|Model||Euro License Plate Adapter for Pearl RearVision|
|Item Weight||5.9 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||12.4 x 5.6 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||PREA100US|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||Yes|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PREA100US|
|Cover Included||Euro License Plate Adapter|
3 Year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Pearl RearVision with Euro Adapter Kit
Compare with similar items
Garmin BC 40, Wireless Backup Camera, Works with Compatible Garmin Navigators
VanTop H610 10" 2.5K Mirror Dash Cam for Cars with Full Touch Screen, Waterproof Backup Camera Rear View Mirror Camera, Enhanced Night Vision with Sony Starvis Sensor, Parking Assistance
Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera
Rear View Backup Car Camera - Screen Monitor System w/ Parking and Reverse Assist Safety Distance Scale Lines, Waterproof & Night Vision, 7" LCD video Color Display for Vehicles - Pyle PLCM7500
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||VanTop Direct||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Style||Euro License Plate Adapter||Backup Camera||Wired||Backup Camera||Camera|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
RearVision installs easily on most cars, but some models need a little help. For Audi, Jeep Wrangler (2007 - present), VW Jetta (2011 - present) and Volvo cars, choose from the appropriate configuration above.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- yes, the image quality is very good
- the guidelines, initial 'ripple' alert and the final red alert work well (already saved me once)
- very high quality build - even the package opening experience suggests quality.
- it's great to have a backup camera without retrofitting a wired solution.
- the two supplied phone mount options are very good - I use the removable vent mounting
- I emailed Pearl support twice - got prompt and helpful responses.
- As Pearl improves the system, the app gets updated automatically
- the main 'con' is that, for my car, the license plate illumination lights cast their beam diagonally across the Pearl RearVision camera lenses. The little 'eyebrow' above the top 1/3 of each lens only stops half of this illumination, which causes quite a bright 'flare' in the viewing screen. I'm working on a 'hack' to fix this: I've played with sticking thin dark colored filters (blue and red work best) over the illumination lights, but they also 'color' the license plate - don't want to attract the police unnecessarily. I think a film of polarized window tint film will work. last ditch solution will be to glue extra 'eyebrows' to the sides of the camera lenses (but that'll resume some of their wide-angle view capacity). I'd love Pearl to give me their solution.
- yes, it's initially expensive, but you don't have to pay a shop to install a wired system, possibly messing up your carpets or the car's electrical error-sensing system in doing so, and the app is free.
- I occasionally have to turn the phone's Bluetooth off and back on to get the camera to connect to the phone.
- the auto-activation of the app when you put the phone on the mount has only been working half of the time.
- you have to activate the system (one click on the phone's screen) each time you need it - it doesn't automatically activate when you shift into reverse.
- I understand why the camera turns off at 10 mph, but I wish it would automatically turn back on when speed drops below the 10 mph cutoff (or perhaps when stopped) - that's an unnecessary extra click
1. well packaged, and made of quality parts. Hardware is excellent, camera quality. low light viewing. etc
2. installs easy for standard cars with typical mounting brackets
3. easy to use software, comes with a charged battery
4. software is intuitive, but not fully complete
1. you cannot change the wifi name, so if you are at home and connected to the internet via wifi from your home, it needs to manually switch over
or rely on blue tooth.
2. depending on your bumper, if the plate bracket is below the bumper, can not see anything as "reference" and hard to gauge the width of the car
3. software needs the adjustable parking lines so the user can mark the width of the car in the app
Received 06/16. Sending back.
Really want to give it a 2.5 🌟
1. Very easy installation.
2. Very easy setup.
3. Clear crisp image no lag.
4. I was able to drive at regular speed and be able to see behind me for quite some time. In fact I used it so much it drained pretty quick.
5. Guidelines are useful but should be a different color to differentiate real parking lines.
6. Quality product feels sturdy well made. Even the box presentation is like wow.
7. Very nice looking license plate. (I could do without the pearl logo)
8. Security screw is a nice touch. Looks like a hex key but it's not. It's quite unique and only way I see to take it off is to try to pry it off but would most likely break the pearl.
9. Panoramic view is awesome and I think the gives the best view.
1. Had to start the app manually. (Note 3 rooted)
2. Can't add custom apps to the menu. Maps and Waze are awesome. But should add better music players. (Poweramp FTW)
3. Paranoia...looks purdy and looks tempting to steal.
4. Rear end collision...bye bye pearl.
5. My license plate lights drown out the image.
6. The price. 543.00 exactly. Pearl should start automatically. I should not have to use a "special" magnet for the app to start. And even then why does pearl need my location to start automatically with the magnet?
I think for 200 bucks this would be a definite win. I just can't accept the price of 543. Overall it seems like a good product just not for me. The reason behind this purchase was to avoid going to a shop getting my truck pulled apart and drilled on. Oh well you get what you pay for. Gonna get the OEM backup camera instead.
The Pearl RearVision resolves the pain of having to install a hardwired backup-camera. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced this product provides the value for its cost.
1) Easy install and quick setup. No drilling. No wires. Simple instructions.
2) The most difficult part was deciding where to stick the phone mount on my dash.
1) The Pearl app does not engage when vehicle is placed in reverse, which is odd for a product priced so high.
2) App lags on start-up, meaning I've usually finished parking before the video feed comes up.
3) Video feed occasionally cuts out while backing up.
4) Object sensor is hit-or-miss; I tested this by backing in towards a traffic cone and managed to bump it a few times.