Pearl iZUMi Men's Select Road Road Cycling Shoe
|Price:||$44.45 - $54.99|
|Fits as expected||
- Synthetic leather
- Synthetic sole
- Please use the vendor size chart to determine the EU to US size conversion. Please be aware that there may be some inconsistencies in the US sizing conversion indicated in the shoe tongue label; the EU size is accurate, but the US conversion may not be.
- SELECT 1:1 Power Plate: SELECT grade nylon and composite fiber plate for lightweight stiffness and durability
- 1:1 Anatomic Buckle Closure
- SELECT 1:1 Heel Cup: with integrated Molded Power Band for benchmark heel hold and power transfer
- SELECT Insole provides excellent longitudinal and transverse arch support
- Compatible with SPD and all Look pedal systems
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Season: Year-round items
- Type/Intended use: Race
- Closure system: 3 Velcro fastenings
- Weight: 265 g
- Material: 50% Polyester, 50% Nylon
- product specific size information: Normal Cut
- Pedal systems:
Pearl iZUMi PURE run is what happens when you re-think the running experience from the ground up. A starting point not rooted in '70s folklore or industry dogma, but in simply creating better running products. The Pearl iZUMi design process has no constraints based on that's-the-way-everyone-does-it thinking or complex techno mumbo-jumbo. Pearl iZUMi PURE run is simply a better way of designing products. All Pearl iZUMi products are created based on a philosophy of no complexity and no compromise. The result is out-of-the-box comfort you can see and feel. This is PURE run.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B002L6HACW
- Item model number: 5767
- Date first listed on Amazon: March 12, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I also think the pleather feels pretty cheap on these shoes.
The Velcro holds well. The fit is as expected. I have wide feet so I went up a size.
I ride a Specialized Roubaix SL4. But I may be more of a mountain bike shoe type person. I use my bike for commuting in addition to 20 mile rides.
These shoes have held up well for almost 4 years. So the durability is good. The foot bed is firm, and the power stroke is acceptable.
I think for the price, these shoes are fine for short and intermediate rides. But you won’t want to go over 15 miles for sure. The last 5 miles of a 20 mile ride are painful.
I normally wear a 44 (10 1/2) for cycling shoes, but frequently have to be careful of my purchases due to my feet being somewhat wide. Overall I'm happy with the fit, my feet aren't going to be sliding back and forth in these shoes and they're not crushing the sides of my feet.
My only complaint is the height of the shoe. I have fairly high arches and these are definitely cut low. If I went up a size to get more vertical room my foot would be sliding all over the place, but as it is I feel like the straps are only partly connecting to the velcro. Since I only plan to use these in spin class I'm thinking that's not going to be a problem, but I probably would not be apt to go put my road cleats on and take these out on the trail. I'd just be a bit worried about a strap coming loose on me while cranking away on the trail.
I only hope they clean up easy as well, but at these prices, it's easy to get another pair. My LBS wanted $140.00 for this same style and brand, although in black.
Remedied by removing the padded sole.
Now they are the proper height and width for my foot--and seeing as I won't ever be walking in them, the sole isn't going to be missed, and was put into my other pair of Pearl Izumis, which are mountainbike type shoes.
But, I won't lie, if you are going to be buying this, definitely keep it a tick or two above what you need. Or, better yet, go to a bikeshop and find a shoe that fits your foots width and length properly--the height shouldn't be much of an issue, as it happened to be in my case. I like these a lot, but I would have sized them up on or two more if I'd known they would fit so short.
I wear a EU 42 (US 9) in almost every other shoe brand (Time, Sportiva, Lake, Ecco), and the Pearl Izumi 43 is roughly the same fit. Snug, but very comfortable. If you're not sure, just get the next largest size. If you wear a half size, you may want to go up a size and a half to be on the safe side.
Other than that, you'll love these shoes.