Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pelican 1200 Case with Foam for Camera - Desert Tan
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School STEM

Color: Desert Tan|Change

on September 11, 2009
I got this so that I could take my pistol with me when I travel. It meets all TSA requirements and the pick and pull foam allows me to custom fit it for the pistol itself, magazines, and ammo. I will definitely be a repeat customer if I ever need another Pelican case and I expect I will be as I am considering the purchase of additional handguns as well as a long rifle. Pelican Cases are the best at what they do- keep your valuables safe and secure; along with the lifetime guarantee how can you lose?
on November 4, 2011
Last year my 9" netbook was damaged by the aircraft company, being the repair worth 100euros... this year they won't be able to do it again... as it will travel inside this amazing box... It is bulkier than the normal foam one, but this looks like an Abrams tank compared to a normal netbook case...
review image
on February 4, 2013
Love the case, super tough, you can jump on this thing with little give, still lightweight and priced well. I put my Nikon D3100 along with 2 lenses and a few filters and other accessories in it. The case includes a block of foam that has little perforated grooves making it easier to cut to size to fit whatever you want to put in it. The top or lid has a sort of egg crate foam lining, both foam pieces are tight fits but they can be removed. I love the Desert Tan color, it stands out and is easy to find, which could be good or bad depending on your use.

I would recommend this to anyone with a camera, pistol, or any object of value that could use a little protection.

Note, I am attaching pictures of my camera inside of the case, sorry about the cellphone quality pic. obviously my good camera is modeling in the picture.
on December 21, 2013
Case is pelican...easy to configure...not sure I need to say anymore about this. I got this to carry my GoPro around with all the accessories...and it is perfect...
on March 22, 2014
Just like all other Pelican cases...extremely durable, ding resistant exterior, over-center snapping locks, dense shock-absorbing foam, idiot-proof pressure relief valve.

I should have sketched out the interior dimensions on a large piece of paper first, ended up being too small for what I wanted to use this case for. Won't hold a revolver with a six inch barrel and still have enough foam depth around the edges to adequately protect the handgun during rough handling. Had to move up to the next larger size.
on October 28, 2014
This is exactly what I needed for my GoPro camera. I wanted a hard travel case that I could put most of my gear in, and this fit the bill. Price was decent, and that pick n pluck foam is a great idea. I like the desert tan color... upʻs the cool factor. Itʻs a little smaller than I thought, but then again...I wanted something that I could fit into my laptop backpack and this works great. Iʻm able to store two GoProʻs with their housings, along with 5-6 back doors, INCLUDING the floaty door, a charger, 4 extra batteries, 2 bacpacʻs (1 battery pack and one LCD pack), and all my connectors, etc. I keep all the cables in a separate small bag, along with the head strap, a floaty handle and 2 other handles.

So overall Iʻll rate this at 5 stars.
on January 18, 2016
Great price and quality. Bought this to transport pistols in my Checked Baggage for a recent trip, in order to comply with the TSA regulations for transporting Firearms. Dual lock holes for locking the box in compliance with the regs, and foam inserts to protect firearms from moving or getting scratched.
on May 16, 2016
Great case, returned because I didn't account for the space the compressed top and bottom foam would take up and it wouldn't fit my D5100 unless I removed the lens every time I went to put it away - that would work for some people, just not me.
on October 18, 2015
Can't beat a Pelican case for protecting gear. And the ones with the Pick N' Pluck foam are the best, in my opinion as you customize them for your equipment. And if you save the pieces you remove, you can reconfigure it when you get different components. Great for photography and astronomy gear/. It protects from the nighttime dampness getting inside to your gear, too.
on March 30, 2014
excellent case. used for a FLUKE 117 Meter I just got used. the just did like instructions in the box said and put meter on foam, marked edges with toothpicks and then removed the meter and separated the section of foam between the tooth picks to the bottom (which has a foam layer). the meter fit snugly. next removed a long section equal to the meter in length and 3 foam blocks wide and placed my test leads in there. perfect.

only difference between the FLUKE case and this one is no cut out in top for manual. plus the FLUKE have preformed foam inserts for the meters already (a little firmer the then the foam grid here). not work the price change. plus it doesnt say FLUKE on outside just the Pelican logo as per picture.