Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 30, 2015
This has become the standard case for my busy, two-shooter video/still studio. We started out with the Pelican 1510 case, which turned out to be just a bit too small for many of our applications. This slightly larger case is a little more forgiving in terms of packing it all in, without becoming too big to handle on long stairways or at other times where it's not possible to deploy the handle and use it as a wheelie.

As our studio evolves (we've been in business nine years) we are moving from a storage model where we unpack all bags at the end of a shoot, and put the stuff on shelves, to one where we pack every accessory we might need into a single case, and leave it packed and ready to go at a moments notice. We are finding this to be much more practical as our gear inventory grows, and as the types of shoots we tackle grow more complex. I love these air/water tight cases. We have six or seven of them already, and will be adding three or four more this summer. Highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I needed a case that would accommodate my growing camera equipment collection. After looking at a bunch of video and written reviews I settled in on the 1560. Boy am I glad I did. When the item arrived I was blow away by the quality of the material. It is a durable hard plastic that would be hard pressed to be crushed by other luggage. The padded section and dividers provide considerable protection for all of my gear. This is a good sized case that is not too small but not too big. Perfect for me and my many travels. I think this is the perfect case for anyone looking to protect their gear while still being able to lug it around with you.
on May 15, 2015
Fantastic case! I also have the Pelican 1510 w/padded dividers, but now that I'm doing more and more video I needed a larger case. This case is the perfect size for me--large enough to handle all my gear, but not so big that when it's fully loaded I can't carry it! I've been using Pelican cases for over 30 years now, and I've never had a single problem with them. As a photographer/videographer/filmmaker, I travel extensively and often to very remote locations, and I know that my Pelican cases are going to protect my gear and get everything there in one piece. Oh, be sure to get the padded dividers--once you try them you'll never go back to the pick and pluck foam because you can change the layout all time for different gear without having to buy new (and expensive) foam sets every time. Lastly, the lid organizer for this and other Pelican cases is a great add-on, really helps to organize those small items like flash cards, lens cleaner, lens caps, batteries, etc. The only complaint I've ever had about Pelican is their price, but if you shop around you can get good deals, and, these things are built to last forever!
This is a very good case. Though empty it is heavy, that is why it does have its outstanding reputation for strength and durability. Recommend also purchasing the 1569 lid organizer as well. Mine is the padded inside not the foam. Reason, I want to make adjustments for the gear on the fly. Also, I read many comments that over time the foam does breakdown. Flexibility to make changes is why I choose pads.
on May 24, 2014
I bought this with the 1569 lid organizer for photo gear. Why didn't I buy this case sooner? This is a fantastic way to store gear where you know once its there its safe. I'm not sure I could actually get it to go carry on (it's not sized for that), but its not that far off. Also full of gear mine is really heavy so I'm not sure putting it in the overhead is a good idea anyway. Though I'm not planning to flying with it, maybe a gate check with TSA locks.

After receiving this and putting it into action without a doubt go with padded dividers if you want to reuse it in the future. I think foam is good if you have a fixed piece of equipment and you don't plan on changing it out in the future. My photo gear gets replace periodically and this way I can just reconfigure the dividers. The foam would most likely offer more overall protection, but you sacrifice being able to reconfigure it over time and will loose some space just because of the way foam cutouts work.

The 1569 Lid organizer is also a must. Simply fantastic and makes the 1560 with padded dividers great. The 1569 lid organizer screws in with provided screws into screw holes already in place. Well done Pelican! If you go with the divider and you plan on travel with this, you'll probably want to put a piece of foam between the gear and the lid organizer. (I'm thinking a towel, since that also has photo uses). But still overall great.

Finally one thing to note, I've read all kinds of reviews on moisture in air tight containers that sit closed for long periods of time. Most of them talk about safes where the paper actually degrades fairly fast due to air moisture. Not sure why that would actually happen, but for a little extra I also added in a silica gel descant into my case to help remove any moisture I introduce into it.

This case has two latches that close securely but if I were wheeling it around I would consider putting at least one lock or some device into one of the two locking holes just to make sure it didn't accidentally get unlatched and open up. For air travel it has two lock holes near each latch. So you'll need two locks if you want to secure it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Perfect! This case is awesome! It is very sturdy with nice cushioned lining inside. It comes with an extendable handle and wheels which makes it easy to take with. It was lighter than what I was expecting yet extremely strong. My only regret with this purchase is that I did not do it earlier. This case holds pretty much all of the lenses and gear which I ever need for my Fujifillm XT-1. This makes travelling and preparing for a shoot so easy. Extremely handy!
on October 31, 2013
i have the pelican 1510, which is perfect for travel or small gigs, but when i need to carry everything i need for an event or wedding (except for lighting stands), i have plenty of room in the 1560. it can hold (simultaneously) 2x 5d3 with grips, 4x 580 size speedlights, the 70-200 f/2.8 IS, 24-70 f/2.8 mk1, 35mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.2, 100mm f/2.8, 15mm fisheye, 2x stroboframes, 4x PW plus II, 2x stofen omnibounces, and all the accessories (batteries, cables, etc).

i have used it as a step stool to get a little higher perspective. the first thing i did when i got it was jump on the lid while closed and latched. i'm about 190 lbs and i felt confident putting all my weight jumping on it.

so it is a pelican case, so it is a little bulky, it is a bit ugly as far as rolling cases go. the wheels are this hard plastic that make a lot of noise when rolling on asphalt and cement, but i love it.
on February 7, 2014
I originally considered between this and 1590. I Also considered bigger models, but dismissed them to to increase in price and space addition not being sufficient to justify higher cost. This fits what I need. It is not so small as 1590, but not too big as supposed to less ease for caring around. Currently, it is holding 2 dslr full frame bodies, 17mm TS L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50mm L, 100mm macro L, extenders, various filters, batteries, 3 x 600ex rt (in upright position), st-r3 trigger, and other items like diffusers and gary fong wale tail. I may still fit more, but I have other bags for carrying small items and what I need from this case for the occasion I am using gear for. It is more than enough at the moment, and I am very satisfied with this case. I know my investments will be well protected as leave in the car type of storage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2014
As a sports photographer, I found this is the very thing for holding all my equipment in a secure way. I had been searching for a rolling equipment bag - this is much better. I had hoped that the wheels would be bigger (to make it easier to roll across grass and artificial turf), but I realize that bigger wheels would take up more interior space. Perhaps the trade-off would be worth it. I like the fact that I can secure the container with a bike lock while I am working the sidelines. I also like that it is "Tonka-tough", so I don't worry that a clumsy athlete with their size 14 cleats will damage anything (like happened with my soft equipment bag).
on December 11, 2012
It arrived all boxed up - I took it out and was pleased with the thickness and the stoutness of the case. It comes with the organizer center and the egg foam for the lid. It was a good thing I purchased the lid organizer so that the smaller pieces of my collection could have a place to nestle without getting lost in the case.

The organizer (for the whole box) is a good idea, as it lets you set up how YOU use the contents. I know that my camera's and my lenses are well protected within the confines of the Pelican box!!! Not only that.................but it also has wheels with a pull out handle.!!! I did not expect this, so this was an unexpected surprise. (But very welcomed :-} )

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.