- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B003BLOUIS
- Item model number: 11131017
- Average Customer Review: 88 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #445,636 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Softshell Jacket
|Price:||$69.00 - $149.99|
- One back and one chest zippered pocket
- Full-length internal draft flap with zipper garage seals in warmth
- Made in China
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Elite Softshell cycling jacket is perfectly equipped for cold weather riding. Windproof and waterproof laminate in-between the outer knit face and fleece inner lining provides protection from the elements, warmth and plenty of stretch to move with you.
- Elite Softshell is a highly functional stretch fabric that offers windproof, waterproof, thermal and breathable protection for cold weather performance
- Elite Thermal Fleece panels use a brushed inner surface to trap in heat while dual-layer yarn technology transfers moisture away from your skin for warm, dry comfort
- Semi-form fit keeps you cycling with ease
- Full zipper with garage and internal draft flap seals in warmth
- Collar tapers from front to back for on-the-bike ergonomics
- Contoured sleeve openings integrate well with gloves to create a weather-tight seal
- 360 reflective elements maximize visibility
- Zippered back pocket and 1 chest pocket keep the essentials within reach
From the Manufacturer
Softshell is technology for cold weather cycling with its multiple attributes: a wind and waterproof laminate in-between an outer knit face and fleece inner lining means protection from the elements, warmth, and plenty of stretch to move with you. ELITE Softshell provides superior wind and water protection ELITE Thermal Fleece fabric panels provide superior moisture transfer and warmth Contoured, shaped sleeve hem adds warmth Full-length internal draft flap with zipper garage seals in warmth One back and one chest zippered pocket Collar tapers from front to back for on bike ergonomics 360 degree reflectivity
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I took the jacket out for a 25 mile ride (with a wool t-shirt underneath) and found that it makes a lot of good compromises that make it incredibly versatile. While I felt chilly for 20 or so minutes I warmed up and it felt perfect on the flats. After heading north I went into a climb for about 5 miles and definitely felt the heat and sweat build up, but after unzipping it down the middle and taking off my long-fingered gloves I was able to vent all the heat. Heading back I hit a nice 25mph for a few miles downhill and was glad that I could quickly zip it back up and let it absorb the increased chill.
Aesthetically I find that the blue/black look and fit is subtle enough that I could use this jacket in a variety of situations--such as hiking with my friends, without calling too much attention to myself.
Overall I'm very pleased with this jacket and plan on using it this summer for a tour down the Pacific Coast.
It would be a five star product if; it had pockets down below as well as having the chest pocket. Can never have enough. The tail could have been a bit longer and the back of neck a bit higher, to keep out the cold. Also the armpit vents could have been a bit smaller, as you can feel initially the chill of headwinds a bit much.
That said, I am 6 feet tall, 210, footballer sized, and the X-large fit great, snug but in a good way. I usually ride three to seven days a week if I can. I wore this product in the coldest weather, purposely, minus 8 celsius. Felt like I never left the indoors. I had on a no name long sleeved undershirt and a compression long sleeve underneath, wore a balaclava and gloves over my biking gloves, that's it.
I'd recommend it to anyone out in the windy cold, and best with some Pearl Izumi bib tights. Fits like a good suit.
It performs well down to 20 with a warm base layer or two. Below that, it's just too light - you'd need to go with a heavier jacket. ***Update - I just rode at 20 degrees with two long sleeve base layers (1 cotton, 1 poly) and felt fine - amazing! Update #2 - wore yesterday in light rain, 48 degrees - stayed totally dry.
The finish and pockets are good - it's a quality item. I would definitely buy again.
pocket on the back is bot too bad. Easily fits mini pouch with tool lever, air cartridge and a tube. can fit more just not easily/ need to rearrange a bit if more is going in there so don't plan on carrying too much junk in the trunk. Love the zipper for snow days and keeps mud out when riding on trails. Tough to get the glasses in there while i am riding. fit is good I got the XL and I am 5'7 at 190 a bit roomy in the midsection but snug in the upper chest and arms. Plus quite lengthy. still it works for cold days and covers up wrists. Went a touch larger so i could layer but probably don't need to. I wear it with nothing but a base layer on 15 degree F days and it keeps me warm no problem. I will say the outer shell material is not as stretchy as some other brands and it took a few rides to get used to it, but thats ok i am looking for wind block and warmth first and it does the job very well.