Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on June 10, 2012
I have taken this out 2 times so far since purchase, and I love it! I am 6' tall and the opening to sit in is actually long enough for someone of my stature to sit comfortable without having to have my feet propped above or around the 'foot area.' The cargo area behind the seat is pretty large, I keep a small waterproof box, a lunchbox, and a gallon of water back there and only use up about 1/2 of the space. It is verrrrrrry easy to get in and out of without flipping, I haven't once felt like I was going to flip over (however, I do only use on flat water). It is very lightweight, and I can throw it up on top of my SUV single-handedly. I would certainly call this a leisure kayak, it doesn't get to moving very fast because of its width, and for me it doesn't seem to track straight, although I am no expert and could even just be doing it wrong. But for the money I can't imagine turning it down!
on June 24, 2012
this is a starter model and it's works great. got for birhtday present (hard to hide!) for my wife and she loves it. fits both her and the our two boys, 9 and 12. i gave it a shot and it fit me - i'm 6'2"
on May 6, 2012
I purchased the Pelican Boats Apex 100 Sit-on-Top Kayak for $329.99, and it was shipped for FREE! All the other online retailers wanted to charge a $160 freight fee. Amazon.com shipped my kayak through the freight shipping company CEVA right to my door (Did I mention they shipped it for FREE?). It came partially wrapped in plastic wrap (mostly just around the bow and stern), but arrived in good condition. The Apex 100 kayak comes with rear storage bungees. It also has pre-molded areas around the kayak where additional pad eyes or deck tie downs can be added (sold separately). I plan to add the additional pad eyes soon. The Pelican Apex 100 is 10 feet long, and weighs 41 lbs. It has a molded seat, molded footwells, and a padded backrest. It even had a place to set a water bottle between your legs while you paddle. With a 250 pound weight limit, this kayak holds me plus 100 pounds of gear with no problem. I can easily transport this kayak in my pickup truck with the tailgate down, and the kayak loaded diagonally, it only takes one tie-down strap to secure, and I'm ready to go in just 60 seconds. I wanted a kayak to navigate the rivers, spring runs, and intercoastal waterways of Florida, and this kayak does that very well. Sure, there are better sit-on-top kayaks out there, but NONE for the price of the Pelican Apex 100. What a great value!

My only regret with this purchase is that I didn't buy 2, so for now I am paddling solo.

I also picked up a Shoreline Rounded Blade Kayak Paddle (96-Inch) for less than $30 to go along with my new kayak.
on June 26, 2011
This kayak is great for the purpose for which it was designed. I use it in the surf and for paddling along the coastline. It is quick and responsive and a lot of fun. It is light and easy to load and unoad from my car. I am able to transport it by myself with no problems. The price is very affordable. There are other higher performance surf kayaks out there, but they generally start at twice the price. This is an excellent entry level sport kayak.
33 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2011
I am 13 years old, and this is my first kayak. I have kayaked in Canada with my uncle in sit inside kayaks, and based on that experience, this kayak is extremely stable, and I haven't flipped once. I use this for fishing, and the dimples for installing acsessorys are great, but it doesnt come with deck loops, but you can by they for cheap, just type in "Lavika" in the Amazon search bar, and the first thing that comes up is deck loops. These are a perfect fit. Also, on Lavika.com you can by a hatch for this kayak. Overall, this kayak is great, and the seat it comes with is very comfortable, and the bottle holder is very handy '

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.