Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Peek-A Who?
Format: Board book|Change

on November 16, 2017
First of all, I give 5 stars to the concept of this book, simple and high contrast. But the craftsmanship is the WORST I've got so far from children's books. The print keeps falling off and went all over my baby's hands and mouth within 3 days of readying/playing!!! I don't understand why the publisher did't coat the board book and decided to go with bare prints. It is a book for babies, that means they explore it by holding, throwing, mouthing, etc.!!! Worst quality ever!!! (but I do love the content, I gave Nina 5 stars for her creativity and imagination.)
on June 20, 2015
Great, simple book. My daughter loves it (she's one year old), and keeps picking it out over and over again--luckily, short enough that it doesn't get annoying to after the 10th time...
on October 24, 2017
Not as sturdy as the last one I had for my daughter. There needs to be some standard in order to be called a "board book." My 15 month old can easily bend the pages in half. This isn't a board book...it's thick pages. Unhappy with this, as I have been with several other baby book purchases. Think I'm sticking to the stores so I can actually see the quality before I buy.
on September 26, 2017
My 1 year old loves this book. It is simple, easy to read and handle. He likes the anticipation of getting to the mirror at the end.
For my just-turned-one year old grandson, who absolutely loves this book; it's his favorite of the three board books I got him for Christmas. A very sturdy book for him to look at on his own.. Very engaging for him, and to read with him. He's at that age of learning and beginning to say words, so this is a great book to start with. His favorite page is the last one, Peek a YOU and he laughs at himself in the big reflective mirrored page. His other favorite page is the Peek a ZOO with all the animals. We point to them and name them. He will open this book himself to these pages in particular. Highly recommend for a great book experience and a nice size for him to hold onto and turn pages himself.
on April 24, 2018
This is our favorite book to give with new baby gifts. Really cute, fun, and interactive. However, lately we have been disappointed with the quality control...the last two books we ordered did not have the film over the "mirror" at the back of the book and one of "mirrors" has little scratches, and one of the books had dinged/bad edges. When we pay full price for a book, we expect it to be in "new" condition, especially when purchasing for a gift.
on November 10, 2015
This simple book has captivated my now-16-month-old little boy for months. When he was just s few months old he seemed to love owls (who really knows when they are that young, right?), so when I saw this at the library I checked it out. At home, though the owl was only seen in that first cover page, we read the book at least a dozen times--long before he was really moble , he'd pick it out of a strategically placed book pile and make it clear that he wanted it read. In other words: A hit!!
A while later, I saw it on Amazon so I figured we'd get it--for $6 I rationalized that even a few more reads would make it worth it. Ha! Since buying the book in June, we've re-read the book many, many (many) times--often several times in a row. The rhymes seem to be especially funny and fun when paired with silly voices/sound effects--and he never tires of grinning at that cute face in the mirror (and probably wondering who it is)!
Personally, I like the wood-/paper-cut style of illustrations. I also appreciate that in addition to the peekaboo potential of the cutout on each page, these "peepholes" (large enough for a little hand to go through and easily hold) enable my little boy to "read" the book to himself as it's easier for him to turn the board book pages by reaching in and gripping the cutout than by trying to get hold of the edge of the board book page.

Overall, this has been a great addition to our early childhood library and it's definitely become one of those "go-to" books (literally--my newly walking toddler will go to his bookshelf and pull it out, then bring it to me for reading)! Don't be fooled by the simple pages--it's almost certain that you'll get a lot of mileage out of this cute little book!
on October 6, 2015
One of my son's favorite books!
Top Contributor: Babieson June 15, 2017
My daughter is 9 months old and when I give her the choice between this and ANY other book she always chooses this one. She giggles as I read every page, and it's the cutest little thing. When we get to the last page ("Peek a.... YOU!") she pulls the book up to her face and sometimes kisses herself in the little reflective surface! Such a fun book and so entertaining to see a little person getting so much joy from it!
on January 5, 2013
I am very happy with this book, and so are my grandchildren, who are 18 months and seven months. The toddler boy especially gets a kick out of it. It is small, but not too small; it ; is simple, but it is ingenious. Each page has a peek-a hole through which one can see a pattern with a clue to the suprise on the next page. I like that it has holes, but no flaps because the boy tends to tear the flap ones up and so you have to keep them up high where the kiddos can't reach them, which sort of defeats the purpose of a board book. This one is the right size for him to carry around, and hold, and page through. One of the reviewers downgraded it for the utter simplicity, but, really, that is the beauty of it. It keeps the attention of small ones and "busy toddlers" who have little patience for long-winded stories, and you can have fun hamming it up with suprised tones and sound effects. Here's the story: Page one and two: Peek-a- (then hole showing something spotted)2. MOOOO (a cow) on next two page spread; Peek-a (hole reveals a mysterious something)--BOOO (it's a ghost), 3. Peek-a- (look through hole), turn page--CHOO-CHOO (it's a train). Kids this age usually have at least one type of train toy so this expands on that concept, and language experimentation with the chug-a-chug-a choo-choo sounds. My son, who is a linguist and a connoisseur of kiddie lit agrees, this book is brilliant. Have fun with it, and I bet your LO's will, too.