Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Thermal Barrier Tight
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 23, 2013
Very happy with the overall fit of them, though with a 30" inseam the XL is a few inches too long for me. It's worth mentioning that these are NOT padded, so you'll most likely want to double up with a pair of padded shorts.

Otherwise no issues with them - very comfortable (even when sweaty) and they hold up well in the wash.
on October 23, 2013
Have liked Pearl Izumi product for a many years. These tights live up to the reputation I've had. Very good quality and design. The price I got on Amazon $37 compared to $150 in the local shop WOW!.
on August 22, 2015
I haven't had a chance to get much use out of these yet, but from a fit standpoint I think they are great! I am about 5'11" and weigh 200 lbs., I bought the XL and they fit as close to perfect as I could expect. I will use them for cold weather cycling primarily so will wear a bib short under them for the chamois. I'm very happy with the fit and quality material/workmanship of these tights. I really like PI's products and these do not disappoint. I'm excited to put them to the test when the fall winds start blowing!
on October 25, 2013
Keeps legs warm in 40 degree weather. Effectively cuts out all wind but still maintains breathability. True to size chart.
on August 28, 2014
In my here, now the weather is very hot, I can't wear it, I hope it can be kept leg warmer at 10 degrees Celsius weather and effectively cut the wind but still maintains the permeability.
I am 5'9", 176lbs, 41" natural waist. A little loose size "XXL". The length fits perfectly.
on November 19, 2013
Not nearly as good as the previous (discontinued) model. Still the extremely high quality I expect from PI products, but the new material is more like a thin wet suit than a thermal compression tight. Have found that I only wear these when the others are in the wash. Strongly prefer the old model. May look around and try the Smartwool Men's PhD HyFi Zip Tight as a replacement. Won't wear these much as they're pretty uncomfortable.
on December 30, 2013
There is no zipper to break at the cuffs (which has invariably been my experience). In place of bibs, I use button suspenders, otherwise there's a drawstring built into the waist. The weight of the fabric (thickness) on these is really useful... you can wear them comfortably down to temperatures in the low 50's high 40's just as they are; all the way down below freezing if you add a layer of insulated underwear beneath them. The fabric is very stretchy and forgiving... the seams and stitching throughout is first rate.

The length is a little more problematic. Because there's no zipper at the cuffs, I can wear these about halfway covering my foot without any discomfort, which I need to do if I don't want excess material pooling around the ankles. When worn like this, the fit is actually quite nice. The chamois is a very basic cottony one, but it is reasonably comfortable. The absence of a zipper only means you can't put these on over your shoes, if that's important to you. Otherwise, they go on and come off without issues. I started wearing these in October and they have held up well through many miles and washings.
on October 21, 2013
comfortable, nice fit, serves the purpose
Versatile, good for more sports than just biking, would be nice to have more colors available
on November 5, 2013
I bought these for cycling even though the company makes a comparable tight with a chamois specifically for cyclists because I want to use them for cross-country skiing as well. They are quite warm and wind resistant, in fact for temps above about 45 degrees I prefer a lesser option for keeping my legs warm. My only complaint is they could have put some of the usual non-slip material around the waist so that the tights don't have such a tendency to slide down over your hips when you are riding. These are the only tights I have that I have this problem with, so I think it is related to the otherwise excellent quality material of which the tights are made. There is draw string tightener to eliminate this problem, but I have to make it uncomfortably tight to remedy the issue.
on October 12, 2013
They are a tight fit and the size I normally wear would be large . But one size larger if you don't want a snug fit As far as warmth, I don't see wearing the in the 40's temperature range. Thermal, I don't think these are that great of quality.as far as keeping your legs warm!

See 1 answered question