereby "return to ourselves" is the real value of his work, particularly for those of us prone to angst, or it's less sexy name, anxiety, his work can improve our lives.

Recommended to those of any spirituality.
on July 1, 2017
Learn what's in this book and follow the guidelines laid out and refer to it often and you will be happy and stress free for the rest of your life!
on April 11, 2017
This classic book is so helpful for those of us whose meditating does not come easily.
on June 26, 2014
This book is a gift, whether you received it from someone else or purchased it for yourself. It is a gift, period. If you like to savor ideas and decide whether or not to adopt them for your own use, reading this book will give you plenty of possibilities. It changed my perspective on a lot of things, providing me with insight into my own life experiences. I have a greater appreciation of the difference between life's hustle-bustle (endless thinking, nearly constant rushing, ever-present worry and never-ending stress) and the peace to be found in mindful living.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
This is a keep forever book. You can pick it up anytime anywhere any place and it's relevant to what you need to hear. I think Thich Nhat Hanh and Jesus would have been good friends.