Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 26, 2013
I did a lot of research and there were so many highly rated shower filters. Upon reading the reviews there were some filters that had the same problems.....leaking, cracking and cheap fittings.
So far I have had no problems. Installation was easy ( I watched my husband). I really love that this is a five stage filtration system. It is made very well. I will probably have to replace the filter sooner than they recommend due to four users who like long showers.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a five stage quality filter.
on August 14, 2013
I bought this for a girl who has A LOT of hair, and we live in a town with very harsh water. This system was the highest rated I could find south of $200. Granted she came from a house with a water softener but she hasn't complained since I installed it, and her hair is doing just fine.

Pro Tip, read the directions, they'll tell you to use a bucket (i used the kitchen trashcan) to capture any water the first time you install the filter, because it will shoot out a bunch of black crud. Yeah, it does do that. So don't even attach the wand or shower head before turning it on that first time either, you'll thank me.

Oh and the Handheld wand do-hickey. It's great. Instead of discreet setting it has a continuous spectrum for adjustment, my favorite shower head I've ever encountered.
on January 27, 2016
I bought this on a whim for our previous home, as I have a dry skin problem. While I cannot attest to a general effect, there is a spot on my scalp that improved noticeably within weeks of installation. As I had changed my shampoo technique about the same time, there was some doubt as to what caused this improvement. However, when we sold our home and relocated, the problem worsened. Just a few weeks after installing this filter in our new home, the spot on my scalp is clearing up again.
Be prepared for two minor irritations: 1) the effect of adjusting the temperature of the shower is delayed until the water in the filter has been replaced at the new temperature - though it's less than the 30 seconds mentioned in the instructions; 2) when the faucets are shut off, the showerhead may continue to drip until the filter empties - how badly, for how long, if at all, depends on your showerhead.
on November 24, 2013
GREAT.....My hair was so damaged from the "WATER" in my home.....spent so much money on hair products. My hair dresser was having concerns (lives in another area). I was researching hair product, like a did every moment I could, I finally saw a small article about water could be damaging your hair..... Researched several products...this one was the best...and I completely agree. After the 1st time I washed my hair, I felt the difference in my hair and skin. Easy to attach and attach a rain shower head.
on May 1, 2016
I am one of these guys reading all reviews and rarely post - but when I am impressed I will type.
I have it now for a couple of weeks and here is what I can report.
It gave me better stand under height (I am 6ft 4inch) than any other (and what I had before - no filter), especially compared to filters which just mount in between. The filter going upwards is genius. I can tell that the chlorine smell is for sure gone. I have not tested the water quality in any other way, but felt a difference when showering and rinsing my hair and that from my son. Installation was easy, kit even included TAPE !!! Wow
The different spay patterns are great and easy to adjust, my son likes it soft, so no issue to adjust for him.
The only (kinda) con I could bring forward is the somewhat stiff wand hose - I would pay a few box more for a bit more flexible version.
on January 26, 2015
I just took my first shower with my new Pelican shower filter.... wow!
Living in Los Angeles, you forget how bad the water is here until you get a great filter to slap you in the face with some soft filtered water!
I am not lying when I say after one shower, I can feel the difference. My skin feels softer and I noticed my hair lathered much better with less shampoo. Bonus!
This was super easy to instal and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a shower filter that really works. This one does!
on October 14, 2016
 I bought this because it claims to remove chloramines, which is what the Houston municipal water system now uses to clean its water. It was easy to hook up and installation was a snap. Just used a wrench to tighten and plumber's tape for possible leaks on the . I really like the motion of selection for the wand stream as its really easy to operate during a shower. The stream goes from powerful piercing scrub to rainfall. Best of all the wand STAYS PUT!I not like allot of other cheep wands out there which was the problem with our previous wand. Make sure to run the filter for a few gallons and catch it in a pale like the instructions say as you will get black carbon all over your shower if you don't.

Water quality so far:
-Definitely notice that the smell has improved.
-I like to take hot showers and notice the steam is not as thick as it used to be "possible chlorine in the vapor.."
-Water is not hard where it feels scaly on your skin.
-Water is not soft where you cant get the soap off.
-Passes Wifey Test!
on February 28, 2015
For some reason, my skin is especially sensitive to hard water. Because of this, i have had central water conditioning for many years. I traveled to nevada on business recently and I am staying in a condo for several months. Because of the way the water is set up here, it is impossible for me to have a central water conditioning system. To make matters worse, the water here is some of the worst i have experienced.

I was not particularly optimistic about this purchase. However, i was pleasantly surprised to find that it improved the quality of the water significantly. If 0 points is where i was at and 100 is the quality of the water i have at home with my central conditioner, i would give this a solid 70-80. Given the price, and given that the water quality probably starts out significantly better at home, that is impressive.
on October 28, 2016
There are all sorts of different shower filters and they come in many different shapes and sizes... and I think I have tested out 7 or 8 different brands while trying to find a filter that I felt was worth sticking with. This Pelican is more expensive than a lot of the other filters I have used in the past, but in this case you really do get what you pay for. I replaced a different brand shower filter (Culligan) when this one came in, and the difference was very noticeable. The water felt much softer and I just felt a lot fresher after showering upon installing the Pelican shower filter. I don't usually bother taking the time to leave longer reviews unless I feel that a product actually stands out far above my expectations, and I can honestly say the Pelican shower filter hit the spot for me. The filter is very easy to install and it doesn't look ridiculous either like some other filters... it has a nice modern, sleek look to it which doesn't really stick out too much when it's hooked up to the shower, even though it's not small by any means it still doesn't really atract too much attention. I'm done experimenting with all these other brands like I have been for the past couple of years... I'm sticking with the Pelican from now on and I would recommend it to anyone.
on August 28, 2017
I've been using/testing/trying filters for years now. Even doubled up on a couple along the road.

Nothing too scientific. I suffer from kidney stones so my comparison gauge is with spring water. And all I do is a simple taste test of the water to know if it's working. Well this is an amazing filter. Three stage works great and seems to really do the trick. Better than others.

I added this filter AFTER: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ya/ref=yo_ii_bia_view?ie=UTF8&ac=bia&reorder_params=B01BLO3FAU%2C112-8054011-4650625

This type of filter suffers from wearing down quickly. However, with the three stage filtering first, it shown minimal use with two people showering daily.

I'd highly recommend this total setup. You know the difference immediately. Skin and taste. Will be setting up a similar sink/faucet contraption soon. Must buy!!!
review image