Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Pelican 1510 Case With Foam (Black)" and save 45% off the $271.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pelican 1510 Case With Foam (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Watertight, Crush-Proof and Dust-Proof. LID DEPTH: 1.79" (4.5 cm); BOTTOM DEPTH: 5.79" (14.7 cm); TOTAL DEPTH: 7.58" (19.3 cm)
- FAA Maximum Carry On Size and buoyancy is 64.15 pounds
- open cell core with solid wall design to make a strong yet lightweight travel case
- Easy open double throw latches cover, O-Ring seal and A Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve.
- Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence. INTERIOR (L X W X D): 19.75" x 11.00" x 7.60" (50.2 x 27.9 x 19.3 cm) EXTERIOR (L X W X D) : 22.00" x 13.81" x 9.00" (55.9 x 35.1 x 22.9 cm)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- FAA maximum carry on size
- Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings
- Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve - balances interior pressure, keeps water out Comfortable rubber over-molded top and side handles
- Retractable extension handle
- Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
- Easy open Double Throw latches
- Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
- Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
- O-ring seal
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Hard Camera Case - Large
Pelican 1200 Case With Foam (Black)
Pelican 1650 Case With Foam (Black)
Pelican 1400 Case With Foam (Black)
Pelican 1610 Case With Foam (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
Waterproof crush-proof and dust-proof Convoluted lid foam FAA maximum carry-on size Retractable extension handle Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings Easy open double throw latches Open cell core with solid wall design - strong lightweight-ring seal Automatic pressure equalization valve Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors Comfortable rubber over-molded handle Lifetime guarantee of excellence Interior: 19 3/4" W x 11" H x 7 5/8" D
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This seems to be a problem with makers of animal cases, as the otterbox I purchased was also too small to contain my otter. However, this pelican case was large enough to house the otter. They should have advertised this as an otterbox.
When I first unboxed the case, I thought I was going to have to buy a larger one. I was pleasantly surprised with how much gear I was able to fit after spending a morning carefully breaking away the pre-cut cube foam. Keep this in mind. You will need to sit yourself down for several hours carefully shaping the foam. I found it quite enjoyable despite the fact that I watched Manchester United lose (again) while doing this. Just take your time and try to leave about 2 layers of foam between the heavier items.
FYI: Inspect the foam grid before you start breaking out the pieces you don't need! There is a seam that runs along the middle in the horizontal and vertical directions that is slightly wider than the pre-cut squares. It's hard to explain, but you'll notice it if you just take one close look. I would suggest you try to leave these 2 seams untouched as they will give the foam a tiny bit more rigidity.
For reference, here's the gear that I'm storing in this case:
- Canon 1D-series body (w/ eyepiece extender and an Arca Swiss plate plus CustomSLR C-loop on bottom)
- Canon 6D body (w/ eyepiece extender and CustomSLR C-loop on bottom)
- 24-70mm 2.8L lens w/ hood attached
- 135mm 2.0L lens w/ hood attached
- 16-35mm f/2.8L *without the hood* or 35mm f/1.4L lens
- 3 Canon Speedlites (more on this below)***
- Some slots plucked out for smaller items (16 AA batteries, extra 1D battery, extra 6D battery, 6D charger, 3 Speedlite shoes, 8 card SD card holder.
I work out of this case when I'm on location. If I'm going to go mobile, I'll pick out what I need and throw it in my backpack.
***Note retarding Speedlites: I have 600EX's. This case is about 1/4" too shallow to place them vertically. If you could, there would be even more space for gear. I have 2 of the flashes laying on top of each other and the 3rd is placed in a slot where the head is tilted in the 90-degree position. If you have 580EX (or something other) check the length. If they are at least 1/4 inch shorter when the head is pointed directly up, this case will hold a bit more gear.
After thinking about the purchase of this specific case a bit more, I will likely buy a second identical one so I have a place for the rest of my photography related gear (brackets, extra card holders, 70-200 f2.8L IS lens, 1D series body charger (which is big), AA chargers, etc.)
I'm not going to question the durability of any Pelican case. I have 2 others that I've been using for many years and they are as close to indestructible as you can get. It's a very safe purchase that will last a very long time. Keep in mind that these cases hold their value should you decide to sell it a year or 3 down the road.
I'll snap a photo of my layout and upload it here ASAP.
It is well known by baggage thieves. Do not check it! Carry it with you. Mine arrived empty after it was checked. TSA locks are worthless. The camera shop I visited to replace all my equipment in New Zealand says he sees this often. This case says very clearly," I am full of valuable equipment, come and get me."
Most recent customer reviews
It’s built like a tank. I literally tried so hard to imagine how sturdy it would be and I was so far off.Read more