Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

89%
11%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2015
Peef is Santa's helper, created from the favorite fabrics of all the elves. Every year he accompanies Santa on his journey and while he loves his life with Santa, he dreams of a life with a child.

Peef is one of our favorite Christmas stories. We read it every year. My children never tire of hearing it and my teenage son reads it aloud as part of our Christmas story tradition every Christmas Eve. It is heartwarming and tender and will bring a tear to your eye. The illustrations are gorgeous. You can go to the author's website and purchase an actual stuffed bear. We love our Peef and Christmas isn't Christmas until Peef has joined our family.
on March 16, 2017
I love this book! I bought it as a gift. My Grandmother used to read this on Christmas Eve before she passed away. So to find this I was so pleased. It was wonderful to read it again.
on February 6, 2013
So cute and you must buy the "Peef" books to understand the meaning. They'll make adults cry and children laugh. Even though my kids are 19 and 20 now, Peef has become a holiday tradition and a treasured holiday memory. Perfect for any child, even us adults who still have a child's heart! A great way to start a holiday tradition with your children, grandchildren or any special little one in your life. My children were given a "Peef" when they were three and now I'm continuing the tradition by giving this gift to my young niece.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2003
My daughter received both the book and the bear as a baby gift, from my aunt who owns a store that sells only teddy bears! That alone says something about the special story of Peef, who loves Santa too much to ask to be given away to a little girl or boy, and Santa, who loves Peef enough to know without being told. This is my favorite children's book, and one of my daughter's favorites, too. The little Peef teddy bear, however, is absolutely her favorite, and has been since she was 9 months old. He is a perfect size for little hands to hold, and is much loved and well-traveled. A copy of the book and the bear is my usual choice for a baby gift, and I am ordering another bear to keep as a "spare"--I am terrified my daughter's bear is going to be lost, and we will never sleep again.
on January 2, 2016
Love this book by my favorite author and illustrator ! Arrived in time for Christmas delivery....Thanks! ....Will also be ordering more books by them as well as a "Peef plush".
on December 31, 2012
This is a great story and Peef the bear is adorable. I only wish they had the gift package of bear and book that they originally had when it was first published. We have used this for a grandchild who is now 18 (when he was young) and now for another generation of grandchildren who just turned 4 as well as several grandchildren in between. We want them all to consider it part of their holiday tradition.
on January 23, 2017
Sweet touching story. I got a little teary eyed the first time I read it!
on December 3, 2011
I love this book and just bought another to use as a gift. My children ask me to read it every Christmas time when I pull it out of storage. It is a touching and heart warming story about a special bear that Santa makes himself and grows to love. At the end, Santa does a very selfless deed that gets me crying every time! I recommend this story because it keeps the younger ones' interest as well as send a positive message.
on February 2, 2015
I had the little teddy bear and have it to my son. When I saw the book I had to get it. The story is cute but unlike his other books he didn't want to hear it over and over... Maybe I should be glad. Lol
on November 10, 2016
Love this book so much I ordered Peef Bear to go with it.