Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on July 9, 2013
I purchased this product to provide a custom fit for my Garmin 650t GPS in a Pelican 1050 Micro-Case. While it works, the density of the foam is very suitable for this, it does require some effort to get there. The foam is partially scored into small blocks vertically but the foam is so thick that it is necessary to add additional scores horizontally. This was harder to do than I expected because even with a very sharp knife, the foam compresses and resists cutting. Maybe a "hot knife" or an air saw with a very fine-tooth blade would have worked better. Or, Pelican could have provided, say 3 sheets of scored foam, with a total thickness the same as this single sheet. That way the pieces could be individually shaped as needed and stacked, one on the other for a final, snug fitting, "glove" to secure my GPS.

I'd buy this again and would recommend it to anyone else, as well. Just be forewarned you will need to massage the foam a bit to get the contour you need.
on January 23, 2017
Great product. The small squares cut into the foam allow you to make a custom protective cocoon for any electronic device. The foam comes with small squares partially cut all the way through the entire depth of the foam piece. To customize the foam for your electronics, just outline the camera (or whatever you want to protect), then gently release the small bridge of foam that connects each square to the adjacent one, and remove the square from the rest of the grid. YouTube covers this process quite well.

My only concern when using the foam was that I was a bit unsure how to release the individual squares without pulling a square completely out, leaving nothing but a square tunnel right through the entire depth of the foam pad. In order to try and cut the squares out at a uniform depth, I used a knife to cut the squares across the face of the foam. Works pretty well and fits my electronics close- not quite as good as a professional job, but good enough for government work.
on September 23, 2015
Fits perfectly in my 1050 case. I just wish the foam came in three or four layers, so that way I could remove the pre-cut blocks in the middle layers and still have protective padding above and below whatever I have in the case. Other than that, it works well and I'll definitely be buying more
on August 5, 2016
I used this for a custom micro drone (Tiny Whoop) carrying case and it perfect fits my drone and 10 1S batteries with their USB charger. Wonderful foam.
on November 2, 2016
Got this product delivered and it fit perfectly in my Drybox have some left over for other boxes very satisfied with the product
on August 12, 2014
The foam that I received from another supplier for Pelican Pick N' Pluck 1042 had two pieces and these fitted nicely. But for this very similar product with almost the same size and brand, I was sent a single thicker foam. So one does not have the facility to cushion the phone on both side.
on April 16, 2014
The foam is easy to pluck out and works great for items that are square or rectangular. I'm using mine for a hand held Oxygen sensor which is mostly rounded edges and a round cap. I was able t make a compartment that holds the sensor securely (if a bit too tightly) and a spot to press the cap into (almost fits).
on July 22, 2014
Works great for stuffing into my Pelican 1050 & placing my Galaxy S5 on top then closing. It allows me to view the phone LED while on call during a hockey game without worrying about breaking my expensive phone. It is designed to be easily pulled apart into whatever size you wish.
on April 15, 2013
This foam block is companion to Pelican 1050 Micro Case. The foam is partially cut (cubed) so creating custom cutouts for your gear is simple and easy. You can "pluck" the foam out or you can cut it along the perforated precuts using an Exacto knife or a razor blade, box cutter, etc. Perfect fit and affords superb protection for your small delicate stuff.
on September 15, 2016
Makes carrying things in my Pelican a LOT quieter and more secure!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question