- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00KJGKZ7I
- Item model number: 14141407021
- Average Customer Review: 150 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #31,787 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Pearl Izumi - Ride Men's Cyclone Gel Glove
|Price:||$17.34 - $101.53|
- Palm: 49% polyamide 29% polyurethane 16% polyester 4% chloroprene rubber 2% spandex Back of the hand: 55% polyester 30% polyamide 9% polyurethane 6% spandex
- Long gauntlet design keeps wrists warm and prevents air leakage. 1:1 Glove fit maximizes finger dexterity for shifting and braking
- Elite Softshell fabric on back of hand provides superior wind and water protection
- 1:1 Gel Padding creates bridges over Ilnar and Median nerves for superior riding comfort; Hook and loop closure
- Synthetic leather palm is soft and durable; Conductive synthetic leather on index finger and thumb works with touch screen devices
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility; Soft, windproof fleece wiping surface on thumb
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
We've made the best even better! Our most popular cool weather cycling glove, the Men's Cyclone, adds touch screen compatibility while retaining its renowned fit, protection and comfortable 1:1 Gel padding. For intermediate weather conditions the Cyclone Gel Glove is the discerning cyclist's choice.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I didn't realize this when I ordered them as a Christmas gift. Even if I had studied the published sizing chart, I would not have noticed this issue. It would not have cost Amazon anything to simply state in the product description the glove sizing runs LARGE and buyers may need to order one size smaller if they want a tailored fit rater than a very lose baggy fit.
Once I went through the trouble of returning them and re-ordering what would normally be an X-Large glove order as Large size order, the Large gloves finally have a tailored fit on what is generally considered an X-Large hand.
Please note the gel on these gloves are positioned for gripping flat-top handlebars and brakes typically used on Mnt. bicycles and they will not feel appropriate on road bicycle drop handlebars or brake hoods.
I am told they keep the cold & wind out and function OK in 45 degree Fahrenheit temperature with a wind of 20 Mph. Also the the capacitive touch screen fingertips work well on smart phones even if they have plastic screen protectors (don't know about glass screen protectors.)
The gloves themselves seem flawless. i thought about getting the model with a longer gauntlet (can't remember the name) but these are perfect. There's just the right amount to overlap sleeves but not too much.
Touchscreen material works but being a little loose I have hard time on my small, cheap phone. (Tip for cyclists - use a tiny, low-end smartphone on the bike. With a very low clock speed and small screen, the battery lasts FOOOOREEEEEVEEEER).
Wind protection and breathability are great. These keep my hands comfy over a great range of temperatures.
Padding seems perfect. I generally only notice my hands when the full fingers interfere with dexterity (verus half-fingers).
Price seems just a bit too high, which they say is the psychological threshold for an equitable deal, so who knows. I feel like this about a $30 item, but being for cyclists I think there is Bad Consumer Judgement Tax. The gloves are good enough to earn full 5 stars even with the high price.
As an aside, last winter when it was brutally cold - too cold for my regular winter gloves, I was able to put these on and then insert my whole hand into my regular winter gloves so I could go play for hours in the snow with my son. It was a tight fit, but it DID work and kept my hands nice and toasty. So they have a use besides just biking!
My son said gloves were amazing. Kept his hands warm and was able to use his phone while wearing the Pearl Izumi - Ride Mens Cyclone Gel Glove. In case some are suspect of my review there's some design flaws so read on.... The Pearl Izumi performed as advertised; however, the kid did mention gloves where a bit short covering the wrist area. My son is not a cyclist so the design of glove maybe intended for the hardcore rider.. Nonetheless, I would recommend this producr.
Over all great intermediate cold weather glove.