Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on April 26, 2017
I have bought this book 3 or 4 times because I give it away to new BBQers all the time.....but I love it so much that I buy it for myself again. I own 30+ BBQ books but I still pick this one as the go-to for perfectly done things or for people new to the hobby. There are books with more pictures and more out there recipes. But for me, this book is distilled perfection.
on November 30, 2013
I bought this book (on Amazon) in 2007 when I was just really getting started smoking meat. Since then, it has become my "go-to" book for anything barbecue/smoke related. I really don't know how many times I have read it cover to cover. There is so much helpful information that I find myself coming back to, not to mention some great recipes and frankly, just plain good stories!
I don't know whether this is the "real" magic dust formula, but then again, I don't really care either- the point of the book is to give you enough information to get you fired up (no pun intended) so that you start experimenting with your own rub, and it did the trick for me. I love to cook, I love to smoke meat, I love to sit around with friends and tell stories, and I love to read. This book gives me what I need to do all of that. I have never been to any of Mike Mills' restaurants but I can tell you that if I ever get the chance, I will.
Whether you are a newbie to the smoke world, or an old hand, this book is highly recommended.
on April 17, 2014
I have a twitter account where I follow a few bbq guys, and someone mentioned Mike Mills. So I did a little investigating and found out his restaurants are in my homestate of Illinois. Took the 4 hour drive, because I just have a passion for bbq. Anyways, Amy Mills responded to one of my tweets, (daughter of Mike Mills) and I thought why not buy the book. Turns out Mike Mills is a bbq champion, and him and Amy wrote a book. I wont give too much away, but it is about his travels to different bbq joints around the U.S., talking to the pitmasters all over, and hearing of their tall tales. It also gives you many recipes from the different places, which allows you to try all kinds of different things. If you like bbq, slow cooking, cooking with wood especially , then get this book.
on March 7, 2010
The first rule of BBQ Club? Don't talk about BBQ Club. I've been doing BBQ for about three years now, perfecting my own sauces, rubs and techniques. What I found in Peace Love and Barbecue is an atypical book that is more helpful than not. It is fun to read, very folksy and has lots of pictures. Its recipes are not uniformly good, neither are they all bad. This book, unlike other books I have read on the subject, winks at the reader a lot. It lets you know that no good BBQ master truly lets go all his secrets, even while purporting to be doing just that. It covers all types of BBQ, has a lot of good history in it and I would say it provides at the very least, a very solid starting point for anyone who is looking for a foundation to build on. It reads like it is more honest than other books on the subject, but when I compare my own personal experience with what is found in the book, I find some of the information to be very mainstream - and not quite correct, almost as if Mike is happy to leave you with conventional wisdom on the subject rather than really get down into the nitty gritty of what made him such a winner. Still, all-in-all, it's a marvelous book, my favorite BBQ book so far, and I highly recommend it.
on September 4, 2017
17th street BBQ in murphysboro is the real deal! Mike mills and his daughter Amy have written a great book that's fun to read and also has some award winning recipes!

Their hospitality is even better, if you get a chance to visit them at their 17th Street BBQ in Murphysboro, IL. Best BBQ I've ever had.
on July 23, 2017
Excellent book and fun read.
on January 4, 2012
My husband is a griller. He doesn't need a recipe book - he cooks what he feels like based on what we have around. He loves coffee table books though - things that other people pick up and flip through because they're kind of cool to look at. He also likes to talk to people about grilling - and grill with his friends to pick up tips and tricks. This book is one part coffee table book and the rest tips and tricks. This was a big hit with him because its so packed with interesting facts, tips, techniques, and a few recipes dabbled throughout. This is not your ordinary recipe book - its more like the history of BBQ from one man's family. We love it! Just wish the weather was warmer around here right now to spend more time at the grill.

PS: This isn't a book for gas grillers. ;)
on August 2, 2017
Awesome book
on February 25, 2017
I have only started to read this Cook Book by Mike Mills and his Daughter! I bought it based on a Recommendation of a Fellow Pit Club Member
on AmazingRibs.Com! So far it reads Like a Combination of BBQ History and a Cook Book! Well Written!
on August 9, 2012
I loved this book so much when I first started smoking meats that I also gave it to my brother when he got his first smoker. The "Magic Dust" is just that: magic! I have never had a complaint about anything smoked with magic dust. My husband love my ribs and refers to them as, "MO's world-famous ribs!". Once you start doing real smoked meats, anything else just doesn't live up to the standard! This book will definately help get even the novice going in the right direction. I recommend it all the time!