Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $1.96 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pebeo Porcelaine 150 China Paint 45-Milliliter Bottle, Chalkboard Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.58. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- The 46 intermixable colors are available in 45ml bottles: 35 deep and glossy transparent colors, 10 particularly opaque and covering shimmer colors with iridescent effects, and 1 chalkboard effect color; the colors have excellent light fastness
- The paint is tack free in a few minutes, and fully dry after a minimum of 24-hours; once fully dry, it may be baked for 35 minutes in a domestic oven at 150-degree c (300-degree f) for an enameled finish and dishwasher resistance
- The porcelaine 150 paint can be applied on porcelain, china, glazed earthenware, terracotta, metal, enameled sheet steel, copper and glass
- To thin the colors, use the Porcelaine 150 thinner; For brush application, it is recommended to use Pebeo Cobra deco or Iris brushes; Clean brushes with soapy water
- Once baked according to the instructions on the bottle, the colors are permanent, microwave safe, uv resistant and have remarkable resistance to dishwashing and to normal detergents
- Available in 35 deep, glossy transparent colors; 10 opaque and covering shimmer colors with iridescent effects; and 1 chalkboard effect color
- The paint is tack free in a few minutes, and fully dry after a minimum of 24-hours
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Porcelaine 150 chalkboard paint is a medium in the line of 46 brilliant, intense colors for use on china, porcelain, tile, metal, ceramic, glass and more. The chalkboard paint is a black matte paint with the properties of an actual chalkboard. Once baked, the chalkboard paint may be used as a real chalkboard with chalk. Chalk may be wiped clean and reapplied time after time. The entire line of Porcelaine 150 includes 35 standard colors, including 4 metallic colors and 10 Shimmer colors, as well as several mediums including the NEW chalkboard paint, 10 dimensional colors and 18 markers. All colors are water based and non-toxic. They are intermixable and blendable with each other to achieve limitless tones. They are also completely removable until baked in a kitchen oven at 300 F/150 C for 30 minutes. Once baked, the paint is permanent, microwave and dishwasher safe as well as UV and solvent resistant. Conforms to ASTM D-4236.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, clean the area to be painted with rubbing alcohol and allow to air-dry.
I recommend doing two coats in opposite directions: Paint the area with horizontal strokes. Let dry one hour. Paint the area with vertical strokes. We found that a small paintbrush, rather than a sponge brush, was the better tool for the job.
Allow to sit for at least a day. We waited four days because the colored enamel paints we were using on the mug required four days before baking. (Michael's has every color you could want, except chalk board)
When baking, put the mugs in the oven, set a timer for a half hour, turn on the oven to 325 F. After the half hour, turn off the oven and let the mugs cool in the cooling oven.
When the mugs are cool, you have to prime the chalkboard by rubbing chalk all over the board in two directions before buffing it off. Now the chalkboard is ready to use.
That's it! Our mug went through a regular dishwasher cycle just fine, and was easy to write on with chalk. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the paint worked.
In terms of area, we painted six mugs and used a little more than half the bottle of paint -- and a six year old did much of the painting -- so you might be able to squeeze a little more out than we did :-)
2 coats seems to work well. Regular chalk works well on these surfaces. I have had chalk markers stain.
Because the paint is water based, I have also been able to completely wash it off of a mug when I didn't like how it looked. (This is prior to curing the painted ceramic in the oven. After the mug has been baked, the paint will not wash off.)
1) Absolutely give this product plenty of time to dry before applying a second coat. You'll want to do at least 2 coats, if not 3.
2) Use a nice, clean and wide brush when painting.
3) The paint spreads well, but it has to go on pretty thick. If you're not sure if one bottle will do the trick, it's best to order 2.
4) Follow all instructions listed on the bottle and you should be good to go!