Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Women's Sugar Short,Black/Pink Punch,X-Small
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Color: Black/Pink Punch|Size: X-Small|Change
Price:$47.90

on September 9, 2011
I am currently trying to work up to a 20 mile ride (from basically nothing)...I took my first ride about 8 miles with no padding and can I say OUCH. I talked to my brother who told me a. I needed to get "used to being in the saddle that long" and b. I need a good pair of padded bike shorts. Begin a "beginner" I did not want to spend a fortune...so the price was what first attracted me to this pair. I was somewhat nervous about ordering "tight" shorts since I'm a size 14 but I just went with what the sizing chart told me and ordered an XL...PERFECT! I've ridden twice since I got these and it was a complete 180 from my first ride...I even added 50 lbs of weight by pulling my son in the trailer behind my bike and the cushion is amazing! I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to take long rides (and the price is great too). Well made too.
on July 18, 2011
These shorts are:
comfortable
well-fitting
don't ride up
nicely cut
good length
nice high waist (no awkward lower back sunburn...)
soft fabric
on June 28, 2011
I typically wear a size 12 and ordered a Large and it fits well. I like that the band on the thigh is a little wider and doesn't create a 'bulge' on the thigh but it still holds the short in place. The chamois is comfortable and is breathable, but it is somewhat minimal. The seams are flat and well constructed. Overall a good biking/spinning short and am happy with the purchase.
on February 22, 2011
Love these shorts in terms of the comfort; however, the elastic banding can be quite uncomfortable. I'm hoping to take these to a tailor to remove the elastic to mimic more of a Louis Garneau waist line.
on February 25, 2013
I recently got into a cycling routine for both weight loss and trail adventures. I was complaining after 11 miles that my butt went numb and one of my friends recommended padded bike shorts. After reading the reviews on amazon and then finding an inexpensive first pair I choose the Pearl Izumi Women's Sugar Short.

Things I love:
Decent padding for my long 30 mile daily rides
Keeps me dry
Shorts don't ride up while I'm giving the trails hell allowing me to focus on my workout
Looks cute with my tank tops (cute workout clothes give me another reason to workout LOL!)
Run true to size (I'm a Large in similar shorts and wear a size 12-14 in jeans)

Things that need improvement:
It does feel like a pamper but I could justify the feeling if there was even more padding
After 30 miles my butt still goes numb

Overall I gave them a 5 star and will be purchasing more pairs soon!
on September 25, 2013
These were very comfy. I wear them for my sprint triathlons, and they are perfect. I was worried about running in them, because the chamois padding is thicker than my other shorts I had - but after wearing them to train a few times, I didn't even notice them.
They did great for the swim, the bike, and the run, and they stayed right where they were supposed to - no riding up.
I didn't give them 5 stars, because the chamois takes a while to dry. Every other part had dried, but the crotch. If you wear them for just cycling, they will be perfect, but if you do multi-sports like me, just be aware it will take your crotch a bit longer to dry.
on February 8, 2013
These are definitely the most comfortable biking shorts I've ever owned. The low cut waist is nice for biking and the padding is just right. I can easily spends an hour on my spin bike in these without any soreness afterward!

I am a size 14 and have always found that Izumi products run small, so I ordered an XXL. These are very loose, but I am going to keep them anyway because they are so comfortable.
on November 6, 2013
I've tried other brands and hesitated to spend so much on Pearl Izumi shorts, but I'm glad I did. They keep me comfortable on 10-20 mile rides, and the grippy bands on the legs work great to keep them in place without being annoying.
on October 1, 2014
The pad's a little too think, but I've quickly come to learn that it's very difficult to find a pair of cycling shorts that have a well-designed chamois pad for women. I guess the manufacturers think we need to be sitting on something the size of a pillow? These shorts are great and I love the length, but I don't recommend them for a ride over 30-40 miles unless you plan to stand and pedal the rest of the way. This super firm, thick pad will crush your lady parts after a while.
on September 26, 2012
I bought these for my wife as a birthday present and she loves them! She is about 5' tall and was looking for a short that wan't "too long" given her height and leg length. I based my decision primarily on the positive reviews and I'm glad I chose these - and so is my wife! After a couple of rides she is very happy with the fit and comfort - and the length. I can't speak to the durability at this point, but the quality is very good at the start.