Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Peek-A Who?
Format: Board book|Change

on October 31, 2017
Love this book. The first one was chewed up over the years, so I had to buy another one for my little one. It was a favorite of both my kids at some point. Appropriate for 0-2.5 years.
on August 20, 2016
Our 13 month old son loves this book. We've had it for months now and it's still one of his favorites. One big reason why is that the cutouts allow him to easily carry the book around and turn the pages. He's extremely independent and becomes frustrated when he can't do something himself. With this book, he can sit in my lap as I read it and he flips it as much as he wants. It also helps that he loves owls! Bonus: The mirror in the back always gets my son super excited and he likes making faces at himself.
on January 5, 2013
I am very happy with this book, and so are my grandchildren, who are 18 months and seven months. The toddler boy especially gets a kick out of it. It is small, but not too small; it ; is simple, but it is ingenious. Each page has a peek-a hole through which one can see a pattern with a clue to the suprise on the next page. I like that it has holes, but no flaps because the boy tends to tear the flap ones up and so you have to keep them up high where the kiddos can't reach them, which sort of defeats the purpose of a board book. This one is the right size for him to carry around, and hold, and page through. One of the reviewers downgraded it for the utter simplicity, but, really, that is the beauty of it. It keeps the attention of small ones and "busy toddlers" who have little patience for long-winded stories, and you can have fun hamming it up with suprised tones and sound effects. Here's the story: Page one and two: Peek-a- (then hole showing something spotted)2. MOOOO (a cow) on next two page spread; Peek-a (hole reveals a mysterious something)--BOOO (it's a ghost), 3. Peek-a- (look through hole), turn page--CHOO-CHOO (it's a train). Kids this age usually have at least one type of train toy so this expands on that concept, and language experimentation with the chug-a-chug-a choo-choo sounds. My son, who is a linguist and a connoisseur of kiddie lit agrees, this book is brilliant. Have fun with it, and I bet your LO's will, too.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this book as a second copy to have at my house for my grandson. I bought him a copy for home and it's become one of his favorite nap time books! He gets so excited when it gets to the end and he sees the "surprise". Nina Laden is a wonderful children's author and has a grasp of what it takes to get a little one to smile and clap their hands in joy! I highly recommend this book!
on November 10, 2013
My 12 month old son was not really into reading (or being read to, I suppose is more accurate) when I purchased this, and I bought it specifically due to the recommendations here on Amazon and I'm glad I did. This book was helpful in capturing his attention with the short, rhyming, repeating sounds: Who, Zoo, Boo, Choo-choo, You! He also liked being able to grab the hole in the page with his hand to turn the page. He gets very excited when I bring it out to read - more so than other books. I try to read it with a very animated voice as well - this helps emphasize the rhyming, etc. I'd recommend as a great board book!

As a result of success reading to him with this book, I have tried to find other books that emphasize rhymes and fun sounds. I also recommend "Sounds Funny" and "The Little Blue Truck." I'm sure there are other books that emphasize sounds (made by the reader, not by electronics, I should add), but those are the ones we also have and he enjoys.
on October 9, 2017
Really simple book, but my son loves it, And he can "read" the whole thing. Je loves the mirror at the end.
on November 15, 2017
This is a fun book. Perfect size. It will be a great Christmas gift for my 3 yr old grandson.
on June 5, 2017
Baby saw it at thall store and carried it around. Found better price here and likes to be read.
on January 21, 2017
This is just one of the best baby board books ever. The rhyme is adorable. Its small size makes it easy for a 1 year old to hold. We repeat this one often in our home. It's a must own in the beginning of your child's love for books and reading!
on March 22, 2017
One of our very favorite books! My 2 year old is obsessed and loves to finish the sentences for me. Fun, easy read.