Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on June 30, 2012
Pearl Izumi has 3 different quality levels, Select, Elite, and Pro. This Quest jerseys is part of their Select product line, which is their cheapest and lowest quality product line. Compared to their better jerseys, the Quest has a lower quality fabric (heavier fabric doesn't breath or wick as well) and a lower quality construction (not as contoured). Still, these are more than adequate for weekend warrior and recreational club bicyclists, as well as commuters, etc.

Sizing is looser than Pearl Izumi's better jerseys, which is good if you have a beer belly or flabby arms or muscular shoulders. You don't have to size up like you have to with racer-cut jerseys, and then worry about flappy fabric or the length being too long. I am 5'9" 170 pounds and size medium fits me fine.

Compared to other brands, these Pearl Izumi jerseys are a big step up from similarly priced jerseys from Canari or Nashbar or Performance. Seams are double stitched for durability and mostly flat knit on the inside for comfort. Extra panels sewn in to the shoulders and sides help the jersey fit better so it doesn't bind or flap around when you're riding. The fit is not skin tight, but the fabric is stretchy enough to be comfortable for a wide variety of body shapes. Extra long genuine YKK zipper adds ventilation on hot days.

This isn't the best bicycling jersey on the market, but it is one of the best values.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 25, 2012
Let's start with the good first: picked it up for way less than retail, build quality seems good, material is nice, STAYS COOL even though it is too baggy. CONS: THE SIZING. This is not "semi-fitted." Nike Dri-Fit apparel is semi-fitted. If you are built like the model in the picture, this jersey will be HUGE around your waist. (I would wager they are holding the abdomen taut with clothespins in the back, a trick I use as a wedding photographer). This is vanity sizing at its worst. I have a 41 inch chest and a 32 inch waist @ 170#, so per the PI sizing chart on their website, I ordered a medium. The chest is semi-fitted. The arms are semi-fitted. But I could carry a watermelon in the abdomen area. It is so loose, sitting fully upright on the bike causes the jersey pockets to swing away from me 2-3 inches. If you're in good shape you will NOT be able to solve the problem by going a size smaller either (the medium length is correct for me @ 5'10", but more importantly the shoulder seams are in the correct spot based on the chest sizing). And as other reviewers have mentioned, it seems very short in front for its size, and there is no real keeper elastic at the bottom. If the elastic at the bottom actually snugged back up, both the bagginess in the ab region and the shorter length would be way less noticeable. I'll keep this jersey around for spring when I am thicker from lifting all winter and not riding as much. EDIT: AND the reflective "Pearl Izumi" logo fell off the back after 50 miles and 0 washings.
0Comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 20, 2012
If you are previewing the screaming yellow color and wonder if the color is not accurately depicted on your monitor (when I selected the color it looked greener than yellow to me)then know that it is indeed the neon yellow you are looking for. I like the gray on the shoulder pads that offer some minimalist, modern styling to the shirt. The elastic on the back waist is good for hugging a close fit. The seamless zipper is fine and barely visible up close when zipped, although on the inside the closed end on mine is zipped, but altogether hangs loose, so it may scratch your belly, but it's no big deal. I am 5' 9" and 150lbs and I ordered a medium and it fits fine.

I have not yet used the elastic pockets on the back, but they do not scrunch up when empty and don't negatively effect the fit.

Do not wash this product with all of your other clothes. I have noticed some fraying in the threads all ready that I suspect is happening because other garments tumble against and snag on the material.

Bicycle grease easily smudges noticeably on the neon yellow.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2014
I got the Screaming Yellow in Small. I have a 29-30 waist and a large chest and it fits perfectly. I like a tighter bike jersey and the small is actually a tad looser than normal jerseys (still fits fine since the material is super thin). The jersey is a super thin material that is very cool when riding. The color is very bright neon yellow (a different neon yellow than the normal yellow items I get for cycling, so do not expect this to match). The grey shoulder pad things are a nice touch and add some color variation to the jersey and look really good. The jersey is very reflective and there is a strip of this silver lining that is super reflective (really thin, but when light hits it it glows). The jersey is high quality and feels well made. It has three pockets in the back (however, they are not that large (compared to my other jerseys) and there is no waterproof pocket (a feature my other jerseys have that I like). However, for the price of this jersey it is a great buy (I got it for under 20 on sale - I actually bought another one after getting the first one). My only complaint is that the zipper only goes down a third of the way, I am used to them opening all the way, but this one only goes down partly. It is still nice for letting in air, but I do wish it opened all the way. The back goes down pretty far,but not as far as other jerseys (far enough to keep you covered).

In the end this is a great buy on a really high quality, cool (cool in both terms of the word) jersey. It fits perfectly and looks amazing! This is a great summer jersey and I highly recommend!
on May 20, 2015
Shipped fast, exactly what I expected just a little snug. But that's my belly... I'm trying to slim down so hopefully it will start to fit a little better. I'm 5'7" and hovering 228 as I hit a bit of a plateau from being in the 245 + range. It feels comfortable and breathable and I can't wait to wear it. I don't care what I look like, as long as it's functional and it works.
-update- went on my first ride with this Jersey felt great, 35 mile ride and it was hot and humid and the sweat transfer was prefect. Other shirts tend to rub and get uncomfortable and constantly need to be pulled down in the back. With my shape, I'm always adjusting the back of these type of shirts bit not this one.
on October 5, 2015
Some reviewers here have complained that this is a lower-end Pearl Izumi product. While that may be technically true, it is still a very good jersey. I've had this same jersey (that I've worn and washed often) in a different color, and it still fits right (for me) and looks good. I think that the the Quest line of jerseys are as good (or better) value for the money as other comparably (or lower) priced jerseys.
on July 28, 2015
Good fit, not too tight since I do not have a six-pack type belly! I'm 5' 10", 182 lbs, and 35" waist. Comfortable and not flimsy, even in hot weather (90 degrees +). Washes well on the gentle cycle (fully zipped up and inside out). Having the three pockets in back have been great. I have not had a problem with the tail of the shirt laying flat as some reviewers have noted.

The PI Quest line of jerseys is semi-form fit meaning that it is supposed to be less tight for bodies with BMIs that are less than ideal (but are working towards it!). It also happens to be their line with the lowest price. Check out the PI website for the other jersey types which are form-fit (skin tight) or loose (extra space for those with extra pounds).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Love the fit although it does tend to make me feel like a member of the PBR club. I just heard that after a 50-mile ride up near Auberry, California in the Sierra from one of my fellow riders. He said it's a reference to pot-bellied riders and Pabst Blue Ribbon, which he said he craves super cold on a really hot day. OK. So the shirt is definitely worth the price. Another rider had the same brand and color. Little different design. It stands out. And that's very important in this land of super-huge trucks with duallies roaring past.
on December 29, 2015
I ordered a small for myself and to my (bit of) surprise, is very fitted from what I originally expected. Now I understand that being cycling gear, it needs to be more fitted than loose, but I was just a little surprised even for someone pretty scrawny like myself, it still was pretty fitted.

Pockets in the rear are nice to have definitely, but I do wish they are zippered to avoid my effects jumping out of there. A strip of grippy material is also in the bottom rear portion of the shirt to help avoid riding up, so that's nice too.
on May 3, 2016
My husband wears his jersey everytime he goes mountain biking. It is perfect especially because we live in Florida. It is light and breathable. It absorbs his sweat very well. I thought he would notlike it but I was so wrong. The color, the fit everything worked out great! It is true to size. I purchased the white color and even though it gets dirty while mountain biking, it is easy to clean. I definitely recommend this for road bikers and mountain bikers.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.