Pearl iZUMi Men's Em Trail N3 Trail Running Shoe
|Price:||$44.99 - $135.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Fits as expected||
- 52% Textile/48% Rubber
- Rubber sole
- Spring/summer 2024
- Seamless upper delivers improved mid-foot fit and the anatomical forefoot shape allows for natural forefoot splay and foot swelling
- 1:1 energy foam rim & core midsole construction puts soft cushioning under your entire foot
- Ess forefoot rock plate protects feet against stone bruising and rock push-through, aggressive, multi-directional carbon rubber outsole offers superb traction and abrasion resistance
- Dynamic offset: 4mm at initial contact to 7.5mm at mid-stance, heel stack height: 30mm (includes midsole, outsole and eva strobel board)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
An ultra-runner dream shoe that feels like heaven underfoot, mile upon mile upon mile.
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B017UDNTFC
- Item model number: EM TRAIL N 3-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Comfort & Ride- The EM N3 is indeed a nice comfortable pair of trail shoes! The positives are- the seamless uppers are nice & meshed. Not as fantastically cool & it does get somewhat warm; but not hot. There are plenty of lace holes to give you that heel lock, but i find the laces kind of presses on the top of my foot - pretty much because the tongue is thinner than most runners- as a result, if you size up too much, you will have problems tightening the shoe. It is also not a gusseted tongue, so gaiter up. The ride is definitely nice and secure. I ran a nice 10k and did not find myself stumbling or having problems with sudden direction changes. However, I would say its not as cush & running on as much or the energy returned back as the EM foam claims its suppose to have. A firm ride does translate to it being rather responsive. I use to run in Inov8s and minimal trail shoes, so this is a welcome going downhill for a change.
Lugs- forget about running this in mud. It wont hold. The lugs are very small & will do well on dry rocky trails. I would definitely like to see a more aggressive thread but it is what it is & PI is not making any more of these. I bought 2 pairs since they are cheap & I cant get them anymore. :)
Definitely happy with my purchases. Do get them while you can. But becareful if you have low volume feet- for the deep heels & the sizing, since the laces do eat into the top of your feet. Overall, it is a well built light buffed up shoe :)
<EDITED A lot of kilometers later>
Downgraded to 4 stars. Even after all that pounding, the shoe looks as new as before! Amazing stuff this N3. However, I have to admit, it gave me plantar faciitis. The last 100+ race saw me limping badly & emerged with badly swelled up plantar tendons, no thanks to the shallow support the N3 provides. Arch support is definitely lacking & you will need custom insoles if you have higher archs.
However, I m pleased to say the shoe has broken in well :) Traction is surprisingly good with non-muddy terrain. I still love my N3s, just hate the support
Just discovered Pearl Izumi is leaving the shoe biz. So disappointing. Dropped to four stars.
- Aesthetically, they make the area at the balls your feet really wide, this made my feet look so much bigger than they actually are. If you are into square toes boots and dinosaur feet, this might be for you. Also the seam in the middle of the toe is ugly in person, they should have left it like in older models where it was just about the right length and stay under the toes.
- Comfortable wise, these are comfortable than other brand I tried but comparing to the N1, they are not as comfy. N1 has the most comfortable fit I've ever worn and still is my favorite. I already bought about 5 pairs of them to stock up.