|Item Weight||3.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||13.8 x 8 x 3.3 inches|
|Item model number||P100|
|Manufacturer Part Number||P100|
|Cover Included||Camera Frame and Bracket, Locking Tool, Car Adapter (for OBD port), Phone Mount, Magnetic Phone Plates, Cleaning Wipe|
Pearl RearVision Wireless Car Backup Camera and Obstacle Alert System, Dual HD Reverse Camera for Car or Truck
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WIRELESS BACKUP CAMERA: No need for professional installation or additional hardware, the Pearl Backup Camera installs in minutes, and launching the Pearl App transforms your car license plate into a camera and your phone into a rearview screen and proximity alert system
- AUDIBLE/VISUAL PARKING AID: The rear view camera sensors alert you when obstacles enter your car or truck's path, giving you the help you need to back up with confidence
- CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS: This back up camera helps you peek around corners by switching from normal to super-wide views and pivoting 140 degrees left and right
- NIGHT VISION CAPABILITY: The rear car camera provides stunning clarity in low-light conditions with its infrared HD camera
- DURABLE AND WATERPROOF CAR CAMERA: The weatherproof and theft-resistant camera frame protects the parking camera's dual HD cameras
- LICENSE PLATE COMPATIBILITY: RearVision installs easily on most cars, but some models need a little help. For Audi, Jeep Wrangler (2007 - Present), VW Jetta (2011 - Present) and Volvo cars please choose from the appropriate Style configuration above.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Upgrade your car in minutes with Pearl RearVision, the only wireless backup camera & obstacle alert system that turns your phone into your rearview screen. Solar powered and theft-resistant, it provides super-wide, controllable views of what’s behind your car. Comes with a 3-year warranty.
What’s in the Box is:
From the Manufacturer
Backup with confidence with the only wireless backup camera and alert system that turns your phone into your rearview screen. You can get a super-wide rear view, control your views, see and hear what’s coming with obstacle alerts, and all installed without wires, in minutes.
RearVision teams sophisticated hardware with intelligent software to stream super-wide, up to 180° views of what’s behind your car, right to your phone. Cutting-edge stereo-vision algorithms power obstacle alerts warning you when objects, cars and people are in your path .
Camera sensors, coupled with advanced image processing, detect obstacles as they enter your path, triggering visual alerts that limit surprises. And becomes a great co-pilot when parking.
Customize your RearVision experience – in portrait or landscape. Even adjust the cameras’ angles to get your best view.
Switch from normal to super-wide views and pan left-to right to peek around corners.
(1) Install the theft-resistant Camera Frame around your license plate .  (2) Plug the Car Adapter into your OBD port
(3) Attach Phone Mount .  (4) Download the Pearl App, pair it with your RearVision, and launch it.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Easy. Safe. Connected.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Automobiles are out of touch with the rest of the technology in our lives. We believe the latest automotive technology should be available to every driver – whether they have a new car or not.
What makes your product special?
Pearl RearVision is the first step in reshaping the way we look at features in our cars. It combines sophisticated hardware and intelligent software that learns and adapts automatically.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
We met at Apple, where we developed game-changing products. Our world-class team at Pearl brings the same passion to automotive through advanced & continually improving driver assistance technology.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
- yes, the image quality is very good
- the guidelines, initial 'ripple' alert and the final red alert work well (already saved me once)
- very high quality build - even the package opening experience suggests quality.
- it's great to have a backup camera without retrofitting a wired solution.
- the two supplied phone mount options are very good - I use the removable vent mounting
- I emailed Pearl support twice - got prompt and helpful responses.
- As Pearl improves the system, the app gets updated automatically
- the main 'con' is that, for my car, the license plate illumination lights cast their beam diagonally across the Pearl RearVision camera lenses. The little 'eyebrow' above the top 1/3 of each lens only stops half of this illumination, which causes quite a bright 'flare' in the viewing screen. I'm working on a 'hack' to fix this: I've played with sticking thin dark colored filters (blue and red work best) over the illumination lights, but they also 'color' the license plate - don't want to attract the police unnecessarily. I think a film of polarized window tint film will work. last ditch solution will be to glue extra 'eyebrows' to the sides of the camera lenses (but that'll resume some of their wide-angle view capacity). I'd love Pearl to give me their solution.
- yes, it's initially expensive, but you don't have to pay a shop to install a wired system, possibly messing up your carpets or the car's electrical error-sensing system in doing so, and the app is free.
- I occasionally have to turn the phone's Bluetooth off and back on to get the camera to connect to the phone.
- the auto-activation of the app when you put the phone on the mount has only been working half of the time.
- you have to activate the system (one click on the phone's screen) each time you need it - it doesn't automatically activate when you shift into reverse.
- I understand why the camera turns off at 10 mph, but I wish it would automatically turn back on when speed drops below the 10 mph cutoff (or perhaps when stopped) - that's an unnecessary extra click
1. well packaged, and made of quality parts. Hardware is excellent, camera quality. low light viewing. etc
2. installs easy for standard cars with typical mounting brackets
3. easy to use software, comes with a charged battery
4. software is intuitive, but not fully complete
1. you cannot change the wifi name, so if you are at home and connected to the internet via wifi from your home, it needs to manually switch over
or rely on blue tooth.
2. depending on your bumper, if the plate bracket is below the bumper, can not see anything as "reference" and hard to gauge the width of the car
3. software needs the adjustable parking lines so the user can mark the width of the car in the app
High quality is evident from packaging to product. Item itself appears to be well constructed and doe appear/feel cheap. Great look even on high-end vehicles, I personally mounted on a Porsche 911 and it looks fine. Only thing is I could do without the Pearl logo but very minor issue for me as it is easily concealed . Very simple set up, takes less than 30 minutes in total. Don't forget to charge it with included micro USB initially but even if you do, takes all of 30 sec to remove the frame and charge afterwards. After the initial charge out of the box, I haven't needed to charge it via USB and my car is garaged. Solar charging seems to provide adequate charge with normal vehicle use. Once paired and functioning, image quality does not disappoint. Have been using for 6 weeks and only had 2 instances where the app took more than 5 seconds to auto-load (using the included magnetic mount). Regarding the mount, it is fairly secure and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6+. Only had the phone slip once while crossing a very rough railroad track. Back to image quality, during daylight camera produces a very clear image (imagine a HD tv). At night, depending on your vehicle, the image can be washed out some from vehicle reverse lights. Also, if there is water on the lenses, raining for example, it does present a problem but this would be the case with even an OEM back-up camera so you cant really fault the Pearl system. Image angle/view can be easily changed by tapping on the picture, either left or right side, changes the camera angle to give more of the respective sides view. Also, can adjust the camera up and down slightly through the app.
Overall, if you are looking for a very simple install without needing a pro shop or altering your car in anyway you cant go wrong. Yes, there are cheaper wireless systems but I strongly feel you get what you pay for. I am using it on a convertible with a massive blind spot and backing out can be like playing Russian roulette. I needed a system that would always be operational and this has delivered thus far. Price wise, it would be a home-run at $299 for EVERYONE but I was willing to give it a try due to 30 day full refund policy. I do not regret my purchase even at $500.
Most recent customer reviews
They should've disclosed...Read more
Received 06/16. Sending back.
Really want to give it a 2.5 🌟
1. Very easy installation.
2. Very easy setup.