Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Freshwater White Pearl Necklace Earring Set Flower Clasp
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on November 17, 2010
I purchased the black equivalent strand and was very pleased. So I ordered the white and am not quite as pleased with them. I'm sure they vary strand to strand, but these are not slightly irregular--they are very irregular. They do not have "a few" lines and indentations: they are chock full of them. I don't mind some "personality" with pearls--too perfect and they will look like man-made shell or glass pearls, but "moderately blemished" is not an accurate representation of the strand I received. The earrings are much more uniform and free of blemishes.
The box they arrived in is utilitarian at best, with no separate storage pouch (for anyone who thinks these are important factors in a purchase decision--I do not).
On the other hand, they are big and from a distance will look much better than they do on a close-up inspection.(On the black pearls a reviewer called it a "social distance"-- where others will be in relation to your neck). "High luster" is very accurate --- they are very pretty and near-white with a good color match between individual pearls. The pearls are individually knotted on a strong string, which I think will be important over time for pearls of this size and weight. I think if I tell myself they are "baroque" pearls (rather than the almost synonymous "potato" pearls) I will be much happier with the purchase, which, despite what I have had to say, is still a really good deal. And recognizing that I just changed my rating from 3 stars to 4 stars.
VINE VOICEon June 17, 2009
This is a stunningly beautiful earring and necklace set! Pearls look excellent next to bare skin, and this sets off whatever you are wearing. The slightly odd shapes of the pearls are quite interesting, giving the jewelry a more natural look. The man who gave me this set earned a great big thank-you! I love this set, and wear it every chance I get.

(Review of Pearl Freshwater Cultured Potato White Necklace 10.5-11.5mm 17" and Earring 9.5-10.0 mm Gift Set)
on May 25, 2009
I purchased this set for my niece as a graduation present from college...she loved the set and has received numeous compliments from her friends. She told me she especially loved the size of the pearls and that they werent "the perfect" round shape...they are unusual! I showed the picture to my daughter and she has now purchased a set for herself and loves them.
on February 26, 2009
I bought a set of these for each of my bride's maids and they LOVED them! They are MUCH cuter in person than in the photos. Every time I see them on my friends I am tempted to buy a set for myself because they look so classic and sophisticated yet fun!
on July 30, 2009
The earrings and necklace are beautiful! The earrings are large, but button shaped, which it didn't mention in the description, but they still look attractive. The necklace pearls have small lines on them, and they are a little misshapen, but that shows that they are real pearls, and you can barely see that they are misshapen.
on January 9, 2012
I was relunctant at first when I ordered,but when they arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and size, pearls are more rounded and not true potato pearls. The earrings are not too big or small just perfect for me, the necklace not to high like a choker just right!... I ordered two more to give as gifts last xmas (2011) -appropriate for gifts for women of all ages...
VT
on December 16, 2012
Item was exactly as described. It is a perfect set for the college student-- I bought it for my 20-year-old daughter for work and interviews. The pearls are definitely irregular, but it makes them beautiful and chic. I will be ordering a set for myself for everyday wear at the office.
on April 23, 2010
These are beautiful. I was worried about buying them after seeing some freshwater sets in the stores like JCPenney's. The JCPenney's set was 29.99 at Christmas, but they looked like flat discs. So, I turned to Amazon and ordered these and crossed my fingers. I love them. They are round and large. I got them for my daughter, and loved them so much I bought myself the black set (which were more of a dark grey, then black). I will be ordering more of these for mother's day, I just have to decide what color to buy.
on March 11, 2013
I ordered the pearls for my granddaughter's 16th birthday---I returned the pearls because they did not meet my expectations of what freshwater pearls should look like. They looked nice in the photo though---I ordered another set from Amazon that I really love, so she is still getting freshwater cultured pearls for her "sweet sixteen."
on January 2, 2008
You get what you pay for. It's a good deal. The item is well packaged and comes in a nice case.