Industrial Deals Beauty Textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 20, 2017
I bought this cooler after seeing the reviews on the smaller 45 wheeled cooler. This cooler although made with the same material, doesn't seem to be built with the same quality as the other ones. The handle seemed very flimsy when extended (the cooler had nothing in it), the grey easy access lid is not made with the same material as the rest of the cooler (allowing cold air to pass through and escape), and the latches didn't seem to close the lid tight.

I was unhappy so worked with Pelican to exchange it for the 45 wheeled cooler. I am happy with the 45QT that I finally received.

Also, they are now making an updated version of these coolers that feature grey wheels and grey latches.
8 people found this helpful
on July 31, 2016
We love this cooler! I ordered this for my husband for Fathers Day. I will say it took a great deal more time than anticipated to receive the cooler (apparently they build once purchased) but it was worth the wait. We took it out to the lake today filled with crushed ice. Even after a day in 100+ weather we saw very little ice melt. I like the flip lid, even my young children could open it to grab a drink and it comes with several trays we used to store fruit up top. Very happy and can't wait to use it again!
3 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2017
Nice cooler, but wonder how long the handle will last tugging around a full chest. It's heavy empty.
on May 16, 2016
Terrific cooler has far exceeded my family's camping and boating needs!!
on September 17, 2017
The 20 pounds of ice melted in 2 days just like the inexpensive cooler did. The ants were able to get into the cooler. Yhre inexpensive cooler did not allow the ants to enter I wish I never bought it. It cost 150.00 to return it. So I'm stuck with it. I will always have negative remarks for this product I'm dissapoijnted
One person found this helpful
on May 17, 2016
VERY HEAVY DUTY. I bought this cooler on wheels for extended periods of dry camping. When it arrived I was completely blown away.... BUT it was so big and heavy that I could not manage moving it around by myself, even with its heavy duty wheels. The cooler empty weighs OVER FIFTY POUNDS! Load it up with food, beer and Ice and it equals not being to lift it up to the bed of the truck. I thought I could first handle the cooler but no way. If you want something to roll around, well built, keep thing cold for days, and last for years this is a cooler for you. If you intend to lift when loaded you better have some help. I wish I would have had the opportunity to truly check this check out but it was just too much.
5 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2016
we purchased this because it was slightly less expensive than the competitor and came with wheels. We were going on vacation in New Mexico and needed something that would keep ice.
The first night we used it here in south FL it kept the ice for 2.5 to 3 hours
Still in FL, we gave it a second try. We cleaned it out and put just a 10 lb bag of ice in it. The ice melted completely in 6 hours.
Still in FL, we gave it one more try and took it camping with us Memorial Day weekend. After the 2nd day it did keep the ice for the same amount of time as our older more traditional coolers and as long as there was ice in there, the drinks stayed cold.
We returned the cooler after Memorial Day and purchased a $40 cooler from a local store that worked 3 times better than the Pelican.
The return process was simple and our money was reimbursed the same day we shipped the cooler back. Great customer service for a poor product
8 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.