Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Pelican 1510 Case With Foam (Black)" and save 44% off the $271.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pelican 1510 Case With Foam (Black)
- Low Return Rate: 26% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 95% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "pelican 1510"
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Watertight, Crush-Proof and Dust-Proof. LID DEPTH: 1.79" (4.5 cm); BOTTOM DEPTH: 5.79" (14.7 cm); TOTAL DEPTH: 7.58" (19.3 cm)
- FAA Maximum Carry On Size and buoyancy is 64.15 pounds
- open cell core with solid wall design to make a strong yet lightweight travel case
- Easy open double throw latches cover, O-Ring seal and A Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve.
- Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence. INTERIOR (L X W X D): 19.75" x 11.00" x 7.60" (50.2 x 27.9 x 19.3 cm) EXTERIOR (L X W X D) : 22.00" x 13.81" x 9.00" (55.9 x 35.1 x 22.9 cm)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- FAA maximum carry on size
- Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings
- Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve - balances interior pressure, keeps water out Comfortable rubber over-molded top and side handles
- Retractable extension handle
- Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
- Easy open Double Throw latches
- Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
- Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
- O-ring seal
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Hard Camera Case - Large
Pelican 1650 Case With Foam (Black)
Pelican 1560 Case With Foam (Black)
Pelican Air 1535 Case No Foam (Black)
Pelican 1400 Case With Foam (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
Waterproof crush-proof and dust-proof Convoluted lid foam FAA maximum carry-on size Retractable extension handle Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings Easy open double throw latches Open cell core with solid wall design - strong lightweight-ring seal Automatic pressure equalization valve Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors Comfortable rubber over-molded handle Lifetime guarantee of excellence Interior: 19 3/4" W x 11" H x 7 5/8" D
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I first unboxed the case, I thought I was going to have to buy a larger one. I was pleasantly surprised with how much gear I was able to fit after spending a morning carefully breaking away the pre-cut cube foam. Keep this in mind. You will need to sit yourself down for several hours carefully shaping the foam. I found it quite enjoyable despite the fact that I watched Manchester United lose (again) while doing this. Just take your time and try to leave about 2 layers of foam between the heavier items.
FYI: Inspect the foam grid before you start breaking out the pieces you don't need! There is a seam that runs along the middle in the horizontal and vertical directions that is slightly wider than the pre-cut squares. It's hard to explain, but you'll notice it if you just take one close look. I would suggest you try to leave these 2 seams untouched as they will give the foam a tiny bit more rigidity.
For reference, here's the gear that I'm storing in this case:
- Canon 1D-series body (w/ eyepiece extender and an Arca Swiss plate plus CustomSLR C-loop on bottom)
- Canon 6D body (w/ eyepiece extender and CustomSLR C-loop on bottom)
- 24-70mm 2.8L lens w/ hood attached
- 135mm 2.0L lens w/ hood attached
- 16-35mm f/2.8L *without the hood* or 35mm f/1.4L lens
- 3 Canon Speedlites (more on this below)***
- Some slots plucked out for smaller items (16 AA batteries, extra 1D battery, extra 6D battery, 6D charger, 3 Speedlite shoes, 8 card SD card holder.
I work out of this case when I'm on location. If I'm going to go mobile, I'll pick out what I need and throw it in my backpack.
***Note retarding Speedlites: I have 600EX's. This case is about 1/4" too shallow to place them vertically. If you could, there would be even more space for gear. I have 2 of the flashes laying on top of each other and the 3rd is placed in a slot where the head is tilted in the 90-degree position. If you have 580EX (or something other) check the length. If they are at least 1/4 inch shorter when the head is pointed directly up, this case will hold a bit more gear.
After thinking about the purchase of this specific case a bit more, I will likely buy a second identical one so I have a place for the rest of my photography related gear (brackets, extra card holders, 70-200 f2.8L IS lens, 1D series body charger (which is big), AA chargers, etc.)
I'm not going to question the durability of any Pelican case. I have 2 others that I've been using for many years and they are as close to indestructible as you can get. It's a very safe purchase that will last a very long time. Keep in mind that these cases hold their value should you decide to sell it a year or 3 down the road.
I'll snap a photo of my layout and upload it here ASAP.
I will now list what I carry in this case: 1 Bosch ps-21 hand drill with extra battery and charger, two full sets of drill bits, two sets of security bits, a ferrule crimper, rj-45 crimper, an automatic wire stripper, 2 handheld wire strippers, d-type crimper, coaxial compression crimper, lmr-400 stripper, fiber shears, scissors, screw driver, precision screw driver, 1/4" socket set, cutters, utility knife, pens, files, center punch, coaxial stripper, cable stripper, fluke pro 300 probe and toner, multimeter, Allen wrenches, 6" crescent, channel locks, 8-12mm and 1/4"-1/2" spanners, 2 greenlee crimpall crimpers and die set, punchdown tool, soldering iron, coaxial/cat tester, head lamp, safety glasses, hearing protection, and solder.
I hope that I am doing this case justice when I say it is the best case I have found and currently in production at this time. Do I have to organize my tools in roll up pouches and a sensible manner? Yes but who wouldn't? There is nothing I could to do to improve this case unless I spent 3-6 months custom designing a 2nd version of this case with pelican. If you are curious about its capabilities all of the gear I have listed has survived TSA and every other transportation agency I have run into so far.