|You Save:||$7.68 (18%)|
- Copolymer Polypropylene
- Lid organizer for 1650 and 1654 case
- Ballistic Nylon with nylon zippers lid organizer
- Individual mesh pockets to protect and keep your gear organized.
- Large skip pocket for a cell phone, markers, etc
- 4 Slip in pen pockets
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Pelican 1659 Photo Lid Organizer is designed specifically for the Pelican 1650 case. It installs easily with the included touch fastener strips. It is made of Ballistic Nylon with nylon zippers and features a multitude of pockets in various sizes to protect and keep your gear organized.
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 28.5 x 17.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B073X3GDNL
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 19, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
The lid organizer is great. I figure if James Bond or Jason Bourne had a Pelican case they would have the lid organizer. There is 2 different cases, the new ones and the old ones. The new ones have raised tabs for the insert and the old ones attach with the included Velcro strips. I have one of each of the cases and have no problems with either. I haul my commercial dive gear in these and and pack my clothes in there to pad everything. The organizer just makes sense and uses what is essentially an unusable space.. My small odds and ends go in it, like my dive computers and the possibles are limitless. If you are in a field that requires the protection of a Pelican case you will be well served by something like this. I have seen these lid organizers for sale at the larger photography websites for quite a bit more and wonder if they were originally intended for that industry. But this will really rock your kit.
- It's built like a tank! The rigid back piece is a 3/32" or 1/8" plastic, and holds its shape very well.
- All stitching is reinforced, and done with reasonably thick filament.
- The zippers are also sturdy and smooth.
- It attaches to the lid with six screws. Coupled with the rigid back piece, the assembly is very sturdy. (It also comes with hook and loop, but I opted for the sturdier option.)
- The pockets are not as deep as I would have liked. Cables like 6' VGA or power cords have to be tightly wrapped to have any chance of fitting.
- The pocket layout is a little odd. It seemed like each pocket was either too large or too small, but that may be from the things I am storing in it (I use it to carry a large projector).
- The document pocket in the middle and pockets attached (the non-mesh ones) are pretty worthless. There is no way to close or secure them, so things will fall out unless they fit in tightly. If you look at the picture in the description, the items shown would fall out after a short ride.
Overall, I am still very pleased and will happily use it for years to come. I took one star from the review simply because of the pocket depth and document pocket comments above. If you are thinking about getting this, I would definitely say it is worth it.
+ Fits perfectly
+ Easy to install
+ Holds good amount of stuff
+ Good variety of sized and shapes for pockets
+ Doesn't interfere with operation of lid
- Very thin material used for the netting -- doesn't seem like it will last a lifetime like the case
- Zippers hard to use and feel very flimsy and cheap
- Price just a little too much
The pockets don't hold very much, maybe a few cables in each one, and the zippers are small and can he hard to operate when the pocket is full. It fastens securely and easily with a few screws, but there's also some lost space behind the organizer because of the stand-offs that the screws fasten to. Would have been much nicer to have something that mounts completely flush to the inside of the lid, and has larger/deeper pockets that can hold more than flat-packed cables.