Peak Design Travel Tripod (5 Section Carbon Fiber)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Travel Tripod brings you pro-level stability, load capacity, and deployed height, yet packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
- Unique design allows quicker, easier setup/takedown. Secure, fast, and ergonomic camera quick release. Fast-locking, low profile leg cams.
- 20lb weight capacity (optimized for a full-frame DSLR + telephoto lens). Low and inverted modes position your camera inches off the ground . Integrated load hanging hook . Nonslip, shock-absorbing feet .
- Built-in and stowable mobile mount. Securely grips any phone/case .
- Weather and impact-resistant materials. All parts are serviceable, cleanable, and replaceable. Includes a padded, weatherproof case. Guaranteed for life.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Travel Tripod brings you pro-level stability, load capacity, and deployed height, yet packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
A ground-up redesign of the traditional tripod, the Travel Tripod is the result of 4 years of engineering.
Spatially efficient design eliminates wasted volume when packed down.
Packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
No protruding knobs.
Unique design allows quicker, easier setup/takedown.
Secure, fast, and ergonomic camera quick release.
Fast-locking, low profile leg cams.
Legs deploy in seconds, without having to flip over like traditional travel tripod legs.
- Unique design allows quicker, easier setup/takedown.
- Secure, fast, and ergonomic camera quick release.
- Fast-locking, low profile leg cams.
- Legs deploy in seconds, without having to flip over like traditional travel tripod legs.
(Please note that the Bushing Removal Tool is supplied in a small, initially hard to find, internal pocket of the Weatherproof Soft Case.)
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Bottomline - if you have lighter equipment, don't really care too much about the legs flexing, can do without the ballhead panning and the inconvenience of having to lift the ballhead, then this might be a decent option for those long hikes. It definitely is lighter than other tripods, but not by much. I carry around 4 to 6 liters of Powerade when I go hiking - carting my RRS, which is a pound or two heavier is not going to kill me, especially when it assures stable support. Unfortunately, PD doesn't allow returns, but I had no issues selling mine at cost due to the demand for this tripod currently. YMMV!
Some other guy complained that he had vibration when shooting at a low SS in a moving river... duh.. why did you expect a lightweight tripod not to shake. I’d expect my 12 pound SLIK tripod to shake in moving water.
Maybe not as sturdy as others at full mast but I find if you reduce the height it becomes much better.
Head is innovative yet has its flaws.
Overall I would say its very well engineered and am glad peak design is innovating products in ways that no one else will but I subtract 1 star because at this price point I expect perfection.
The star off in total is because the case is dreadfully tight! It would be nice to have it a tad bit roomier. Seems steady but not as steady as my series 2 Gitzo traveler, but love that it is so much lighter and compact.