Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on November 3, 2011
the quality of these is good. unfortunately they run ridiculously small. I even checked the sizing chart on Pearl izumi website and ordered a large, which is the size I wear in their padded cycling short tights. I'm going to have to send them back for an XL. Hope they fit, the large was so small i could barely get them on even w the ankle unzipped. I'm 6'2" and go about 195lbs and have a 33 or 34" waist w a 34" inseam. I'm not trying to promote other products, but Bontrager makes a full length thermal bib that is very nice and warm for about $110. Unfortunately amazon doesn't seem to carry hardly anything made by Bontrager.
11 comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 27, 2012
There have been a lot of comments regarding the sizing of these tights, so I thought I'd add one more for reference. I'm right between a small and medium usually, 30inch waist 30 inch inseam (same size for 30+ years), 155 lbs. My wife ordered me a Large for Christmas after reading some of the reviews. I found them too big and ordered a medium. For the medium the length is definitely long enough (in fact I'm pretty sure they would fit a 31 inch inseam as others have claimed they don't, I have a bit of gathered material on the legs). That said the tights are snug, especially as they taper to the ankle, they have zips but they are tough (not impossible) to zip closed. Because of the material they don't stretch as much as normal tights. In that way they are less comfortable and less forgiving as far as sizing. I also think the cut could be a bit better, at least for my build. I often feel myself pulling different sections up or into a more comfortable configuration. They are plenty warm, I've worn them on my ride to work down to 25 degrees with no issues.

With regard to the large size, although they weren't nearly as snug they were also too baggy, they were much longer from the waist to the inseam area. I don't know what the sizing says they should be for a large but they didn't seem significantly longer in the leg however when compared to the mediums. I would say my size is close to the limit for a medium (you could probably get away with another inch in the length, inch in the waste and 5 more pounds but that's about it), if you are any bigger I would purchase the large.
11 comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 12, 2013
I purchased these tights last November with the original intent to wear them on bike rides. With all the snow that we have had in the Northeast, the bike did not get out much. I have been using the tights throughout the winter on trail runs instead, with snow sometimes knee-deep on the trail. They worked out very well, are warm, and provide good support for my knee joints.

I am 6'2 and wear a 34/34 pant size. I purchased the tights in large. They fit snugly and are the right length, but I do have to pull them up once in a while. I compromised on the waist band adjustment between tight enough to stay up and wide enough to get them on comfortably.
I feel that I got a decent value for $52. Now it appears that Amazon has moved the large size into the $70 price group and I am not so sure I would buy them again at this price.

Update more than one year later: I wiped out today during my run and tore a whole into the right knee. I spent a good hour researching other products and returned to this one. I think the people who have size issues don't know that compression tights need to feel tight, or they don't provide compression.
on January 9, 2014
I am a 31" waist and athletic. The medium fit fine and in fact aren't nearly as tight as my cw-x compression tights. Not sure why the reviews talk about these being tight. My guess is many are used to long underwear and not proper running tights? most of my pants are 32/30 and these fit fine - although have a little extra length (to be expected). Nice zip closure at the bottom that I don't feel at all. There is a wind panel in the crotch, which I really appreciate in the cold weather as that area can get pretty frozen otherwise. All in all, I was very happy I bought them and they are the softest, warmest and most comfortable tights I own. Other tights I have are the CW-X insulator preformx (which I like a lot as well) and a pair of regular brooks tights (not thermal).
on January 20, 2014
I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but the bulleted information near the top of this page is incorrect. These are from Pearl Izumi's running line, not their cycling line.

Anyway, they seem very well made, but they have a kind of built-in "support system" that I don't think the Select cycling tights have.

Regarding the sizing, I don't find them overly tight in the waist as I was worried might be the case based on other reviews. I do, however, find them to be too long. The Pearl Izumi website says the medium has a 28" inseam. I got a large, so I was expecting maybe a 30" inseam (it would be nice if they actually listed the inseam for a "non-medium" on the site), but they are at least an inch or two longer than that.
on January 31, 2014
I purchased these to wear under my pants on the train walks to work in Chicago as we have had our record -20 temperatures and what not and on the whole I would say for the price these are pretty nice pants.

Please note they are not an end-all be-all solution to cold. After receiving the package I noticed one of the tags states that the pants are good for temperatures 10 - 50 degrees (I did not notice this distinction previously, although I did not read the descriptions in depth). That said, the pants are very tight (I have quite skrawny legs) but they do stretch very well and maintain their form (as they should, they are running pants). Wearing them under a pair of pants though in the brutal weather, I was fairly comfortable. The more you move, the more heat they hold and that's the idea. If you can get used to the stretching I would recommend them.

They also say you should wash them with detergent that doesn't have additives, and I want them to last, so I had to buy natural laundry detergent (not a big deal for me as I was considering making the switch anyway).

I will also note that these are running pants and not to offend anyone, but are more likely designed for folks with a runners physique. I work out five days a week and am fairly skinny for my height (I am 6 feet tall and weigh about 170) and the large pants and large jacket fit like a glove... a tight glove. But that's the idea. I would recommend them for people with a somewhat athletic build. If you are an unfortunate person who has one or two problem areas (I still have a kind of big gut) I could see these being very uncomfortable and you should look for an alternative pant.

Post a comment if you have any additional questions.
on October 24, 2013
These tights are very comfortable and work really well at 45-55F that I have been using them. I usually go one size up on Pearl Izumi bottoms which for me is Large--I am 6', 190lb with stocky calves. These tights are definitely tighter than regular Run Select tights but I think that is more the material being thicker and less stretchy. If I were to guess, I would think XL would fit well also with less compression. Am still very happy--never had a Pearl Izumi product that I didn't like!
on January 7, 2013
I read all of the reviews here before I decided to purchase a pair of these pants. Because of the reviews, I opted to buy an XL pair because everyone was stating that they run too small. I received them today, put them on and thought, "wow - these are huge." I'm 5'11" and 202 lbs and I should have stuck with ordering a Large. These are tights - they are supposed to be TIGHT. I just submitted for an exchange to get a Large pair. As soon as I receive them, I will try them on and update this if I find that they are too small.
on March 31, 2017
There are some riders than are a little overweight. Need product for that.
on January 3, 2013
Fit: size ordered - XL I am 6'3" 200 lbs, fit good around the legs and length for my long legs was perfect (about 35" inseam normally). Could be a little snugger around the waist and hips but holds junk well with inner liner and tie strap so that is good (Also leaves enough room to put on over bike shorts if wanted - I do want). Narrow at ankles thankfully they have a zipper or else I would not get them on over my feet.

Comfort - Great on the bike (over bike shorts) down to about 35*, X skiing they have been great in 17* weather (as long as actually trying hard), Running they keep me warm down to about 30*. Very comfy no annoying bunch behind knees etc.

have only had them a few weeks so no info on longevity but if it is like the rest of my PI stuff they will last for a good long while.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.