Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 387 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 535 reviews
on March 15, 2017
This movie deals with the development of a man learning to live in the moment, overcoming obstacles that most would never consider. It is inspiring to see. Many of the scenes deal with typical student, master wisdom, somewhat zen. It is a worthwhile movie for those who are open to seeing the truth about life. The biggest conquest just might be yourself. Not a typical movie.
on October 20, 2013
"Peaceful Warrior" is not your run-of-the-mill Hollywood movie. It is not for people that are looking for an action or special-effects centered movie. Nor is it a film for people that are looking for a film that is trite or typical. "Peaceful Warrior", instead is for people that are looking for a film that is unique, that can inspire, and that can possibly even cause them to take a deeper look at there own lives.
This film accomplishes something that I feel a great number of films don't even come close to: it manages to teach life lessons through the screen while, at the same time, providing solid entertainment. I feel that the strongest aspects of this movie are the plot, the directing, the acting, the dialogue, and, most importantly, the message. The plot is very strong and personal. It flows in a very consistent and easy-to -follow manner that compliments the overall story. The directing does a stand-out job at pulling you into the plot. There were several instances in the film where I felt as if I was there watching a scene take place. The acting is spot-on. Scott Mechilowicz and Nick Nolte do great job acting out the parts of Dan Millman and Socrates. The dialogue is full of inspiration. And the message is deep, personal, and easy to relate to.
With all of this said, I would like to address my take on other online reviews I've seen of this film. I find it pretty ironic that, on sites like this, where reviewers are the common audience, "Peaceful Warrior" has very positive overall reviews and on professional critic websites, like Rotten Tomatoes, it has very negative overall reviews. I think this shows in a stark and obvious way that what professional critics believe doesn't always align well with what average consumers believe.
All in all, I would highly recommend this movie to anyone with an open mind or anyone that is looking for an inspirational film.
on February 9, 2015
I decided to give this movie a try because it had excellent reviews and sounded like a good message. I'll concede that it is a good movie, but it's not quite "a movie that changes lives," as it claims to be. Telling the story of Dan Millman -- a gymnast who struggles to carry on after a devastating injury and meets up with new mentors/friends Socrates and Joy, who teach him to cope -- the message of perseverance in this film is a good one. Much of the dialogue feels somewhat forced and unrealistic, however,and the prevailing message from Socrates and Joy is hardly revolutionary -- it's taught by coaches and athletic trainers all around the world: focus on what you are doing in this moment and not the implications of the past or future. Additionally, Socrates and Joy are implied to have some sort of mystic or supernatural abilities, which are never really explained and which never particularly figure into the plot of the story. The movie is good overall -- I especially like the powerful confrontational vision scene where Dan climbs the university clock tower at night. But I also found this movie a little more confusing than life-changing.
on March 25, 2017
This movie changed my outlook on life. I look at the world differently now and I always will. This is one of the most inspiring movies that I have ever seen and I just wish that everyone had the opportunity to watch it and discover what I have found
on March 24, 2015
My sister had the Peaceful Warrior DVD in her car with others. Out of all of them the picture of the guy hanging upside down caught my attention. Asked if the film was a documentary. Funny that I can not remember whether she answered me or not. But that's my sister for you. I did get out of her her husband really took to the story and watched the film a number of times. That he watched it that many times peaked my interest.

On one level this it a corny story. But its true. Yet I have to admit there is a real power to the underlying message. As many reviewers have written that their watching the film really motivated them. Well, I can see why. The character, playing the role of a guy whose life story this movie is about, demonstrates indeed inspirational character. Kind of character which we all wish to embody.
on June 12, 2014
This one makes you think, ponder, wonder, "what if" about life, the universe and everything. And it's a heck of a good story too! I bought this one twice: after lending it out to a friend and not getting it back, I had to get another copy.

It's wonderful for stretching your spiritual senses and for stretching your imagination. Think Karate Kid but on a "higher" more refined level!
on December 19, 2016
It was a very interesting movie. Not quite the same as the book but it didn't detract from the book that i could see. Very well made and acted.
on July 1, 2016
It's good how it shows that we can learn a lot from our dreams, and how it shows how we can even learn about the future with dream premonitions, and how by being in the moment / in the zone (like athletes often describe it) we can find peace and detachment from situation, but that's really about it. In a sense, it's a good little starter to bring about an interest in what lays behind every day life and how there is so much more to life than what we think. A bit like "Flatliners" with Julia Roberts.
on December 7, 2013
Remember when you were in high school and you used Cliff notes to write your essay? The movie is the cliff notes, the book is the book. I think the movie was great, very much the same and yet vastly different from the book. I think it was an entice. Did you find the message spoke to you? Want to find out more? Read the book. I wasn't disappointed in the movie. It just doesn't, can't touch the writing in the story of the book. It's 2.99 to rent...If the message touches you. Buy the book. I'm a deep girl and out of body experiences are my thing. The book is deeper and quite frankly, I don't think if he was making it up, he coulda done better, which leads me to believe he was telling the truth. It's so ridiculous and squirrely...which has been my experience with when the Universe wants to turn you around. It's wholly unbelievable with your mind, but in your core...it makes sense. Just sayin'.
on December 26, 2016
I am still shaking from spiritual overload. In a great way. This film has left me in a state of trance, saddened by its ending. Wanting so much more. I feel like I was abandoned in a sense because the film is over. Though it sounds sad, is actually good. A film that can leave you feeling that way has done its job. It's entertaining and enlightening. I'm a fan and have begun to purchase all of Dan's pieces.