Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,749 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,823 reviews
on May 20, 2016
I'm 6 foot, 225 lbs, 36" waist - Large size fit well. Waist fit perfect but they were slightly tight at the bottom of the shorts (just above the knee).

I'm leaving pictures of the shorts and the tags simply because no one else has done so and I would have rather seen them prior to purchasing them.
22 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2013
I'm 50 years old and have been cycling in earnest for over 25 years (following 25 years of youthful bicycling). I've worn LOTS of shorts over the years (including wool shorts with a leather chamois), and I can say that Pearl Izumi's Quest shorts are the good stuff. I wore mine for the first time yesterday for my regular 26-mile loop. Based on this maiden voyage, I feel that the Quest shorts will be comfortable for long rides (100+ miles) to come. The only unknown quantity is how long they will last. Only time will tell. But the material and the stitching seem excellent; I just hope that the makers used quality enough thread that it won't break down too soon.

I bought these for the very reasonable price of $50, and now I see they are even cheaper at $40, so I'm headed over to buy a few more pairs. At these prices, you can't go wrong.

A word of advice: whatever shorts you use (Quest or otherwise), avoid the washing machine as much as you can. When you return from a ride, simply wash your shorts by hand with mild soap (I use Dr. Bronner's) and plenty of water (paying particular attention to the crotch pad), and rinse them well. Hang to dry. My shorts go in the washer only after several rides. I get very long life out of my shorts in this way.

- - - - - -

Now a few days later. These shorts went on sale AND I got more of a discount for signing up for Amazon's credit card, so I basically got these at half-price. I bought four more pairs. Happy happy. These are good shorts. Will wear them till they drop of fatigue.
22 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2017
Fair disclosure, I will never be confused with a rider in the peloton. An older than dirt 70 this year, I ride 15 miles 4-5 days a week. Old rear needed better padding so I looked for new shorts. These were a 'name' brand and moderately priced. Lots of cheaper shorts lots way more expensive.

The reviews were decent or better though there always seems to be a 1 Star malcontent. So I bought them. Work perfectly for my riding ability and comfort needs. 5'11" 155 and Levi's 33x32. The size Large is perfect for me.
on May 15, 2017
Short rant: People are writing that the fit is too small. If you have fat or large legs order 'Large'. I'm a medium, I ordered a medium, they fit like a tight medium. They are supposed to be tight to your skin, and they are.

Here is my official review: A good biking short is generally $70 - 120 each. At this price you can't ask for much. In fact they are actually pretty nice! the crotch is snug but not too tight. I don't want a baggy crotch that will move around during long rides. They don't.

I'm 180lb, my ideal weight is 168lb. That in mind the legs are slightly tight, but absolutely within the realm of medium sizing. The rise (belt line) is very high on these. This is the weirdest part of these shorts. They are cut like mom jeans! They could be cut 2.5" shorter. Waist band tension is nice, not too loose (I have a Levis 32" waist.) padding is fine.

Over all for an average medium sized guy, I give these 4 stars. I would give them 5 stars if they weren't cut like prenatal waist stretch pants.

I love fat guys. That in mind, if you are chubby, medium will not work for you get something bigger.
on December 17, 2015
I am not an avid biker but I do enjoy a good 25-50 mile bike ride. I am 6 feet tall with a waist size of about 31 inches. As far as the waist goes, these fit great. I would say that my thigh muscles are just above average as far as diameter goes. These are a little tight around the thigh but not tight enough where I can not wear and bike in it. I have worn them a handful of times and the tightness after a bike ride has not bothered me.

Pros:
One of the features on these bike shorts that I really like is the silicon lining on the end on the thigh which prevents the bike shorts from riding up your leg. I do not know if all bike shorts have this but I would image the cheap brands probably do not have this.

The seat pad is probably the main reason you would consider buying bike shorts. I think the seat pad built into these shorts are great. It is thick enough to provide enough comfort for long rides but it also does not look ridiculous when you are walking around. If you have never worn bike shorts before, the pad will feel a little awkward, but it sure beats having your underside be sore for a couple days.

Overall: Comfortable bike shorts that do their job of cushioning your behind. Lots of avid bike riders swear by Pearl iZUMi which is why I decided to go with this brand. It have been over a year since I have had these shorts and they are still in great condition. I would recommend these to other bikers.
on February 1, 2016
The shorts appear to be well made, it's just that they're incredibly tight. I own 2 pairs of LG Canari, and 1 pair LG EMS brand and those fit great. I am 6', 225#, very muscular legs. I tried the iZumi in both LG and XL and couldn't get them on my thighs without cutting off the circulation. The only difference with the XL was that it was too loose in the waist, but no bigger in the legs. If you have a slender athletic build, these may work fine.
on June 6, 2017
I bought a few pairs of these because Pearl Izumi is really high quality and great to reduce the likelihood of chafing. Very comfortable too! Pearl Izumi is one of the leading manufacturers of cycling clothing apparel, and once you've tried this on you instantly understand why. This is very high quality, well constructed, comfortable, with excellent padding.

I recommend cold washing and hanging to dry. I'm not sure why, but think this seems to make these last longer, as I've gone through several pairs, and learned the hard way.
on June 14, 2017
Everything but the chamois padding seems fine. The size, leg length, and waist fit according to their chart. For me, the chamois padding is more like felt cloth. No way similar to any other bike pants I have owned. The seam stitching has no transition so this leaves an area that ended up rubbing on sides of scrotum causing significant discomfort within first 15-miles. Obviously, once worn, no return is permitted so either these go in the trash or maybe we get brave and try other chamois creams.
on April 16, 2016
The quality is excellent but I would recommend sizing up unless you're at or below the range as listed in the sizing guide. I am only 128 pounds and 5' 7" tall and the small is a real struggle for me. I find this item in size S to be too tight all over.
on July 5, 2017
I went for my first bike ride without cycling shorts and you can guess the story afterwards. So, I started looking for biking shorts, something having a good rating and not very expensive. I came across these and found good reviews.I have to say that the product actually matched the product rating. I am 5'8", 160 pounds and 32" waist. I ordered medium size and they fit perfectly. I go for 3-4 hours bike rides and they are very comfortable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.