Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2016
I purchased this case after a very positive experience with a Pelican 1170 I bought a few years ago. I used that case for a G19 when flying and it has worked great to fit the handgun and two mags. I purchased this1450 as a flying/travel case for revolvers. I easily fit 4 revolvers ranging from 5-6.5 in barrels in this case with room in between each gun and on both ends (I would be able to fit a 7.5 in. barreled pistol easily). There was also room for some ammunition and a benchmade griptillian. Everything fit securely and snugly. I like the steel lock hole reinforcements which the 1170 doesn't have. The 1450 is well made and built like a tank.
on August 20, 2013
Pelican is known for their rugged and durable design, they were my first choice when I needed to travel with 2 firearms. This case was actually much bigger than I expected. I had plenty of room for 2 pistols, 50 rounds of ammo and 6 magazines. Its rugged construction did great on 3 flights, and I will continue to use this case for other purposes. If you purchased different foam, you could really configure it to carry an assortment of equipment.

My only gripe, the holes for the locks were a bit small. Any standard smaller padlock will fit, I had bought some "extra tough" locks that had a larger diameter hoop and they didn't fit, but standard small master locks did.
on March 18, 2016
Excellent protection...waterproof...very sturdy...and more than adequate latches. Using case on rear tunnel of long track snowmobile for storing of emergency items (2-types matches...2-types fire starter...foldable lock blade hunting knife...small foldable hand saw...aspirin...antacid tablets, small led flashlight-420 lumens...two spare sets of AAA batteries, anti-fog spray for glasses/visors, etc.) Also...small digital camera & extra batteries...very small tripod...paper towels...3-power bars...and a compact, takedown snowshovel. There's also room for a "smashed" sandwich. I secure it to the aluminum snowmobile tunnel just ahead of the tail/brake light with 2-1" woven nylon straps run through tie down slots on outside edges of the tunnel. These slots were polished with fine emery cloth until smoothe to prevent fraying of straps...a labor of love...Works well! Original "tunnel bag" used for same purpose leaked water and corners tore after one ride. I then saw a couple riders using Pelican Cases on their snowmobiles to carry 18 packs of beer...so I tried one & it worked!
on April 2, 2014
I got this to house my Nikon DSLR and 3 lenses (Nikon 18-200, Sigma 10-20, and Nikon 35mm Prime). It will definitely do the job. The plastic is thick and the latches are really heavy duty. Overall the case is much more sturdy than I was expecting, even after having read a number of reviews about Pelican cases. You could probably throw it off a roof and have its contents come through unscathed (not that I would try or recommend that).

The foam inside is easy to work with. It is broken into a number of cubes that you can "pick and pull" out to get a perfect fit for the contents. The size of the 1450 is a bit bigger than I expected - it is probably almost the size of 2 shoe boxes positioned side by side.

Overall, I am very satisfied and will probably pick up a few more for my GoPro and firearms.
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2014
I have a lot of Pelican cases for a variety of purposes. The acquisition of the 1450s (I bought two of them) yet again confirms Pelican's stellar quality. The 1450 is built like a tank. It's stronger than needed for most conceivable uses - which is exactly why Pelican fans keep buying them - locks up tight and stays tight, is built to take HEAVY abuse while protecting its contents, and even has a comfortable handle. All at a reasonable price. Now how are you going to argue with that.

By the way, "HEAVY" abuse doesn't mean dropping the thing. It means surviving 10 story drops, freeway falls including car impacts, bear assaults, etc. Yes, the latches are a little tight. I like them that way - it's part of the protection.

While I have bought a Pelican case or two that was over or under-sized for my intended purpose, I have never returned one yet. All found a use, and I subsequently, happily bought one the right size. There are very, very few products I've purchased where I can say *that*!
on January 17, 2015
This case is rock solid. The plastic is heavy duty, and the lid and latches are all very tight fitting. I bought this for a Digital camera and all its accessories, and all of it fits in there perfectly.

The foam inside is easy to customize, tear, and separate for a very custom fit, plus you can use the removed foam to add "lift" to smaller items that would otherwise sink down and be difficult to remove later. You can only tear out the foam up to about 1" away from the inside plastic shell on each side, but anything beyond that would defeat the purpose. If you lift out the main foam lining, there is another layer of foam under neath that cannot be adjusted for sizing, but it does allow for more storage possibilities at least

The case itself is heavier in weight than I was expecting but I consider this a good thing since it seems like it can take a beating. I would get another one of these in a heartbeat.
on August 20, 2015
Love the case. It's exactly what I would expect form the brand. The foam is pretty easy to pluck out and fit to what you need. Similar to other foam inserts, it will come out if you just grab your contents and pull hard, so you need to use the other hand and push on the foam to keep it in the case. I imagine you can fix this with spray adhesive and gluing the foam into the case.

However, I am extremely disappointed that the measurements are incorrect. Normally, I'm the last to raise this as an issue. However I bought this to put in a hard case motorcycle box. I looked at the dimensions and measured the interior of my motorcycle box and decided it would fit. I received the product and tried it out, but the motorcycle box just barely won't close (less than 1/4 inch). I will likely be purchasing the 1400. Frankly still pretty annoyed.

Note: after looking at the manufacturers website, I found more accurate measurements. Product is great - Amazon was inaccurate.

Amazon website: Product Dimensions: 16 x 6.9 x 13 inches
Pelican Website:
EXTERIOR (L x W x D) 16.54" x 13.03" x 6.84" (42 x 33.1 x 17.4 cm)
review image
on February 9, 2014
I wanted a case to house my large headphones and Pelican seemed to most recommended in the forums I looked through. The 1450 model leaves enough space for an extension cable, portable amp or other accessory.

As you can see from the product photo, this case means business. It is heavy, but I think it's a small price to pay to ensure the best protection for my investment. The protective foam interior is cut like a grid making it very easy to shape. Just make sure to reach deep down when plucking out each foam segment; I plucked a segment only partway a few times. There is a slot on front of the case, which is for the optional nameplate offered by Pelican (for a nominal fee). My case arrived slightly damaged during delivery, but the seller gave me a generous refund. Just one issue: the latches are somewhat hard to flip open. Aside from that, I'm very satisfied with my purchase.
on December 7, 2014
Historically, I have found it to be anything less than giddy when I acquire a new Pelican case. I wish I could store everything in these nearly indestructible boxes.

I use this one for some camera gear. I do not use the foam insert as the contents tends to change on a regular basis. I have padded containers from LowePro to house the lenses. The remainder of the items are stored in generic mesh ditty bags and appropriately color coded.

It should be noted that this is too small for the average professional I use it to store a few essentials when I'm traveling by car, but it is too big to carry on a plane and too small to house all of your current or eventual gear.
on February 23, 2016
Love it. Got it for my MacBook Pro and it fits perfectly, along with 3 hard drives, a wireless keyboard, mouse, power supply, and headphones. There would be room for more, but I left some of the pluck out foam in there so nothing moves.
I was a little bummed that the pluck out foam blocks aren't cubic, but rather pluck out like long "pillars" that are almost as deep and case. So I couldn't make a half-inch recessed space for my laptop above my other idems. Luckily the lid foam is soft enough that the laptop can sit atop the bottom foam.
I made a video showing it: [...]

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.