Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 835 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,108 reviews
on June 20, 2015
Great, simple book. My daughter loves it (she's one year old), and keeps picking it out over and over again--luckily, short enough that it doesn't get annoying to after the 10th time...
review image
on March 1, 2017
This was another book that was a hit with our toddler at a very young age. Every other page has a cut out, like on the front, to reveal a small portion of the next page. Those cut out shapes were easy for her to grab (though it often meant she was grabbing to chew on it). We always accentuated "peek-a" and paused for what the big reveal was then shouted "choo choo" or "zoo" depending on the page. She got a big kick out of that. The last page is reflective like a mirror "peek-a you" and as she got older and started to realize it was her, that gave her a whole knew appreciation for the book. Sometime she just flips to the end to see the "baby".
on November 10, 2015
This simple book has captivated my now-16-month-old little boy for months. When he was just s few months old he seemed to love owls (who really knows when they are that young, right?), so when I saw this at the library I checked it out. At home, though the owl was only seen in that first cover page, we read the book at least a dozen times--long before he was really moble , he'd pick it out of a strategically placed book pile and make it clear that he wanted it read. In other words: A hit!!
A while later, I saw it on Amazon so I figured we'd get it--for $6 I rationalized that even a few more reads would make it worth it. Ha! Since buying the book in June, we've re-read the book many, many (many) times--often several times in a row. The rhymes seem to be especially funny and fun when paired with silly voices/sound effects--and he never tires of grinning at that cute face in the mirror (and probably wondering who it is)!
Personally, I like the wood-/paper-cut style of illustrations. I also appreciate that in addition to the peekaboo potential of the cutout on each page, these "peepholes" (large enough for a little hand to go through and easily hold) enable my little boy to "read" the book to himself as it's easier for him to turn the board book pages by reaching in and gripping the cutout than by trying to get hold of the edge of the board book page.

Overall, this has been a great addition to our early childhood library and it's definitely become one of those "go-to" books (literally--my newly walking toddler will go to his bookshelf and pull it out, then bring it to me for reading)! Don't be fooled by the simple pages--it's almost certain that you'll get a lot of mileage out of this cute little book!
on February 26, 2017
This is my toddler's FAVORITE book... ever. We have TONS of books on our bookshelves and he is constantly asking me to read this to him. A must have for people with babies and toddlers!
on June 15, 2017
My daughter is 9 months old and when I give her the choice between this and ANY other book she always chooses this one. She giggles as I read every page, and it's the cutest little thing. When we get to the last page ("Peek a.... YOU!") she pulls the book up to her face and sometimes kisses herself in the little reflective surface! Such a fun book and so entertaining to see a little person getting so much joy from it!
on November 11, 2016
WE LOVE THIS BOOK. My oldest got it as a gift when he was an infant and we have since bought multiples for friends, He is now two and we still read it regularly and he helps now. The dog has chewed it, it's been on multiple trips, the baby used it for teething, it's in rough shape and still in the library because its a favorite.

It's a small board book so its great to throw in the bag and take with you. It also rhymes so it's fun for kids or varying ages. I HIGHLY suggest this book for young kids!
on September 2, 2016
This book seemed like simple fun for older children to guess the noise for the picture peekaboo cutout, but my 8 month old really gets a kick out of it. She especially enjoys the mirror at the end where she sees herself. It's more fun to read out loud to her than I thought it would be. There is a different sound you can make on all of the pages almost. Each time it starts with one page "peek a..." and a cutout on the opposite side showing part of an object underneath, so that when the page is turned, the object is revealed with an exclamatory rhyming peekaboo word. Example: Peek a ...BOO! (ghost) -- Peek a... CHOO CHOO! (train on tracks)

This is a fun book to play peekaboo without worrying about tearing flaps off (no flaps). I would buy this again and intend to try out the Peek A Zoo edition.
on December 30, 2016
For my just-turned-one year old grandson, who absolutely loves this book; it's his favorite of the three board books I got him for Christmas. A very sturdy book for him to look at on his own.. Very engaging for him, and to read with him. He's at that age of learning and beginning to say words, so this is a great book to start with. His favorite page is the last one, Peek a YOU and he laughs at himself in the big reflective mirrored page. His other favorite page is the Peek a ZOO with all the animals. We point to them and name them. He will open this book himself to these pages in particular. Highly recommend for a great book experience and a nice size for him to hold onto and turn pages himself.
on October 21, 2016
It's just ok, I expected a more fun book. Baby likes the mirror page
Update: a couple months after my first review this book became a favorite by my baby! :)
on April 22, 2017
We bought the board book version of this book for our 14 month old. It is a very simple book, but is quite fun. As we're reading it, we make the noises that correspond to what the book is saying. So, when we do "Peek-a-BOO" we say BOO really loud, which she loves. We do train noises at "Peek-a-Choo-Choo", etc. The last page is a mirror, which she is fascinated by. She is now 18 months and still likes the book, particularly the BOO page and the mirror.