Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Thermal Lite Arm Warmer,Black,Small
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Color: Black|Size: Small|Change

on October 30, 2012
While shopping for these, I cross referenced the sizing information on pearlizumi.com

-----------------------------XS------S-----M-------L------XL
Arm Length with 90° bend----23.5"---24"---24.5"--25.25"---26"
Bicep circumference----------12"----12.5"---13"---13.5"--14.25"
Wrist circumference---------6.75"----7"----7.25"---7.5"---7.75"

I hope this helps guy!
on September 20, 2010
I bought these last week and wore them for the first time on a ride on Saturday morning. It was about 60 degrees out and these were perfect. As the temperature rose and I got warmer I was able to pull them down to my wrist and then eventually take them off and they fit in one of the pockets in my jersey very easily.

I am a woman and have 6.5 in wrists and 10.5 in biceps and I am 5'4". I ordered small warmers and they fit perfectly. They are very attractive and will be a regular part of my early morning rides.
on July 3, 2012
I wanted to write this review on these arm warmers just so that other people thinking of buying them would have some kind of size reference to go by. I am a girl riding a road bike in urban conditions and purchased these warmers in both medium and large to see which fit better. I ended up returning both because they were just too small.

I have an upper arm circumference of 13" and the large was too small. I consider the warmer too small when my circulation is getting cut off which it was with a large. The warmers don't come in XL.
VINE VOICEon November 4, 2011
These are the first arm sleeves I've ever had, so I can't really comment on their quality in relation to other brands.

What I wanted from armsleeves was the following;

1. Sun protection. I wear these while riding and was hoping they'd work in place of the sunscreen I usually slather myself with before leaving the house. As it turns out, the initial cost of these armsleeves paid for themselves within a month since I didn't have to fork over the $14.99 I usually pay for unscented, sunscreen. Sweet.

2. Stay on the arms - I was a bit worried these wouldn't stay up, that they'd puddle around my wrists the same way my thigh high stockings do, but they stayed on with minimal adjustments.

3. Itchyness - I have a super low tolerance for scratchy fabrics. With my dry skin and psoriasis, scratchy-itchy outbreaks seem to happen often, but these arm warmers weren't too bad, even on a hot day when I got sweaty, I didn't feel itchy until after I removed them.

4. Machine washable - I planned to put these arm warmers into my mesh delicates bag for washing but I forgot. They ended up in a load of towels and other whites and were washed with BLEACH! Oops. But they were totally fine! Possibly because I use a minimal amount of bleach and always wash with cold water, whatever, these are some durable arm sleeves.

Now for the downsides;

1. The spandex band on the top of the armsleeve kinda digs into the delicate skin on the upper, inner part of my arm after exercising and working up a sweat. After an hour of wearing these, I could feel it, like a nagging itch I couldn't quite reach. After two hours, I was really looking forward to removing the arm sleeves. After three hours, I ripped them off and stuffed them into my bag with a relieved smile.

2. They are sorta ugly. I got the black with a muted dark grey design and they have a kinda compression sock look about them. But function over fashion, right? No nasty sunspots or melanomas on the arms beats a tan any day!
on August 10, 2010
Product great for cool weather rides. The thermal option (warmers one up from these) would be for cold weather/ winter rides. I debated between the two, but these are perfect for Spring and Fall. Very happy with these warmers.
on November 6, 2012
I would have thought that these would be more stretchy, but they are not lycra, they're made more like socks and about as thick too. So that means they really don't stretch that well so they are difficult to put on (I've got relatively beefy arms) but once they are up they stay up, which is great! I'm not sure if the stripes and Kanji (or whatever) are reflective, but I like that there is some contrast as I usually ride in the dark and anything that helps cars see me is a plus!!!! I would definitely recommend these, very good at stopping cold wind. Also, when you throw these in the washer make sure you put them in a wash bag with your bibs because they will loose elastic and unravel otherwise!!!
on March 21, 2013
It says machine washable, but after 2 laundry trips, the upper parts of each arm warmer came unthreaded and looks like crap. It seems to have only undone the top elastic banding, but I don't want to wash them again for fear it will unravel further.

Pearl Izumi is supposed to the the expensive quality brand. I'll try the Asics next.
on May 23, 2011
I'm pretty unimpressed with these. They feel fine and stay up okay, but the seam at the top of one started to fall apart after its first trip through the washer (gentlest setting, hung to dry, like the rest of my bike gear), and a month later the other one started to go as well. Now that the one seam is completely gone, it sags and rolls down a bit; I bet the other will be doing that too soon. I'll be looking for higher quality arm warmers.
on November 18, 2013
Have a pair of ASICS that I love for "brisk" weather. Unfortunately haven't been able to locate the same item to purchase more. I bought these in medium; large might have been better, but these were so tight I didn't think large would work either. I also didn't like the tighter cuff. I typically remove the arm warmers once I'm thoroughly warmed up, and if its cool enough for arm warmers, I don't want to stand around tugging on clothing. More typical runner w leaner bodies/smaller biceps might find these OK, esp if planning to wear them the entire run/ride.
on May 5, 2013
I bought these to use in milder weather. I own a set of the PI thermal fleece arm warmers, and like them a lot. They fit well and have lasted many years. I bought these because they are lighter and don't have a fleece lining. These new ones are already unraveling inside at the stitching on both arms. I have used them probably 3 dozen times since purchasing them, and have been very careful taking them on and off. The way they are unraveling, I might only get one full season out of them. I will buy locally the next time so I can verify the stitching before paying again.