Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Men's Thermal Lite Glove,Black,Large
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Color: Black|Size: Large|Change
Price:$19.99+ Free shipping

on January 29, 2013
I commute in Seattle, and these gloves have done the trick for me.

For sizing, I found Medium to work pretty well (maybe they're a tad big for me, but fine). Not sure how you should decide your size, but I'm a size 11 shoe and I consider my hands to be regular sized for a guy who is 6'1". If you're on the fence, order the smaller one.

When the temperature drops below 40 degrees, these go from comfortable to COLD for me. I really notice it from 40F (which feels crisp, but good) to 35F (which feels numb).

They're not wind proof, but they do a nice job in all weather conditions down to 40 degrees.

Cheers~
on September 27, 2012
These gloves are very comfortable, and fit well. The coldest weather I've had them out in, thus far, was 37 degrees F and about 90% relative humidity, and they performed decently under those conditions. This was only about a 2 mile ride to school, though. I can't imagine they would do as well for anything 5 miles + when it is that cold, but I don't think that's really their intended use.

The main drawback is that they don't have any velcro on the wrist to hold them in place. Since they have a close fit, I've dealt with this by wearing a pair of mesh gloves with velcro wrists over them. Doing this holds them in place just fine, but it covers the reflectors on the outside of the hand.

Overall, for the price, this shortcoming didn't dissuade me, and if money is any issue, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker. However, if you're willing to pay a bit more, I imagine you could get something that doesn't overlook this crucial feature in a cycling glove.
on September 27, 2012
These gloves are great, especially for the price. Here's what I like:
- Fit matches the sizing;
- They are thin and fit snugly, so there's still good feel, and not bunching up;
- They are nearly wind-proof, even at 30 mph, so my hands stay warm;
- They have some thin, rubberized grips on the thumb, index, and middle fingers.

I needed some gloves for cool-weather road-biking and these fit my needs. There is ZERO padding in these gloves, so don't expect pads. I didn't want padding, just protection from cold, and that's what I got.

They are thin and do not look like they would withstand much abuse, so I'm waiting to put them on until I'm on the bike, ready to go, and taking them off as soon as I'm done. So far, so good.

UPDATE: After several months of use, they are still good, but one of the cuffs is unraveling. If you look at the zoomed view, you'll see the cuff trim. Well, mine had loose threads. I tried to pull one off, which was my mistake. It began the unraveling process, and now, half the cuff trim is hanging loose.

Additionally, the gloves are showing some wear all over. They still feel really good, but I don't think they will last very long, maybe a year?
on November 20, 2012
Great glove for windy/cold conditions. Not padded or tight; these need to be worn with conventional fingerless biking gloves. Excellent control/flexibility, and do a great job of keeping out wind. No insulation on the interior (as advertised). I wash these in the sink with hand soap and they hang dry quickly.
on October 18, 2013
I'm not sure what makes an article of clothing qualify as thermal, but these gloves are more lite than thermal. Anything colder than 50 would require something warmer. The other thing I don't like about these gloves is that there is no grip in the palm, and the grips on the fingers don't do much in terms of keeping my hands in place. So my preferred hand position causes my hands to slip if I don't grip the handlebars tighter than I'm used to. All in all, I'm disappointed with these gloves and will look for another pair.
on October 23, 2014
I'll try to make this rhyme:
I wear these all the time.
I wear them running, biking too.
I'm a woman but mens medium will do.

It has little grips that help on my bike,
but i take them off if on my phone, i write.
not too loose and not too tight.
for 40-50 degree riding, they're just right!
on April 15, 2014
These gloves fit me perfectly and keep my hands warm. The coldest temps I typically run in are between 35 - 45 degrees. Anything colder than that and you may need something else. Keep in mind that I am from Florida.
on November 11, 2012
It keeps my hands warm down to 50F. One needs to understand these are not regular bicycle gloves. They are not intended to be used by themselves even if you could indeed do it. They have no padding and in long rides it will affect the comfort. However, if you wear these under other gloves they are great. Here it is how I where them: if it is above 45F I wear them under regular summer biking gloves. This will give me the warmth of these gloves with the padding of the regular gloves. It temperature is bellow 45F I wear these under my Cyclone gloves. I have worn them like these in 30F and they feel good. One recommendation I make is to order these in a size smaller than what you would order other gloves. This way they will fit tight in your hands and will not move or clump inside the covering gloves. This way when temperatures change during the ride I can remove them from under the other gloves and keep going.

Positives
Compress strength is comfortable. Warms hands nicely. Grips at the tip of the fingers are very light allowing you to feel well. Allows for multiple combinations with other gloves. Do not stick to velcro (I had some in the past that the tips of the fingers got worn out quickly because they would stick to the velcro)

Not so great
No padding (intentional). Fingers are a little on the long side (I bought small and while the fits tightly around the fingers are still a little long)

They are just a couple of months old so I cannot speak for durability
on August 21, 2014
These are comfortable, and adequate in chilly fall or spring weather. They don't live up to my other Perl Izumi clothes, though.

These gloves do provide a solid grip on the handlebars, but the conductive finger tips don't seem to be particularly conductive. They also provide little in the way of insulation, mostly just protecting from wind chill on your hands. That's plenty for a daytime ride in the late fall or early spring around here, but don't think you're getting gloves for a winter morning commute.
on April 8, 2013
I have not used these to ride a bike in. For cold days they are perfect for running. I have used them in < 35 degree weather. I typically wear a very thin pair of silk/wool liners when it's warmer than 40 or so. These fit great with no weird seams. They are not too thick so my hands don't overheat. If they're just a little cold for the first mile I know that they'll be just fine after I'm all warmed up.

I didn't deduct a star, but for some people these points would be an issue:
The grippy finger pads have begun to wear off already. If you ride with them I bet they won't last long.
The finger pads do not work with a touch screen phone. I have to start my run/gps software with my finger then put my glove on but I knew this when I ordered.