Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 543 reviews
on March 25, 2017
This movie changed my outlook on life. I look at the world differently now and I always will. This is one of the most inspiring movies that I have ever seen and I just wish that everyone had the opportunity to watch it and discover what I have found
on February 9, 2015
I decided to give this movie a try because it had excellent reviews and sounded like a good message. I'll concede that it is a good movie, but it's not quite "a movie that changes lives," as it claims to be. Telling the story of Dan Millman -- a gymnast who struggles to carry on after a devastating injury and meets up with new mentors/friends Socrates and Joy, who teach him to cope -- the message of perseverance in this film is a good one. Much of the dialogue feels somewhat forced and unrealistic, however,and the prevailing message from Socrates and Joy is hardly revolutionary -- it's taught by coaches and athletic trainers all around the world: focus on what you are doing in this moment and not the implications of the past or future. Additionally, Socrates and Joy are implied to have some sort of mystic or supernatural abilities, which are never really explained and which never particularly figure into the plot of the story. The movie is good overall -- I especially like the powerful confrontational vision scene where Dan climbs the university clock tower at night. But I also found this movie a little more confusing than life-changing.
on June 12, 2014
This one makes you think, ponder, wonder, "what if" about life, the universe and everything. And it's a heck of a good story too! I bought this one twice: after lending it out to a friend and not getting it back, I had to get another copy.

It's wonderful for stretching your spiritual senses and for stretching your imagination. Think Karate Kid but on a "higher" more refined level!
on July 5, 2017
it is tough watching this when you know that he is going to recover. nick nolte's character is priceless. as an injured person I do not like hearing that I will succeed if I just "try a little harder"
on December 19, 2016
It was a very interesting movie. Not quite the same as the book but it didn't detract from the book that i could see. Very well made and acted.
on July 1, 2016
It's good how it shows that we can learn a lot from our dreams, and how it shows how we can even learn about the future with dream premonitions, and how by being in the moment / in the zone (like athletes often describe it) we can find peace and detachment from situation, but that's really about it. In a sense, it's a good little starter to bring about an interest in what lays behind every day life and how there is so much more to life than what we think. A bit like "Flatliners" with Julia Roberts.
on December 7, 2013
Remember when you were in high school and you used Cliff notes to write your essay? The movie is the cliff notes, the book is the book. I think the movie was great, very much the same and yet vastly different from the book. I think it was an entice. Did you find the message spoke to you? Want to find out more? Read the book. I wasn't disappointed in the movie. It just doesn't, can't touch the writing in the story of the book. It's 2.99 to rent...If the message touches you. Buy the book. I'm a deep girl and out of body experiences are my thing. The book is deeper and quite frankly, I don't think if he was making it up, he coulda done better, which leads me to believe he was telling the truth. It's so ridiculous and squirrely...which has been my experience with when the Universe wants to turn you around. It's wholly unbelievable with your mind, but in your core...it makes sense. Just sayin'.
on December 26, 2016
I am still shaking from spiritual overload. In a great way. This film has left me in a state of trance, saddened by its ending. Wanting so much more. I feel like I was abandoned in a sense because the film is over. Though it sounds sad, is actually good. A film that can leave you feeling that way has done its job. It's entertaining and enlightening. I'm a fan and have begun to purchase all of Dan's pieces.
on July 15, 2013
Dan Millman thank you for sharing your struggles during of this most challenging time in your life. I keep this movie in my comfort box and when I feel like I can't cope with my own challenges I watch it. Each time I view this movie I get a new message because of where I am at or the message I need to hear at that time. I too have been on that ledge many time contemplating suicide but each time I am I put this movie in. I to also stood on that ledge and had to give up everything that was making me question my value and worth because it is okay to not be perfect to be perfect. You have saved my life so many times. I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves watching true stories as well as those who need inspiration. This young man touched my heart in so many ways and I will forever be in his debt for saving my life. My journey is not done until my higher power decides and your movie has helped me to enjoy the journey.
on June 23, 2017
Excellent movie! Can't wait to read the book. The acting was superb. Loved Nick Nolte.