Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Pellie Runs A Marathon
Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$26.77+ $3.99 shipping

on June 28, 2017
There are not many books for children about marathons, so this is a good one among slim pickings. I got this book for my 5-year-old niece when she came to watch me run a marathon. The language is a little simplistic, even for kids (and especially for my niece who is a big reader), but it's definitely written by a marathon runner, so it's relatively realistic. But it's a winner for me because my niece insisted on following along in the book, mile by mile, while my family tracked my run! She had a lot of fun with it, and we've even used some of the rhymes to help her keep going when she got tired towards the end of a hike too.
on June 18, 2012
Bought this for a friend's baby shower. We were instructed to bring books instead of cards. Friend is also a track coach and triathlete whom I am encouraging to run longer distances...this book was perfect! She had a good laugh, and maybe if I don't convince her to do 26.2, her daughter might be inspired to do it!!
on June 18, 2018
Read this book to my toddler at 9 pm. Ran an 8 minute marathon PR starting at 7:45 am. Coincidence? No. This book *will* lower your race time.
on February 10, 2004
Pellie teaches the importance of not giving up and doing your best, even if your best is not being the winner. She sends a powerful message to children about setting goals and achieving them even when it is difficult to do so. The pace of the book engages children in the story and by the end they are chanting the refrain with the reader.
A great book to encourage fitness and goal setting with kids from pre-readers to emerging readers.
One person found this helpful
on January 3, 2004
This little duck is a great role model for adults and children alike! She perseveres through the 26+ mile run and celebrates her accomplishment at the end - it's not about winning, just about finishing! I highly recommend this book for preschool teachers, coaches, and parents.
One person found this helpful