Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on March 3, 2012
Ok just received my jacket. Sizing, I'm 5'10" 185 and large fits great, not to tight so I can fit a mid weight under it and not to baggy to catch wind. I love the detachable sleeves makes a great 2 in 1. Over all great buy

Update 3/6/12
Just did my first ride in the jacket, 25 miles Temp was about 30 degrees and really windy. I must say the jacket preformed awesome. The wind blocker in the front really works and sleeves are long so they don't ride up and let the wrists get cold. Now on the sizing, I did have a little wind flapping in the shoulders but if it were any smaller it would be two tight in the chest and back with a base layer. Now in the summer with a heat gear base layer and the sleeves off it will probably be a little big, well not tight like a jersey, but on the other hand if your not a racer looking for the least wind resistance which I'm not it will be nice. I hope this review helps, I would recommend this jacket!!!!
on January 9, 2015
The jacket fits true to size, I am 6'1", 190 lbs and the Large fits me well. Sleeves are quite long, which is nice on the bike, most jackets have sleeves which pull up when I am on the hoods. Sleeves are awkward to put back on, but easy to remove. Biggest complaint about the jacket is that the Hi-Viz panels on the hips are beginning to crack and peel off after only 1 ride. The panels are pretty stiff and crackly to begin with, and not reflective, but theres no reason for them to start falling off already. That being said, I am keeping the jacket, simply because I need it and don't have time to deal with returns and replacement, and it doesn't really affect the performance of the jacket. Still, poor quality, and I am disappointed.
on July 8, 2014
Zip off sleeves are easy and offer great versatility. Just the right number of pockets. Good wind protection added the warmth I needed for coldish winter riding over a jersey and mid weight base layer (30-50 degrees). Light and packable so it's great for wearing on the morning commute and then stowing in my commuter pack for the ride home. Only downside is that sweat does build up on high intensity rides, leaving the inside moist. This isn't a problem for warmth with my wool base layers, though. The zippers and sleeves also allow for ample venting along with the back vent.
on September 4, 2016
This jacket is very light weight. It will keep you warm with its wind blocking abilities, but not standing still. I wouldn't want to wear it much below 60 degrees. You could easily stow this in a smaller pocket in a backpack or pannier. I got the yellow version and use the vest mode on warmer low-light rides, when I primarily want the jacket for visibility. The convertible feature works with two zippers and a lot of velcro. The bottom portion of the zipper area (black area on the yellow) is significantly more rigid than the rest of the zipper line. This leads to a "tent mode" when you are sitting that won't flatten out. I would have preferred all zippers as it does create a "flappy" noise at higher speeds. The jacket (small) is a still a bit big for me, so that may play a part in the noise, but it doesn't flap at all in vest mode. On each of the sides there are elastic pull strings allowing you to cinch the bottom of the jacket tight. This may help the jacket from riding up on you while changing positions. The three pockets (sides and back) are adequate to hold wallets, keys, light gloves, etc.
review image review image
on June 5, 2013
Everything about this jacket seems great except that the sleeves are way too tight on my forearms. I understand that as a cycling jacket the sleeves can't be billowing around in the wind, but these were practically skin tight on me, definitely no room to wear anything but the thinnest layer underneath.

Here are my measurements so you can decide if it will fit you. I'm 6'2'' with 40 inch chest, athletic build, so I tried both the medium and the large. The medium fit my torso ok (sleeves just long enough). Large was a little wide around the mid-section. The sleeves on both seemed to be equally narrow especially on the upper part of my forearm, making it difficult to bend completely at the elbow. Flexed the widest part of my forearm is 11 3/4 inches diameter.

Hope this helps!
on February 5, 2014
I live in Portland, Oregon, and I was fortunate enough to go the Pearl Izumi outlet store a few miles south of me to try this jacket on prior to buying it online. I am 5'9" with broad shoulders and can wear a medium or a large in most shirts and jackets, depending on the cut. This jacket is fit a bit snug through the chest (not unpleasantly), with sleeves long enough to be pulled down to the knuckles and an average torso length.

The jacket is EXTREMELY light and fits well over a tee or a dress shirt and sweater and does exactly as promised: it repels light rain and the wind. I cycle to work every morning and as long as the weather doesn't get below freezing, or start pouring hard enough to make my commute unsafe this jacket is perfect for daily wear during cool to cold weather. I've only worn it to the gym once and ran about 5 miles on the treadmill, but it seems that I'll be buying a couple more for trading out between cycling and running based on that experience. The jacket was so light and breathable that I hardly noticed I was wearing it after a short period. I'll modify my review as necessary once it gets warm enough to test without sleeves.
on December 21, 2014
Since getting this top i have cut down one of the base layers on my daily rides (down to mid/low 30s f) and still tend to be a little on the warm side depending on how hard I work. Seems robust enough and definitely makes a big difference to the wind and visibility. No issues with robustness and apparently it make me much more visible at night!
on March 23, 2013
I'm 5'-7", 140lbs, 31" waist, 36" chest. I own a Small PI vest which has a snug body hugging fit. I wanted the jacket between snug and a bit loose, the latter like my Novara convertible jacket, so I ordered a medium. Big mistake.

CONS:
1. Sizing: The shoulders are a true medium but not the chest/waist nor the arm lengths. Zipping the jacket then pulling the chest fabric outwards left me with 7-9" of extra fabric. I like my jackets a bit loose but was not expecting to wear a tent. And the sleeves are 35" in length.
2. Amazon charged an additional $11 to exchange medium to small.
3. Sleeve fabric on the thin side so riding in temps less than 40 degree is not appropriate as wind chill comes into play.
4. Not too keen on rear vertical zipper. Easy to open but hard to close [zipping upwards on loose material.

PROS:
See update

****************************************************************************************************************************
04.02.2013 * UPDATE *

Took the bike out for ride this morning in cool mid to high 50's overcast temps.
1. The small fits as a small, not snug and a bit loose [perfect], but the sleeve lengths are 3 inches longer than they should be.
2. Very snug underarm fit which disappears after a while. It's not the sleeves but the underarm seam.
3. Additional [thicker] front panel fabric for wind protection/blocking.
4. Sleeve fabric is thinner and does little for wind proofing/wind blocking, more like wind resistant.
5. Elastic waist cincher and lots of pockets.

Overall not bad but pricey. Would give this convert jacket 3.5 *'s.
on December 4, 2013
I bought this to act as the top most layer of my winter Cycling kit. Sizing chart was accurate. It's a great top layer, well designed with detachable sleeves for the inevitable warm up you get once underway.

Pretty decent water repulsion. It's good for 20 mins of light rain with little seepage, but the heat retention goes a long way to mitagate the chills of being caught within a deluge.

Honestly, It might be too warm for the gentle Georgia winters. I've worn it a half dozen rides this winter season, and I've take it off ( entirely ) on all but once. Most of these rides have been ~ 45 - 50 degrees. On the 25 Degree ride, I kept it on the whole way.
It's compact and light enough material to cram into the center/back pocket of the jersey underneath, detached sleeves no problems.

Only complaint = I bought two of these, one for myself and one for my wife as we cycle together and she feels strongly that we match... ( both White Jerseys ). The pattern and layout of the ladies version is cooler looking than the men's, not sure why.

-Bruce
on October 1, 2014
Excellent! Does it's job with no problem. I have used both the full jacket and the vest portion with the sleeves off in both wind and rain. It very effectively blocks both. My only issue is that the sleeves detach and attach in a very odd manner. It is not enough to take away from the 5 star review, just weird.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.