Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Men's Barrier Headband
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on December 4, 2012
Despite this headband being quite thin, it is surprisingly warm; I've worn it in weather as cold as 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and it's kept my ears warm and toasty the whole time. The material at the front of the band is really effective at wicking sweat away. The ponytail opening at the back can get a little uncomfortable on longer rides (I don't have a ponytail), but that's my only gripe about this headband, it's otherwise perfect for cold-weather riding.
on January 8, 2013
Like all Pearl Izumi products, quality is great. I"m a women and this fits fine (no I don't have an abnormally big head). It is comfortable under my helmet, keeps my ears comfortably warm and doesn't get soggy when I sweat. I'm very happy with it.
on December 21, 2015
Good product - will serve the purpose- but I am a size 7 5/8, I always expect generic sizing to be a but tight or sometimes uncomfortable- and I don't buy it. This headband is snug but it was the design and quality I wanted and the others were too thick or tighter. I ride in the 40's w/o it and will use it when it gets colder.
on March 2, 2015
I got one of these a year or two ago and I love it for cold weather cycling with a helmet. It is good enough that I just bought 2 more. It doesn't look like much, but it really does keep the head warm. I shave my head, so I need the warmth when the temp drops below 40F. I would say that for someone without hair, these are good down into the lower 20's F. After that, I need a full hat. It is definitely snug on me, but I am about a 61.5cm head circumference.
on November 8, 2013
I also have the Izumi skullcap, which is "one size". I wear an XL motorcycle helmet, and the skullcap is a tad too small for my head - I could never get it to stay down over my ears, leading to some chilly rides. I use this instead - either alone, or with the skullcap on colder mornings - and it does exactly what I want it to do. It stays down over my ears and is nice and warm. I've washed it dozens of times and it's held up well. Definitely recommended it for anyone who doesn't care for the fit of the skullcap and wants a better solution for keeping their ears warm.
on November 29, 2013
This is my third of these headbands, I lose them periodically. Where I live, this and my helmet are enough to keep my head warm enough to ride to work. The tension is good enough to keep the wind out but not uncomfortable even wearing ear buds.
on March 7, 2014
The material in this headband works well and is comfortable against the ears. The band material is relatively thin so it's easy to stuff into a pocket so it's ready when you need it. My only criticism is that the area that covers the forehead is as wide as the back part which may be OK if you have a huge forehead. I would prefer that it tapered a little toward the front as previous versions did.
on May 31, 2013
This is my second headband from Pearl Izumi and they have changed from a small and large to just one size fits all. It's pretty snug on my head but once you wear it for half a winter it fits great, no slipping around under the helmet.
on September 9, 2013
Not sure if it's for sweat or warmth. Doesn't seem like it can do either one of those well. Looks great though. I plan on using it to run to the gym, not a long run so should be ok, even in the winter.
on November 25, 2015
Clearly, quite a lot of thought went into the design of this, which is why I'm so perplexed that it is so rubbish. There is windstopper fabric over the forehead, but a very light, loose fabric over the ears, which is the part of my head that gets really cold. Are there really people out there with freezing cold foreheads? This immediately makes it useless to me. The headband is one size fits all. I have a fairly small head, and found it uncomfortable. The shape means that it pushes into your forehead and is constantly threatening to slip down over your eyes. A complete waste of money.

See 1 answered question