Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 7, 2013
Remember when you were in high school and you used Cliff notes to write your essay? The movie is the cliff notes, the book is the book. I think the movie was great, very much the same and yet vastly different from the book. I think it was an entice. Did you find the message spoke to you? Want to find out more? Read the book. I wasn't disappointed in the movie. It just doesn't, can't touch the writing in the story of the book. It's 2.99 to rent...If the message touches you. Buy the book. I'm a deep girl and out of body experiences are my thing. The book is deeper and quite frankly, I don't think if he was making it up, he coulda done better, which leads me to believe he was telling the truth. It's so ridiculous and squirrely...which has been my experience with when the Universe wants to turn you around. It's wholly unbelievable with your mind, but in your core...it makes sense. Just sayin'.
on April 5, 2008
There are already many excellent, in-depth reviews of the movie which go over the specifics of the story, so I will not cover that here.

I watched this movie last night w/ my 14 year old son and we both enjoyed it immensely!

While it's not an "exact" representation of the book (which I read many years ago and just requested from my library... my original copy was borrowed and never returned :)) it's certainly "close enough" and most importantly captured may of the key transformational ideas.

The idea that there are truly "no ordinary moments" and the notion that "A Peaceful Warrior practices EVERYTHING rather than just certain...more important... things" was presented powerfully!

Also, the notion that the majority of people (especially in our culture) seem to spend their lives waiting for some future accomplishment to bring them lasting happiness, and the lie contained in that notion, is also well expressed (especially during the gymnastics match at the end during Dan's conversation with his teammate).

I would hope that people who were moved by this movie might explore further the teachings on mindfulness (the essence of the movie).

There are great books by Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, Jon Kabot-Zinn, The Dalai Lama, as well as Dan Millman and others, that can help them learn more about these teachings.

I'm currently reading Dan Millman's "Everyday Enlightenment" and it's definitely one of the most transformational as well as "real life practical" books I've come across in a long time.

In summary (getting back to the movie :)), I am very appreciative to the folks who made this film. It's refreshing when one can watch a film that is not only entertaining but that can help to reinforce the transformational ideas contained in "Peaceful Warrior".
on March 25, 2017
This movie changed my outlook on life. I look at the world differently now and I always will. This is one of the most inspiring movies that I have ever seen and I just wish that everyone had the opportunity to watch it and discover what I have found
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2007
I saw "Peaceful Warrior" in the movie theater with my husband and a friend. We had taken advantage of Best Buy's free ticket offer, and off we went. We had no idea what the movie was about, or what to expect.

Well, we all came out of the theater with our mouths agape and all the way home we were discussing what we had seen. What we had just witnessed onscreen was amazing! It walked hand-in-hand with "The Secret" (which we had watched over a year before all the Oprah hype) and encouraged me to investigate further.

I went home and immediately asked Amazon to inform me when it came out on DVD, and when it did I bought the book along with it.

Since receiving the DVD, I have watched it 3 times and I have started reading the book.

If you are on the edge of "knowing there's got to be something more to life", then WATCH the DVD, read the book - whichever you are more comfortable with.

I am grateful to Dan Millman for sharing his profound experience with me, and can only encourage myself to "relax" into my true self. Gone are the days of me thinking I was "bored".

Thank you so much Dan!!!!
on February 4, 2014
I cannot tell you how many times I have given this book as a gift over the last 25 years, so naturally I was afraid this movie would not capture the same essence of "life as a journey of growth" but it really does! It is always fun to watch Nick Nolte become his characters whether he's a "peaceful warrior/master of zen" or a remanent of war - like he is in the movie Warrior (2011). My daughter was feeling "down" with uncertainty about life and what to plan for her future, so I purchased this movie and showed it to her... She took my dogeared old book "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" to school the next morning "for further study" so I think the movie must have received 5 STARS from her also!
on September 6, 2016
THis is a way-above average little esoteric film with strong messages about personal growth, focus, intention and awareness. Anyone looking for good inspiration in pursuit of dreams or learning to re-imagine their life, this film will give you a good start.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
If you liked the book, you will like the movie. The movie does not cover every event in the book, nor does it present them exactly as they were presented in the book, but the essential message, plot, characters and impact are the same.

The movie does a superb job of showing the journey of a capable, arrogant youth toward enlightenment. In some ways, it does this better than the book, by taking a more simplistic approach. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the movie takes the central message of the book, updates it for the times, and presents it well. I guess I should just say that and end the review!
on December 26, 2016
I am still shaking from spiritual overload. In a great way. This film has left me in a state of trance, saddened by its ending. Wanting so much more. I feel like I was abandoned in a sense because the film is over. Though it sounds sad, is actually good. A film that can leave you feeling that way has done its job. It's entertaining and enlightening. I'm a fan and have begun to purchase all of Dan's pieces.
on June 23, 2017
Excellent movie! Can't wait to read the book. The acting was superb. Loved Nick Nolte.
on June 16, 2015
I was pretty busy over the last couple days with some business activities but I got engrossed in the lessons of this movie. The book has been on my reading list for years but I kept replacing it with others. However, seeing the movie was a treat. My path is taking me down the metaphysical road and this movie reinforced many of the lessons I've learned over the past decade. I say this is well worth your time, especially if you feel like you are in the rat race and unable to gain control in your life. Either read the book or watch the movie or do both.