Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 211 reviews
on July 10, 2012
This is my second pair of these bike shorts. I have also tried Cannondale shorts. The Izumi's feel more like a true fit and the fabric is softer. The padding seems to be in all the right places and for dorky bike shorts, they are not bad when walking upright -- the fit stays close to your body instead of looking like you have a load in your pants. Ultimately, they are made for sitting, so you will eventually give up trying to fold them and just throw them in your drawer. I like the leg length, though some may find them a bit too long for their sense of style. I don't want my thighs rubbing on the seat. The waistline dips at the belly button, and while I don't like low-hanging pants, these are very adequate and comfortable on a 50-something body.
on September 30, 2012
A friend suggested I try Pearl Izumi bike shorts--the more panels the best. These shorts have six panels. The material is quite stretchy and the shorts are incredibly comfortable. I *am* going to buy another pair.

Finding bike clothing is a nightmare for larger women, but I definitely recommend these. I've been able to sit around at races without feeling like I needed to change ASAP. The shorts stay up while riding, aren't tight in the weirdest places, and are wonderfully comfy! It's nice not having to think about my bike shorts so I can focus more on the ride.

X-Large perfectly fits a size 16. I would suspect that it would work for sizes 14-18.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2014
These shorts are like a fresh breath of air!!! I felt so comfortable wearing them on my ride. The waist band reminds me of yoga pants so they leave room for flexibity.

I read other reviews saying these run smaller than other Pearl Izumi shorts. I am 5'4" 135 and typically wear small in Pearl Izumi due to the reviews I ordered a medium. I think that these shorts run true to size, because the medium felt a little big especially since there is more give in the waist due to waist style band.

These shorts run longer on me than other Pearl Izumi's almost hitting the top of my knee. I liked riding with the longer shorts, because I got no suntan line.

The material of the shorts felt a little slippery on my seat, but I think this will adapt over time once they are worn in.

These are a MUST buy! Good quality, comfort, and affordable price!!!
on March 18, 2013
Fabric and overall construction seem to be of very good quality, padding of the short is great. Went for a short ride (~15mi) and these were awesome, can't wait to put more miles on them :)
I am 5'7", 128lb and the got the Small which fits fine
on April 11, 2014
I would consider myself an enthusiast, which means when I get the opportunity I'm on my bike as much as possible but I'm only doing it for fun and fitness, and my main mode of transportation, not to win any races. I ordered the Quest short with this in mind - wanting to stay within my budget while still having high quality items in my cycling closet.

I am 5'9'' and 119lbs (26.5" natural waist, 34" where low-rise jeans sit, 36.5" at proper hip. Slender thighs and tooth pick calves) and the size Small fits perfectly. I've never worn a pair of cycling shorts so comfortable in my life! They rest on the skin instead of digging in. On me the waist band comes up to the bottom of my belly button but does not cover it, fully covers my iliac crest and comes up to the middle of my lower back (I do have a short torso, so YMMV). The leg bands do NOT create sausage leg and on my frame (all legs, short torso) the bands hit about 3 inches above my knee. There is also no special dance needed to get into these shorts. They slide right up with no struggle.

The material is comfortable, the short is well made, and the chammy doesn't give you that feeling of a diaper. It's obviously there (it's their "3D tour" chamois) but does not make you waddle or look like you have a saggy bum. Quite the opposite on me, in fact! These shorts are quite flattering! No muffin top! These will work great for some of my PI jerseys which are a bit short in the front.
on April 9, 2013
These shorts are perfect. The padding is enough without being a little too much and the leg grippers keep them from riding up. I'm not a real cyclist, but do spinning classes twice a week and if I wear these shorts, i'm not sore in the nether-region at all after a hard spin class. Plus the padding pretty much makes it impossible to get a camel toe.
on July 9, 2014
These are fantastic. My FAVORITE bike shorts so far!

WHY I BOUGHT THEM:
Price and reviews, mostly. For under $30, these can't be beat. I was skeptical that I'd need a Medium since a lot of bike shorts run small, but that's not the case here. I'd say it's pretty true to size. I'm about 5'5", athletic build, 120 lbs, wear size 27 jeans. Bought a Small and they fit like a DREAM. Accidentally bought two pair from Amazon, returned one, and now I'm regretting the return because they are such a great pair of shorts. Super reasonable price, too. These are my GO TO shorts from here on out. They feel really good on and aren't see through as far as I can tell, but ask the riders behind me!

NO MORE FAUX-CAMEL TOE:
The pad is a nice size and doesn't feel bulky or saggy whatsoever. One problem I've had with other brands is that the material around the pad is actually saggy, which creates a faux-camel toe look because the fabric ripples in a camel toe or uuu or uuuu shape... not very attractive and there's no way in heck I'd wear bike shorts with a faux camel toe just to be self conscious when I'm around other riders.

NO MORE SAUSAGE LEGS:
The grippies around the leg opening do a great job, aren't too tight, and don't ride up. They ALSO DO NOT GIVE ME SAUSAGE LEGS! If you don't know what "sausage legs" are, think of a machine that makes sausage links. Where the sausages are separated/pinched, that's what some bike shorts do to me. They are sometimes SO tight that the leg grippies pinch my legs and make them look like sausage. Also not quite the look I'm going for when cycling. These PI Quest shorts do NOT do that to me, and I'm very thankful for that.

Hope that helps - try these out!! :)
on July 4, 2012
I love these shorts so much, I bought another pair. I've worn them on 40 mile plus rides without any chaffing or sore butt. I'm 5'2", 120 lbs,shaped like a pear, and the small fits fine. I also bought a pearl Izumi tri suit. The padding isn't as thick on the tri suit, but it is just as comfortable.
on February 19, 2013
My previous cycling shorts had much less padding, and I really notice a difference, particularly on 40+ mile rides! I think these fit well, running true to size, and the wide waistband at the top is very comfortable -- though mine seem to land a little closer to my knee than it looks like on the model. My other comment is that I ride 100-200 miles a week for most of the season, and I alternated two pairs of these last year (trying to save money) and after seven months they still look and feel great! So the elastics in the fabric definitely hold up well to washing.
on February 24, 2014
I own several different kind of cycling shorts (different sizes, different pearl izumi models as well as other brands) and these are my favorite, by far - they are short enough to stand them on hot days but not too short so they give enough protection. The chamois is really comfy, the size fits true, the short will not ride up, the fit is tight but not overly tight and last but not least I've used them and washed them over and over and the fabric has remained intact. Will definitely buy more pairs of this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.